Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,421 to 12,440 of 12,524

redd214

Cyberpunk delayed until September, my plans for the first half are all screwed lol. More PS5 games I guess

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Octane

@redd214 Well, that's definitely going to be a PS5 game for me then. I was going to wait regardless, because CDPR's games are notoriously bugged at launch, but six months or so is still quite a lot of time. Now it's only a month or two, so there's no reason to play this on vanilla PS4.

Octane

Ralizah

Do we even know if it's getting a PS5 version, or what, if any, performance improvements there will be?

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Octane

@Ralizah It will probably be optimised for PS4 Pro, so it will likely play better on PS5 than on my vanilla PS4; even if the PS5 play the PS4 Pro version, that's still more than I currently have.

Because it's so close to next gen console, I don't see why they can't have a version with higher frame rate or resolution that is closer to a maxed out PC version on Series X and PS5.

Octane

PikPi

@Ralizah @NEStalgia

Eh, I'm standing by the fact that FromSoftware commands enough hype that a game like Bloodborne 2 would easily make the PS5 an instabuy for many people, regardless of the perceived "niche" of their games, which honestly at this point, I don't think should be called niche anymore, lmao.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Octane

@PikPi I think that most who would buy Bloodborne 2 day one, are probably the same people that will buy a PS5 day one regardless of whether Bloodborne 2 is on it.

Octane

PikPi

@Octane Haha, maybe

Cyberpunk being delayed makes sense, figured it'd see one before launch, which must be good news for many April games

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

redd214

@Ralizah we don't know definitively however I would assume it will get some boost with the better hardware even if it's just the load time elimination they showed with Spiderman.

redd214

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Sometimes I think that FROM games are the Sony fanbase version of Smash.... Though it doesn't sell anywhere close....

@PikPi I mean, a new PaRappa would make the console an insta-buy for "many" people. Doesn't mean it's a mass market system seller.

@Octane "same people" Very good point.

NEStalgia

NotTelevision

A lot of good stuff coming in Q1, but I would have put it on hold for Cyberpunk. Looks set to dominate the discussion during the majority of 2020 as well. How massive is this launch going to be? 😂

NotTelevision

NEStalgia

I know Witcher 3 is well loved and all, and I know Cyberpunk looks kind of cool, but I still worry about any game riding such a hype machine.....rarely does the product ever live up to the hype because generally it's not possible.

Cyberpunk is like a test balloon for GTAVI marketing or something

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@PikPi I think that most who would buy Bloodborne 2 day one, are probably the same people that will buy a PS5 day one regardless of whether Bloodborne 2 is on it.

Nahhh. Bloodborne 2 as a launch game would definitely shorten the time before I buy a PS5, but I'm still not buying it day 1. It's never worth it to buy a console that early. Huge price and almost no games. I always wait a minimum of a year and a half. At that point you can usually get a used console for a lower price, and there are usually quite a few good games out by then!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Well, this incoming gen is the first time there actually is a legitimately cool reason to upgrade early. With BC, your existing library can (should?) also get a performance bump. At least swaths of it. So that makes early adoption a little more intriguing. OTOH, I've also learned that the first revision of the hardware is almost always the worst choice. It costs more, is bigger, runs hotter, runs louder, and the mid-gen refresh is almost always the most owned version of the machine with the kinks worked out.

NEStalgia

redd214

Yeah this upcoming gen seems like it's really a not much downside to be there day one. New console, better controller, better performing games, new warranty, without losing out on current games all for a few hundred bucks. Lose nothing a gain a bunch

redd214

link3710

In terms of system sellers, I think it's important to keep in mind what's a system sellers differs for everyone. What sold me was Digimon Cyber Sleuth (which I ended up playing on Switch anyways somehow cause it got announced right after I bought the system) + Digimon World + Kingdom Hearts 3. Persona 5 would have too if it hadn't been seemingly a lock for Switch back then. But I'm well aware my tastes are well off from most, yet I doubt any of the games I wanted it for would be what most would call system sellers.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

What I wonder the most with games like Cyberpunk is how a next gen version will exist. Will it be 1 version for both gens and the existence of PS5/Series X enhanced patches which really make the most of the system or will it be 2 separate versions with the next gen version coming out a bit later like TLoU PS3 and PS4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@diwdiws it's not launching for 10ish months away. If someone is in a position where they can't sock away 30, 40 bucks a month then yeah they obviously have bigger things to worry about than a launch ps5 sure.

redd214

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Good question. I guess that depends on whether they want to go the extra mile and optimise it for next gen as well. But I also think that a PS5/Series X box on the shelves sells better than a BC PS4/XOne version. So they may want to do something similar to TLOU.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic