Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,261 to 12,280 of 16,084

Octane

@link3710 Doesn't sound right lol. Maybe if there's a big day one patch? However, those aren't mandatory.

I think it takes around 5 minutes for me. I pop the disc in, go to the toilet, grab a drink or snack, and the game is ready to play.

Octane

link3710

@Octane Yeaaaah to be fair, I'm still about 90% sure the last game I installed was only partially on disc... what was it... oh yeah, it was the copy of Spyro Trilogy I got for free. Which if I remember correctly, is only the first level on disc, just like on Switch.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 Yeah, but Spyro is the exception; most games are on disc.

Octane

Monkey_Balls

Right, I've finally managed to get some spare time to sit down and reply. @Octane @Ralizah @link3710 thanks for all your input; it's much appreciated. And I'm still none the wiser, argh.

I think I'm veering towards the Pro. Those videos Ralizah posted are very helpful - some of the RE7 images on the Slim PSVR look extremely grainy, almost unwatchable even, although I'm aware the quality (taken from the TV feed and via YouTube) isn't an exact representation of the PSVR screen. I should probably go for the better quality Pro (albeit it's not a vast improvement). The HDD size is also a concern; I won't have any issues regarding data caps but my Internet speed isn't the greatest so thanks to link3710/Octane for pointing that out.

Having said all that, I'm currently sat here with the Slim, PSVR and plenty of games all waiting for me to dive in. I've also been watching videos about the Pro's noisy fan and it sounds like a vacuum cleaner on some of them, so that isn't helping my decision.

I'll see what my willpower is like over Christmas - either I will relent and fire it up or hold off a few more days and pick up the Pro (hopefully there might be further reductions in a Boxing Day sale or something). I have until the 30th January to return the Slim so have plenty of time to make up my mind (if I ever do!).

I bumped into an old friend earlier. He's got every console going, has a gaming PC, etc - I was sure he would provide the definitive answer and put me out of my misery. Alas, my quick-fire "PS4 with five games or Pro with two games... Go!" was met with a shrug, quickly followed by: "Neither, get an Xbox." No bloody help, ha.

So I'm sat here distracting myself with Christmas films and wine. Meanwhile, Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us are calling me from the next room...

Ugh. Thanks for all your help and have a great Christmas.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

link3710

@Monkey_Balls One more thing that might help: PS5 is full backwards compatible, so it probably makes more sense to wait for that than sell your 4 for a pro then sell that for a 5 if you're interested.

link3710

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

@Dezzy what's 10 great PlayStation 4 games

Again, you asked for the games that i'm not sure you have the machine right now or you just ask the users with trolling questions. 🤨

If you have PS4 machine, try these 10 PS4 games :
1. Dragon Quest Builders 2
2. The Sims 4
3. Portal Knights
4. Secret of Mana
5. Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles
6. Override Mech City Brawl
7. Ratchet & Clank
8. Kingdom Hearts 3
9. FF X /X-2 HD Remaster
10. LEGO City Undercover

If you don't have PS4 yet, buy the machine ASAP and stop asking trolling questions.

Anti-Matter

Monkey_Balls

If anyone is interested (probably not, ha), I picked up the Pro yesterday.

Quick question: I've read that the PS4 is region-free but it might be an issue when downloading DLC. I'm looking at the US version of Borderlands GOTY Edition (half the price if bought from the US). The disc contains all of the DLC, but what about patches (if any) or online play - will I have any problems (UK PS4)? Thanks.

Monkey_Balls

Grumblevolcano

@Monkey_Balls Patches and online play won't be a problem but if any DLC was a download you wouldn't be able to redeem it.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Ninfan wrote:

@Dezzy what's 10 great PlayStation 4 games

What's that in response to. Or you just asking randomly?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
I have no idea about Ninfan.
He just asked so randomly, like a question by a teenager.
And he didn't even replied yet.
Looks like a troll. 🤨

Anti-Matter

Monkey_Balls

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Patches and online play won't be a problem but if any DLC was a download you wouldn't be able to redeem it.

@Grumblevolcano Thanks for replying. I've been googling around and I'm 99% sure that the PS4 Borderlands DLC is all on the disc; it was a bit confusing because there are two versions for the PS3 - one with DLC included and one with a download code - which Google was happy to tell me about (I'm asking about the PS4 version, dammit!). Can anyone confirm this?

I ended up buying the Bioshock Collection instead. It wasn't even on my radar; this PS4 purchase is going to kill my wallet (so many games!).

Monkey_Balls

Ralizah

This is just perfect. I want to cry.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Found Fallen Order for cheap on ebay so decided to get that. The general audience seemed to love it, so I imagine I will too.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

Picked some more things up in the sale.

Dragon Quest Heroes - At this point I doubt the Switch version is making it west, so I figured why not.
Tetris Effect - for my PSVR.
Metal Max Xeno - Kinda budget looking JRPG (maybe an enhanced Vita port), but it's more techy than your typical JRPG (large emphases on tanks) so I decided I'd give it a try. Only thing is this is the kind of game that could pop up on Switch at any moment, and I'd probably rather play it there if it did.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah "This video is no longer available due to copyright restriction by Square Enix."

I, too, want to cry.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I replaced the link.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ninfan

I see PS5 is going to be backwards compatible all the way back to the the first PS . Or does that mean I can buy the first PS games on the PlayStation network. Great best PS games are all on the first PS.

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic