Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,101 to 12,120 of 16,083

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician Jeez you're worse than me. At least I'm only gonna grab Digimon until I've caught up on everything.

I blame my weakness on NIS America. Arguably my favorite third party publisher, I usually purchase each game they release regardless of the genre. October has been brutal as they're releasing five limited edition games this month alone. I only pray that they space their releases out a little better next year (La-Mulana 1&2, Disaster Report 4, Langrisser 1&2, Psikyo Shooter Collection 1&2, and RPG Maker MV).

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician Shoot what, Langrisser 1&2 and La-Mulana 1&2 are getting physical releases this month? Ugh, I'm looking through the site now, I had no idea all these games were available with amazing collector's editions... What did you do to me?

link3710

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician Shoot what, Langrisser 1&2 and La-Mulana 1&2 are getting physical releases this month? Ugh, I'm looking through the site now, I had no idea all these games were available with amazing collector's editions... What did you do to me?

No no, Langrisser 1&2 along with La-Mulana 1&2 are scheduled for sometime next year. I'm hoping not all in January. The five this month are YU-NO, Alliance Alive HD, Destiny Connect, Disgaea 4, and Atelier Ryza.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician Ah gotcha. Well I'll probably get Ryza and Alliance Alive on sale at Black Friday since the SEs are already gone, and maybe pick up both Disagea 1&4 SEs now. I hadn't even heard of Destiny Connect but it honestly looks pretty good too? Definitely considering the SE. It honestly reminds me of what I expected Chrono Cross to look like... YU-NO is a no thanks from me, the trailers don't look promising.

Disaster Report, I've somehow never heard of? Is the dialogue good in these games? It looks like one that's pretty dependent on telling a good story.

link3710

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician Ah gotcha. Well I'll probably get Ryza and Alliance Alive on sale at Black Friday since the SEs are already gone, and maybe pick up both Disagea 1&4 SEs now. I hadn't even heard of Destiny Connect but it honestly looks pretty good too? Definitely considering the SE. It honestly reminds me of what I expected Chrono Cross to look like... YU-NO is a no thanks from me, the trailers don't look promising.

Disaster Report, I've somehow never heard of? Is the dialogue good in these games? It looks like one that's pretty dependent on telling a good story.

Destiny Connect is a fair looking game. Although the reviews in Famitsu were less than favorable, scoring 29/40 (by comparison...Anthem scored higher that week, 32/40 ). And I'm thoroughly unfamiliar with the Disaster Report series. All I know is that the series is made by former Irem employees, some of the same folks who made the original R-Type. To me, it looks like nothing more than a third person walking simulator with several dramatic set pieces.

link3710

@Magician ah welp. I was hoping Disaster Report would at least have some actual survival elements to it. Too bad to here about Destiny Connects low scores, better check the reviews to figure out what's up.

EDIT: Looks like the game was controversial, it had reviews both at 6 and 8. Given it appears to be a 7th gen throwback RPG, that's no surprise.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dezzy

This "leak" about Elden Ring sounds fairly likely to be true. Releasing in March/April, which looks quite likely because literally every Soulsborne game has released at that same time. Also apparently big trailer at Game Awards, sounds very plausible too, as the original Sekiro reveal was at the Game Awards. So they obviously have a relationship with the company.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NotTelevision

@Dezzy That would be great, but dang it sounds like a pretty packed 3 months. 😅

They said that this is the biggest game they’ve ever made, so that’s exciting. Not sure how I fell about them returning to a dark fantasy setting again for this game. I guess there is only so many environments you can utilize for a Soulsborne game, but I’m hoping the world doesn’t just feel like DS and stands out a bit more.

NotTelevision

BruceCM

Well, there should be some differences with the story, @NotTelevision .... Just being the same vague 'dark fantasy' leaves plenty of room I'm planning to get that for my XBox One, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EvilLucario

From Software is one of those rare developers where I'd buy a game without second thoughts so whatever they do, I'm game.

Problem is, I also need to save money for a trip next year to the UK. So yeah...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

NotTelevision wrote:

@Dezzy That would be great, but dang it sounds like a pretty packed 3 months. 😅

I know right. Deciding between this, FF7, Cyberpunk and TLOU2, is insane. No way can anyone play all of those within their launch window, unless you have like 2 months of completely free time. Even that would be a struggle with a game like Cyberpunk.

I'll probably only manage 2 of those at launch, and the other 2 will get added to the backlog (at the front of the queue). TLOU2 is definitely getting added to the backlog. After that it probably depends on how Elden Ring turns out. If it's really just another Dark Souls but with a more open-world, then it might be the first game I play out of this list. (only because FF7 is episodic though. If that was the full game, it'd be my first priority)

Edited on by Dezzy

NotTelevision

@Dezzy If it is just open world DS, I also will still absolutely play it. Can’t wait for gameplay footage to see what they are up to.

NotTelevision

Dezzy

@NotTelevision

Yeah I'm curious how they'll manage it. I mean Dark Souls 1 is kinda open-world-ish already. It's just more closed and segmented environments.

They couldn't really make it completely open-world though because it would ruin the whole sense of progression, as well as the whole finding shortcuts and opening locked doors and gates. So I imagine what they mean is just that it will be like Dark Souls 1 but the individual areas themselves will be much bigger and more open. Dark Souls 3 already increased the physical scale of things from Dark Souls 1, so they probably just mean they're continuing on that trajectory even further.

Magician

I just hope that From Software considers returning to either the Lost Kingdoms or Otogi series of games. Like Square Enix with Final Fantasy, it feels as though all From Software has done are Soulsian games since the success of Dark Souls. Even the last Armored Core game was six years ago. And I know there's a petition for a Chomehounds sequel floating around the interwebs.

Dezzy

@Magician

They're just being financially smart to be fair. The Souls audience is very big and very devoted to that specific genre. They wouldn't just buy anything FromSoft make. Are they really going to go from 5 million sales a game to about 1 million sales maximum for an Armored Core game?

I bet that's what happened with Sekiro. I bet he wanted to do something quite different but then along the way, the business owners kept reminding him that it will sell a lot more if it's a souls-like game, and bit by bit pushed him more and more into that direction. It was published by Activision wasn't it. You know they don't give a rats ass about the creative side.

Edited on by Dezzy

kkslider5552000

So something I literally just thought of that amused me. Because of the delay, Last of Us Part 2 is going to release on the PS4, right around E3, during its last major year. Which is pretty much exactly the same as when the Last of Us released on PS3. Like I think its only the difference of...maybe a month.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

@kkslider5552000 Good spot. Only a two week difference.

I personally hope that Ghost of Tsushima isn't pushed too far back in the year. July/August. But if it's late 2020, I may as well play it on PS5 if the launch games are interesting.

Octane

Dezzy

Finally got round to playing Sekiro.

Damnnnn this developer can make me enjoy pretty much anything. I had so little interest in the samurai setting before now (probably why I didn't buy it day 1 like I do with Dark Souls), but they really do make it interesting. I don't really care about the story though. I think they're better just sticking to the minimalist stories.

I love how they've now made 3 different series that are all quite different, and yet all feel like they're the same thing. They really should've just called Bloodborne and Sekiro, Dark Souls 3 and Dark Souls 5, and just build into the series the idea that the game systems and settings change a lot.

NotTelevision

@Dezzy Yeah it’s an awesome game. Probably the best I’ve played this year. There is one region in that game that tops almost everything From has done to this point.

But it’s a hell of a beast to take down. Even more than the Souls games or Bloodborne for me.

NotTelevision

Dezzy

@NotTelevision

Which region?

I haven't found it any harder than Dark Souls/Bloodborne so far. Maybe it picks up though? I'm currently on the butterfly lady, who is the hardest boss so far (that judgement is including the fact that she has a second stage)

Yeah it's probably my GOTY so far. I didn't get round to playing RE2 yet though, so that might come out on top when I play it.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic