Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,081 to 12,100 of 16,084

Octane

Bluepoint Games is working on a PS5 title. And Ghost of Tsushima is indirectly confirmed to launch on PS4 sometime next year (I mean, we all expected it, but it's nice to get another confirmation).

Octane

Ralizah

So, for PS4 in 2020, it's looking like:

• Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
  • Shin Sakura Taisen

That's a pretty solid set of exclusives so far.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Zuljaras wrote:

Are you guys picking one up at launch or wait for upgraded model? Actually do you think that there will be a PRO model of the new consoles?

I almost never buy a new console at launch. Just don't see the benefit really. I usually wait about 18-24 months, and buy a used console for a lower price, at which point there are usually enough exclusives out to justify having it.

Ralizah wrote:

So, for PS4 in 2020, it's looking like:

• Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
  • Shin Sakura Taisen

That's a pretty solid set of exclusives so far.

You've forgot the biggest exclusive!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

If Knack 3 isn't there at launch I suggest we riot!!!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ralizah

@Dezzy Yeah, I was only counting games I'm personally interested in.

Although I'll argue that FFVIIR is the bigger exclusive, regardless of sales. Many of us have been waiting for this remake since we were kids. It was a dream come true, and, personally, if it turns out well, it'll majorly boost my opinion of the PS4's library on its own.

@redd214 Sony needs to come out of the gate with some massive launch title. Imagine if something like H:ZD 2 was a launch game. That'd be HUGE.

I'm still convinced a big part of the Switch's early momentum was BotW being a launch title for it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

redd214

@Ralizah yeah Horizon 2 would be great at launch! They have my business regardless of if they have a major title at launch or not, but I do agree something on that scams from the jump would be impressive!

redd214

link3710

@Zuljaras Well, to be honest... I just got my PS4 last year. I still have enough titles (including God of War and the rest of Spiderman) to play to last me most of next gen.

link3710

Octane

Horizon 2 is very likely. But I'm certain there's another one. Maybe a new Gran Turismo; something which they can support throughout the PS5's lifetime. Maybe that one new secret studio that was rumoured to be working on an Uncharted game; but maybe it turns out to be something else entirely.

Octane

NEStalgia

Ghost of Swansong: Forgotten Tale.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Although I'll argue that FFVIIR is the bigger exclusive, regardless of sales. Many of us have been waiting for this remake since we were kids. It was a dream come true, and, personally, if it turns out well, it'll majorly boost my opinion of the PS4's library on its own.

It was my most anticipated game of 2020, but the fact that it's just the Midgar section has slightly reduced my hype. Now it's my third most anticipated game after Cyberpunk and Xenoblade (and maybe Halo, but we don't know enough about that yet to say)

I'm sure it'll still be great, but I was so looking forward to that epic open-world version of the world map.

redd214 wrote:

If Knack 3 isn't there at launch I suggest we riot!!!!

I thought I saw an advert for a new Knack in the paper the other day. But it turns out I'd just spilled a drink on the page and the ink had bled into an incoherent mess.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NotTelevision

I just got a PS4 last year, so I won’t be jumping on the PS5 that soon. I’m sure the leap in graphics and performance will be great, but most of the time it takes a year or two for developers to both release quality exclusives and take full advantage of the hardware. They are releasing some big guns in 2020 for the PS4 with FFVII, Last of Us, Cyberpunk, and they said Ghost of Tsushima is going to still be a PS4 game.

I’m also seeing estimates of it releasing at $500-600 bucks. That’s fair because I’m sure it will be a much more capable machine, but I don’t want to spend more than 400 on a game console.

NotTelevision

Magician

Well the moment I had been waiting for has arrived. The Division 2 is on deep discount on the Murica PS Store, $21. I just started Destiny 2, Summon Night 6, and Dragon Quest XI. So of course I need another 50+ hour rpg in my backlog. sigh

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@NotTelevision I'm in the same boat. I'll wait for the end of generation and pick up all the games on the cheap yet again most likely.

@Magician Ouch, good luck with all that. I'm in the same boat between Witcher 3, DQ XI and Ni No Kuni so I feel ya.

link3710

BruceCM

He's also got Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planescape & Icewind and Witcher 3 for Switch, @link3710 ....
How are you getting on with that, if you are playing it?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

link3710

@BruceCM Ugh, well my copy of Witcher 3 didn't show up until late last night so... haven't even gotten to start it.

link3710

BruceCM

Be sure to let us know how it goes when you have played a bit ... @link3710

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

He's also got Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planescape & Icewind and Witcher 3 for Switch, @link3710 ....
How are you getting on with that, if you are playing it?

Never mind that I've also got the Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth double pack on the 18th, Destiny Connect on the 22nd, along with Disgaea 4+ and Atelier Ryza on the 29th.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician Jeez you're worse than me. At least I'm only gonna grab Digimon until I've caught up on everything.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic