Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,061 to 12,080 of 16,083

link3710

@Ralizah

https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/18/spyro-reignited-trilogy-ha...

Even if Crash outsold it, Spyro's sales are the best the series has ever seen (outside of Skylanders) by a ludicrously large margin. Launch month sales were 30% greater than the rest of the series combined in NA, when it launched on only two platforms compared to much of the series being on three or major exclusives. There's no reason to think they wouldn't fund both considering they were developed by two entirely different studios (Vicarious Visions vs Toys for Bob).

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 Oh, cool! Good to hear it did well. I'd absolutely love to have a brand new PS4 Spyro game. I'm glad the dark days of Skylanders is over. Whatever the thing in that game was, it wasn't the soft, adorable lizard I knew and loved as a child.

CB absolutely outsold it, though. Especially in the UK.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah There's irrationality and then there's that.

"Hey, how you doin'? "
Untitled

The question of whether or not to mate in the TLoU world is like asking "would you go to Charlie Sheen's bedroom?" Anyone who answer's "yes" in either case should be immediately institutionalized for the good of the world.

Don't forget Spyro is tied to Skylanders the cash cow...err..dragon. They burned all Skylanders bridges. time to milk more Spyro!

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

@Ralizah If the romance story began before the apocalypse and is part of her past, it's fair game. But we know that wasn't the case, because we saw her as a child during the apocalypse. Starting a new romance story in the middle of a zombie infested, fungus ridden apocalypse is shoehorning. Doesn't matter if it's homo or hetero, a romance story is shoehorned in this series.

I don't think this really makes sense given that Ellie was supposed to be born after the world had ended. This was the only life she knew. She's not gonna regard it as an emergency situation that requires changing your priorities. She's just gonna regard it as how life is.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Ralizah Oh most certainly. Spyro was released at like, the worst timing possible on Switch at least, while Crash was basically one of two major releases in a month, and the other was a completely different genre.

link3710

Octane

@redd214 Man, that trailer looks awesome. The E3 reveal looked a bit too much like Titanfall with a SW skin to me, but this looks a lot more promising (TF2 was a great game by the way, so it wasn't really a complaint to begin with).

@NEStalgia Imagine prehistoric humans not hooking up because the world around them was too dangerous

And the clickers are kinda stupid. They weren't the biggest threat in the first game either. I mean, if you're out on your own and in an infested building, they are, but people don't really have a problem of keeping them out of the settlements.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane you couldn't be infected with dinosaur disease and become a dinosaur by hooking up in prehistoric times..... Or get mauled by your dino infected mate who was suddenly transforming into a dinosaur . Humans were safe, just threatened by wildlife.... Not quite the same

Otoh who do i have to sleep with to become a dinosaur. I want to be a dinosaur!

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Well, I don't think people are going for the people that actively have mushrooms growing out of their faces. Chances are the people you're in close contact with every day don't have the virus, so you should be good to go.

People have been dating and mating without the benefit of vaccines or any real way to tell if the person you're sleeping with is good for millions of years. I'm guessing the human libido would survive mushroom zombies as well.

Although I'm sure there'd be fetishists who deliberately seek out the infected for fun times. Bugchasing is a real thing in the gay community, for example (for those not in the know, it's the practice of knowingly sleeping with other HIV+ men in order to contract a virus. It's a weird world, folks.)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Huh, they have a 'standard plus' edition of that here .... Comes with a reversible cover! Guess what the alternative boxart looks like?
Oh, well; if I ever get a PS4, I'll play 1st one & probably this, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Apparently TLOU2 is by far the biggest game they've made.

I like the sound of that. Uncharted 4 was pretty damn massive for an action game. I wonder how much bigger this will be.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

Hm... Honestly I was hoping more for a price tag and/or info on features than a launch date. Good news means we'll have to get those soon enough then.

Honestly, surprised they sabotaged their holiday sales for PS4 like this.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Looking at Pushsquare, there's some more details:

• Custom installation (like MCC on XB1, you'll be able to install single player, multiplayer or both)
  • 4K Blu-Ray disc drive
  • Physical games are on 100GB discs
  • UI changes
  • Adaptive triggers on DS5, better haptic feedback

There's a Wired article:

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@link3710 most people who don't already have a ps4 and buying one for the holidays are probably not the same folks who keep up with gaming news lol. I'm sure they'll be fine.

redd214

link3710

Fair enough. The fact that it's on an SSD is probably the best news out of all that, smaller games can only be a good thing.

link3710

Zuljaras

Are you guys picking one up at launch or wait for upgraded model? Actually do you think that there will be a PRO model of the new consoles?

redd214

@Zuljaras if history is anything to go by I'd 100% bet there will be iterations/pro models years after release.

I plan on definitely getting 1 at launch possibly 2 pending more details.

redd214

redd214

@Zuljaras not big, just me and my 2 boys (occasionally my wife). They play a lot of games together and it's just easier to have 2 consoles as a lot of games are online co op only or some that just are kind of janky in split screen. Very blessed to have a couple of kids that share my love of games

Edited on by redd214

redd214

link3710

@Zuljaras It's... questionable. On one hand, it's not really a matter of money for me? I can afford one on launch. But the question is whether
A: It can fully replace my PS4 (BC + Blu-Ray capabilities)
B: There's something on it near launch that justifies replacing it rather than waiting for a SE / bundle.

Chances are I'll end up getting a Scarlett at launch, and a PS5 special edition years down the road if anything. Gonna be weird having a Microsoft machine during a generation for the first time, but I feel like they're gonna manage to wow me with exclusives over Sony early on. Regardless, Switch will probably get the most playtime so...

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic