Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,001 to 12,020 of 16,083

Octane

@Dezzy I expected them to buy Remedy. But I guess they're next?

Anyway, yeah, I don't expect things to change a lot. They were going to make a Spider-Man sequel anyway.

Octane

Magician

Batman AA and Darksiders III for the PS+ games next month.

Not bad.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

Yakuza 7 has turn-based combat now in addition to a new main character.

LOL I'm excited for this new evolution of the Yakuza series. It was always basically a JRPG anyway, so this makes perfect sense to me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

Oh hey, I'll take both of those. Arkham Asylum is always worth another dive into, and Darksiders III is on my wish list. Not that I know when I'll play them but...

link3710

link3710

@redd214 Oh welp. I mean, I haven't played that one yet, so that's probably better anyways. I didn't exactly hear good things about it though.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 Don't believe a word of it. Arkham Knight is fantastic. I liked it more than Arkham City, personally.

link3710

@Ralizah Most of what I heard involved stuff like the massive frame rate issues and the like, so I'm guessing that's all been patched up by now. Or maybe it was PC exclusive, never played the series on console before.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 Performance was fine on PS4 at launch. It was, indeed, a total mess on PC, unfortunately. Really poorly optimized, for some reason.

link3710

Ah okay, I guess that explains it! Thanks!

link3710

RR529

I got the Return to Arkham collection (Asylum & City remasters) awhile ago when it was on sale, so this is perfect timing for me. I've only played Asylum so far.

From what I've read over on Push Square, it's mixed reception comes largely from the how the Batmobile controls, which is a real love or hate it kind of affair.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ryu_Niiyama

Not sure how I feel about Yakuza 7. I mean they have done wacky before...that isn't new but I guess I just wanted it to still try to take itself somewhat seriously. However I'm going to buy it either way and I'm still hoping for another Kenzan game. Ah well I'm going to try to replay the whole series (except of the end) next year. Seeing as Yakuza is pretty much the reason that I buy Playstation systems lol.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

It says a lot about the "state of play" when the PS4 fan thread is mostly dead and seems odd to be reawakened. Sony really got weird by vanishing entirely from the scene like late-era Wii. I know they're going to ham it up for PS5, but sheesh, this just seems lame.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Well regardless, I hope Sony does keep improving. Directs are my new favorite way of communicating. Last time was a definite improvement at least.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Strangely, I found some unexpected upcoming PS4 games during this year (2019) and most of them i found from playasia preorders.

Some of interesting upcoming PS4 games for me such as Stranded Sails, The Unicorn Princess, Olympic 2020, Astroneer, Autobahn Police Simulator 2, Bus Simulator, Race with Ryan, Two Points Hospital, Trials of Mana, etc.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

I think if Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima don't get launch dates in this event, we can assume they've just being delayed to be launch games for the PS5. Probably cross-gen games though, given how long they'd been targeting the PS4.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy I think LOU2 will be their big Q1/Spring game like Horizon and God of War. Really don't think they can hold that one off for another 12+ months. Ghosts definitely seems like a candidate to get pushed though.

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

Yeah that's what I'm expecting. Or maybe swapping those 2 games. But I think a Q1 game should get a launch date at this event, or at least very soon.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic