Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 16,083

Chrono_Cross

I never look at the overall Metascore when deciding a game purchase.

If reviews are ever considered beforehand, I tend to look at specific site's reviews. GameTrailers, GameInformer, JoyStiq, and Destructoid all gave positive reviews, so Second Son will definitely be on my radar when I buy a PlayStation 4 later down the line.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AlexSays

Eh most of them are 80s and the rest are split going above and below. Most of the reviews mention being disappointed in some way or another.

I'll still pick it up regardless, my other PS4 games this far all seem underrated as well. It'd just be nice to see the PS4 pick up a high scoring exclusive around the 90 mark.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Some of the scores might be higher if they waited till that Day 1 patch.

Adds five hours of content, improved graphics, more post-game enemies, and more NPCs in environment. Plus other little things..

AlexSays

Chrono_Cross

AlexSays wrote:

Some of the scores might be higher if they waited till that Day 1 patch.

Adds five hours of content, improved graphics, more post-game enemies, and more NPCs in environment. Plus other little things..

All in one patch?

My God, man.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

Welcome to Next-gen. Its going to hard to go all digital this generation.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

And apparently we're getting free episodic content every week that continues part of the story..

Definitely a lot of support from these developers.

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

Neat, though I wonder if it's only temprarily free? It's going to be a while before I'll be able to play it. Then again, maybe by then there will be a GOTY addition?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

A TV series bases on the comic book Powers by BMB is coming to PSN.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

citizenerased

Man, I cannot wait for VR to become a reality. Hard to imagine in a year or two we'll be making the first baby steps.

I do think Sony's making the same mistake they make with all their great new ideas: it's not bundled with the hardware, thus most developers are not going to use it. Still, more players on the VR field can only be a good thing.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

DualWielding

citizenerased wrote:

Man, I cannot wait for VR to become a reality. Hard to imagine in a year or two we'll be making the first baby steps.

I do think Sony's making the same mistake they make with all their great new ideas: it's not bundled with the hardware, thus most developers are not going to use it. Still, more players on the VR field can only be a good thing.

That's precisely what I like about Sony they don't force me to buy any peripherals expensive peripherals I don't want.

PSN: Fertheseeker

CanisWolfred

Am I the only one who's not really that ecstatic about Virtual reality? I mean, without some sort of dangerous brain implant, I can't imagine there'd be a large variety of games that you'd play. I can think of experience games, like some sort of walking simulator through a surreal environment, but even that would require some sort of stadium to actually do, unless the device comes with a fancy treadmill. Otherwise, what are you going to play that a headset and some gloves could actually simulate? It sounds more like a novelty rather than a true advancement actually worth pursuing.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Infamous second son is incredible, much more refined than the previous games. Traveling and combat actually feel good now

Aviator

irken004 wrote:

Infamous second son is incredible, much more refined than the previous games. Traveling and combat actually feel good now

They still included getting shot far away by people off screen. That annoys me.

Otherwise, it's good to tie me over till Fround Zeroes.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

irken004

Aviator wrote:

irken004 wrote:

They still included getting shot far away by people off screen. That annoys me.

Otherwise, it's good to tie me over till Fround Zeroes.

snipers? or regular rifle enemies? either way they all have pretty good aim admittedly

Aviator

Snipers aren't that bad. I don't think I've been hit by one yet. It's mainly the rifle guys that are on the roof. You can barely hit them yet they can hit you.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

kkslider5552000

I like Sony and have loved their marketing and PR lately, but I've seen ads that tell them to share their Watch Dogs or Destiny footage which...is just...wrong to me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AlexSays

Wrong because they're advertising games that aren't out yet, or multiplatform games instead of exclusives?

Their thinking is likely that PS4 owners will have heard about Infamous anyways, so advertising multiplatform games might pull people from purchasing other systems.

On another note, Infamous is really good so far. Really like Troy Baker as the protagonist too.

AlexSays

kkslider5552000

Games that aren't out yet. Destiny is like some Fall release I believe so that's a little questionable to me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Games that aren't out yet. Destiny is like some Fall release I believe so that's a little questionable to me.

Well it seems that SCE is facing a bit of disarry of some sort, so they want to hammer in home that the PS4 is this gens 360 so they're all paying to get some games associated with the PlayStation brand.

Its like how some people say call of duty is an Xbox game or Assissans Creed is a PlayStation game based on branding.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic