Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,461 to 11,480 of 16,083

Anti-Matter

@Octane
The question is : Will it also compatible with PS3, PS2 & PS1 games All Region ?
If not, bye bye....

Anti-Matter

TuVictus

An SSD will be amazing when it comes to loading times. They're getting cheaper by the day, too, so it shouldn't be that costly for Sony to include maybe a 1TB default SSD in all their PS5s.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@Anti-Matter BC is neat, but I don't buy new consoles to play old games. I keep my old consoles.

If I refused to buy a Switch because it isn't BC with SNES and N64 games, you'd be in your right to call me a loon as well

Octane

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Well, actually i have analyzed from my games library on Sony machines.
From PS1 until PS4, only PS2 & PS1 games that have a Lot of Suitable games for me, thanks to DDR on PS2 & PS1. 😁
For PS3, only 2 - 5 decent games that i think it could be considered. 🤔
For PS4, well.... I have decided to cut another PS4 games again due to my financial condition and i will have the Switch version instead in the future.
Only 2 - 3 PS4 games will be left. 😕

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Well, thanks to my PS2 Slim. ☺
I can rejoice with Retro sensation of PS2 & PS1 games with PS2 Slim, the most beautiful Playstation machine for me. 😍

Anti-Matter

redd214

Yeah baby!! All good news so far. BC is great, will probably be over 300 ps4 games by the time it releases, and PSVR compatability is awesome too, though I would probably opt for the 2.0 version eventually. Not confirmed but hopefully all ps4 peripherals work so I won't have to buy a new wheel and can continue to use the sweet ass $200 Astro controller I just got. Can't wait for more news!!!

redd214

Ralizah

The universal support for 3D audio sounds really cool. It could be the "HD Rumble" of the PS5, but, you know, actually immersive.

All that tech sounds expensive, though. I'm guessing $499 at launch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

erv

I love the idea of proper 3d sound. I've been longing for that stuff for a long time. I

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Octane
The question is : Will it also compatible with PS3, PS2 & PS1 games All Region ?
If not, bye bye....

Those all have very different CPU architecture from the current consoles, so it almost definitely won't be backwards compatible out-of-the-box with them. It just wouldn't be worth the cost for them to do that.

It will probably do some kind of emulation. But it's unclear as to whether it will be able to emulate PS3 games, because emulation is so dependent on the type and speed of the CPU. (modern console CPUs tend to have lots of CPU cores rather than a few very fast cores)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

I've been playing Dreams Early Access this entire afternoon, and it's pretty mental. I'm just done with the logic tutorials; everything is still very intuitive so far.

I'm going to do a few more tutorials before trying to create something myself.

Octane

redd214

@Octane glad you're enjoying it man, I know you be been looking forward to it for a while now!

redd214

Octane

@redd214 Cheers. Hopefully I'll be able to create something decent

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane That's fantastic news on both fronts!

@Zuljaras It was kind of a given, but yeah, that's great news it's not coming out yet!

Heck after all my X1 HDD woes, with PS4 BC I'm almost starting to favor PS again (sadly, I really love the X1 digital ecosystem much more....but the thing that it's spinning the HDD up every minute or two is really a problem...)

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

What about external hard drives? Having a dedicated SSD is huge, but external hard drives can't keep up with that at all. So are games REALLY going to take advantage of an SSD's capabilities and lock out external hard drives?

I would like to clap for Sony for that but until that question is answered I'll remain skeptical. Because I think external storage is far too important to where if you cut it off, people will rightfully complain.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Green-

Good thing I decided not to buy a new PS4 since our old one broke.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario I could easily foresee mandatory "transfer to internal drive to play" being a thing. Or at least "recommended", using external only for bulk storage.

I can't see game sizes getting much bigger though which is going to be a big problem. Current sizes already strain most ISPS. If they get much bigger it's a huge problem with data caps and congested ISPS. And even HDD media is starting to push up against the limits of storage. Once you need a SAN just to play video games, something is wrong.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Hmm... I wonder if they will just transfer data as needed. Like you can have unactive games on an external drive and then transfer back and forth when needed. Who knows.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Yeah, I could easily see an internal drive as a "buffer" drive, much the way a HHD works, but with a massively larger, and separate drive as the "SSD cache" - enough to fit a whole game. It would also need USB 3.1b for external SSDs to be viable.

All this seems pie in the sky though. SSDs are still WAY too expensive for the bulk volumes gaming needs at mass market pricing. It's got to be a caching scheme more or less.

NEStalgia

WebHead

I'm expecting $499 due to specs and since its PS4 BC a lot pf people buying the 5 will be trading their PS4 towards it anyway.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic