Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,441 to 11,460 of 16,084

Octane

So apparently the Iron Man VR game won't be as bad as the trailer made it out to be. Turns out it isn't a simple on-rails shooter, but more of a sandbox game akin to Spider-Man, but in VR. Kotaku wrote an article with first impressions: https://kotaku.com/the-ps4-exclusive-iron-man-vr-makes-a-surp...

And there are also two GIFs/short videos of gameplay here:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rkTXpbC3...
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fqhwaWrL...

Looks a lot more impressive than the launch trailer; and apparently it's been in development for quite a while.

Octane

RR529

Looks like Iron Man VR is shaping up nicely. Since Sony is behind this as well, I wonder if it takes place in the same continuity as last year's Spider-Man (at least for cameo/easter egg purposes).

Also started up Second Son this morning. It definitely doesn't feel as tight as Spider-Man, and I had to mess around with the visual settings at first because it was so dark, but looks like it's gonna be fun.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@RR529 Second Son does some fun stuff with the motion controls and the DS4 itself. It's a bit gimmicky, but I liked it.

The more I look at those Iron Man VR screenshots, the more it looks like some weird, but good, Star Fox / Metroid Prime hybrid. I really hope they show off some cool stuff during their next trailer, because I don't understand how they could've turned it into such an underwhelming reveal. I get it was more of a teaser, but still, it's VR, people are going to be skeptical if you only show 10 seconds of gameplay that can be mistaken for a simple on-rails shooter.

Octane

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia I have two Pro Controllers but yes, it's only PC or Switch and if you want connect to either one, it's back to square one for you to resync. I don't have your adapter but it's how it works for me.

Speaking of the DS4 controller though, one awful thing I've found is that it's SUPER EASY to click in the sticks when doing quick motions. I hate it so much because the sticks are HIGH AS HELL. WHY??????

@Octane God that's so frustrating. They managed to make a potentially awesome VR game/killer app look lame as hell. Imagine if Astral Chain's reveal trailer was JUST the part where you're dressed up as a mascot picking up litter. That's what Iron Man VR's trailer is.

Like, compare Iron Man VR and Astral Chain's reveal trailers and you can see the huge quality difference between the two. Ugh.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Forget the height of them, it's the deadzones that are horrid on them. And they always have been. That's why DS4 controllers don't have as many drift issues as others. Half the stick is set as the deadzone, so most drift area just doesn't register at all....

NEStalgia

RR529

Played some more Second Son this morning. It's pretty fun, but definitely not as polished as Spider-Man.

One issue is the combat. Don't get me wrong your powers are fun, but it's very hard lining up shots, especially when you have a half dozen or more enemies gunning you down with machine guns all at once (90% of my shots seem to miss, lol), and there's almost no situation in which melee attacks are useful (there doesn't seem to be much growth potential here, so they're probably downplayed in general). Spider-Man seemed to be much easier in the sense that there was more of a rhythm to enemy attacks were easier to flow around with so to speak.

Also, in relation to the first InFamous (never played the second), Delsin seems less adept at clinging to objects than Cole. Cole seemed to grab EVERYTHING, which while it was a minor problem in combat while you were trying to jump around sometimes, this is a bigger con. I played the mission where you had to climb the Space Needle today, and there were so many times I fell off as I didn't approach a ledge or platform at just the right angle (in comparison Cole seemed to be magnetically attracted to the surface in question as long as you were close, no pun intended).

It is a fun time generally though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

So far Second Son is going pretty smoothly.

I already have the 7 districts in the first section of the city completely cleared of D.U.P. presence, and in terms of the main quest line I recently obtained Neon powers (I had so many blast shards saved up from clearing out the city that I was nearly able to max my Neon powers out right upon getting them too). Also at Champion (the 3rd rank level of hero) and should be reaching Paragon (rank 4 heroism) any moment.

As I mentioned before, it's a little rough around the edges (launch era game and all), but a good time once you get used to it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Dezzy

I don't think I actually knew the PS4 controller had gyro. That's how much it's not used.

And I have like 30 games on my PS4.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EvilLucario

@Dezzy On Steam, it works super well. It's as accurate as the Switch Pro Controller's gyro.

And in Gravity Rush 1, it also works for aiming where you want to go, which is a damn lifesaver for me.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@RR529 Glad to see someone else appreciate the first inFamous. Everyone seems to forget it. To me, that was still the height of the series, and one of the most fun games I've ever played. Everyone raves about II...it was fun...but I felt like something important was just missing from it. Part of it was the mood. It went from a very dark noire into this bombastic action-comic with giant sized mutants. It didn't have the same gravitas of wounded anti-hero alone in the dark city as it descends into chaos mood that I think made the series so special at first. Second Son was fun but goes all sunshine and lollipops, a complete 180 from the original.

Dezzy: David Cage games, Tearaway, LBP......some VR games. Yeah, that's about all I can think of that use the gyro....

NEStalgia

TuVictus

Making my way through Sekiro. I'm so glad I'm able to make progress on my own. I think it's the best From game, mechanically and narratively. Nice to have a story that's at least able to be followed without needing to inspect the environment and read item descriptions to piece it together.

TuVictus

TuVictus

And it also might have you lose access to digital content you (don't actually) own! State of the art!

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

NEStalgia

Interneting is hard. It's a shame Sony didn't have more time to prepare for re-inventing how logins might work on such a system.

NEStalgia

redd214

Glad they finally got it worked out, wonder what people will complain about now lol! Don't think I will change mine but will pitch it to my kids see if they want to update thiers

redd214

RR529

Wow, the fight against Eugene in Second Son was actually really cool, if a bit unweildy. The boss before was pretty decent (the first that felt really like a boss fight), but this one had me on the edge of my seat.

As my completion is at 78% however (and I still have two districts I haven't even touched in terms of side activities), I have a feeling the big climax is going to be coming soon though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Octane

PS4 BC confirmed. And it will also be compatible with the current PSVR headsets. That's what I was hoping for!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic