Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,321 to 11,340 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

Turns out Anthem is bricking PS4 consoles so avoid playing it for the time being.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

There's a Final Fantasy sale on PSN for anyone in Europe right now. Good opportunity for anyone who is gonna play FF15 at the end of the month when the final DLC comes out.
Cheapest way to play it is to buy the original retail game on ebay and then buy the Season Pass + Royal Pack on PSN. Should be able to do it for about £17. Bargain for the whole thing.
Alternatively the Royal Edition is £20 on PSN.

@Octane

Lol parodied well by Laymen Gaming:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Maybe in a year it'll be something I want to try out, but it's going about as well out of the gate as I and many others expected it to lol

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

Maybe Sony just hates EA as much as the rest of us, so they're deliberately sabotaging their games.
Lets hope.

redd214

Thankfully haven't had any serious issues in the 40+ hours I've been playing. As much as I enjoy playing the game they've got a lot to iron out. Hopefully it doesn't take them to long to get it sorted.

redd214

Dezzy

Wow Devil May Cry 5 sitting at 88 on metacritic.

Capcom absolutely destroying the competition this year. Only about a month since RE2 got 92.

Angelic_Lapras_King

So having at last joined the PS4 Owners club recently, its time to start building a collection (Bar the PS+ games I have) so time for a recommendations topic!

As I've had an XBONE X for nearly a year now and it being my go to system in regards to multiplats, I want to mainly focus on the exclusives the PS4 has. Aside from the obvious stuff like Spiderman and God of War (Already ordered Street Fighter V), what are the more hidden gem exclusives you guys recommend?

Also with my PS4 being a Pro, what are the games that get a really good upgrade in 4K?

Angelic_Lapras_King

Ralizah

@Angelic_Lapras_King

Tetris Effect: Best Tetris game I've ever played. Unbelievably cool.
Ratchet and Clank: Fantastic remake of a classic PS2 game.
Shadow of the Colossus: Ditto. This runs at 60fps on the Pro, I believe.
Yakuza 0: Ridiculously macho crime-drama with fun beat'em'up combat.
Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2: Stylistically gorgeous and extremely fun moment-to-moment gameplay.
Persona 5: Best JRPG on the system.
Nioh: Good if you like Soulsborne games.

While it's probably best played on your Xbone X, if you haven't tried NieR: Automata yet, you really need to.

A lot of these games get extremely cheap in digital sales throughout the year, if you're patient.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Angelic_Lapras_King Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian for sure (not sure why @Ralizah didn't recommend the latter). As far as ''hidden gems'' go. Maybe Tearaway? It's not like a 10/10 nobody has ever heard of, but it's pretty good, and probably very cheap these days.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Because I've not played it, so I cannot, in good conscience, recommend it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@Angelic_Lapras_King

Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Dragon Quest XI, Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Ratchet and Clank

Most of all Bloodborne though.

Angelic_Lapras_King

And yet sure enough, I find Bloodborne and Ratchet+Clank in my PS+ pile. XD

They're on the downloads list, no worries.

Angelic_Lapras_King

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano "Turns out Anthem is bricking PS4 consoles so "
What whaaa?

@Octane "I'd avoid playing it completely"
Never go full BLP....

@Dezzy Wait, DMC5 is out?! I bought it and didn't even know I could run it now, LOL! I've just been counting down to 3/1 for DoA6!

@Ralizah Nioh is also good if you don't like Soulsborne games The layout is Souls, but the gameplay is a bit more Ninja Gaiden. Still brutally punishing and often unfair though. I'm not good at it, but I can recognize it's good.

Ok, so here's a weird one. I was playing KH2, doing one of the gummi ship shooting minigames....suddenly, my screen just blanks out and turns off. The PS4 is still running, white light....seems normal....no HDMI output. It's passing thrugh the PSVR box, that still showed a white light too. Not sure which component went weird. Probably the infamous "beeper" even though it hasn't been beeping recently (though I get weird DS4 dropouts....a few feet away from the machine now? X1X interfering with RF? Not sure.

I put the PS4 into Rest mode with the manual button and turned it back on and it was fine, I played a bit more....but that's weird. Not sure if it's the revenge of the "beeper" finally heading into failure mode (WITHOUT my KH3 PS4 to replace it!! Thank you Gamestop 76!) Or maybe just a fluke.

@Angelic_Lapras_King, Ratchet and Clank (one of very few games ever I kept replaying to 100%, Knack/Knack II (the internet hates it. I adore it to bits, especially II.) KH Story So Far if you haven't played past entries or want to replay old entires in HD. Street Fighter V, KoF XIV, if you like fighting games. Tons of Japanese RPGs/VNs - but not DQ since the better version is coming to Switch. I know I'm missing stuff beyond what others said, but I can't think of them!

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

KH Story So Far if you haven't played past entries or want to replay old entires in HD.

I just realised, you can't even play the prelude game (2.8) to KH3 on Xbox. It's only on Playstation. That's rather silly.

Daloblast

@Dezzy Why? that makes no sense, I have that all in one package, does Xbox not?

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

Grumblevolcano

@Daloblast No, lots of Sony exclusivity involved with the KH franchise. Whether it stays that way is a different question.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Daloblast @Dezzy @Grumblevolcano I really don't know what the politics are on that but it's just stupid at this point. I got it when it was "all the S-E RPGs are Sony only", but clearly Sony doesn't have a hold over FF anymore and the whole series (except 8 which is nowhere now that Vita and PS3 are discontinued) is multiplat. I can't imagine KH series is any more Sony tied than FF, and probably less so considering it's a Disney venture....Sony's publishing terms should have ended on PS2, and most of the lock was probably Sony's claim to FF characters they partially owned but obviously now don't. But KH3 on X1 feels like Mass Effect 3 on WiiU. Who's playing part 3 or a trilogy without access to parts 1 & 2? FFXIII, XIV made sense....FF is stand-alone. This is like putting only Lightening Returns on XBox but not XIII or XIII-2. And the weirder part is most of the games in the anthology were never Sony games, they were Nintendo games, and current gen Nintendo gets zero KH. KH publishing is an odd mess. It might just be S-E being S-E and leaving money on the table, though. Or some weird engine issue like with Chrystal Tools on XIII. It feels like eventually it will go elsewhere. I mean it's just bizarre that a host of GBA/DS/3DS games aren't even on Switch but are on PS4.

Edit: One thing I'd found out is that Sony was at some point a stakeholder in S-E, which they probably leveraged their ownership to control board decisions regarding the classic games...that explains S-E's history of self-defeating business decisions - their decisions were being influenced by some amount of shareholding control by Sony to work in Sony's interests and against S-E's. Apparently sometime in the past year before the FF multiplat announcement, Sony sold their remaining stake in S-E, which explains S-E suddenly opening FF and to everything. It doesn't explain the KH debacle though.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Yeah KH3 isn't even unarguably best on Xbox One X, for now the best framerate is on PS4 Pro due to how for some reason setting your Pro to 1080p instead of 4K will help KH3 lock to 60fps more easily. You sacrifice image quality but gain more in framerate, which is damn helpful for action games.

As for me, I just want 1.5 + 2.5 and 3 on PC. Although I'd buy 1.5 + 2.5 on Switch over PC if that ever happened.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic