Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,281 to 11,300 of 16,084

Ralizah

https://twitter.com/MonsterFarm_KT

KT launched a new twitter account to promote the 20th anniversary of Monster Rancher 2.

MONSTER RANCHER 5. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

FragRed wrote:

@Dezzy Breath of the Wild only needed to sell 2 million to ensure it broke even, and that was a game that had an extensive development time and marketing push. Nintendo must work to real small budgets.

Yeah see even with one of their biggest games ever, they're quite financially conservative.

There's almost no way that wouldn't sell 2 million. Even if the Switch console bombed, it would still sell 2 million copies because of the Wii U version.

I wonder how those numbers compare to something like Red Dead 2. There's probably quite a huge gap. (how many it needed to sell to break even)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FragRed

@Dezzy Don't Rockstar Games typically have crazy big budgets in development and marketing? I think it was over $100 million wasn't it? But I imagine for Rockstar and Take Two, because of the huge amount of money they will make each month from the online portion through micro transactions, it must scale down the number of game units they need to sell to break even. I don't know I am just guessing.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed RDR2 sold more than 23 million copies in February. I think it's safe to say that they've recouped the costs. And I believe GTAV sold even better. Their games just print money, with or without the MTX.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I assume that's up to February, rather than just in February?

NotTelevision

Does anyone else find the gameplay of Red Dead 2 a bit of an old hat? All the story missions make you go just in the right spot to do this exact right thing. I didn’t want to pay full for the game so I got it in the digital sale. Enjoying it for the most part, but I don’t like when open world games are only designed with one solution for various problems. Like they give you this vast toy box and require you only play with this toy in this certain way. Seems a bit of a waste.

NotTelevision

RR529

God of War is pretty awesome, but it's pretty tough to gauge how far I am into it. I'm only at about 33% completion of the main realm (I know this also counts optional things), but I have about half of the main map revealed, and only have one health & rage upgrade left to unlock (the apple & blood mead collectables).

Story wise I'm at the point where I found out the witch is the goddess Frejya, which is shortly after defeating that electric dragon at the top of the mountain.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

EvilLucario

Going to start up Gravity Rush now! After failing to get hooked to FFXV, hopefully this would be a nice change of pace. Then after Gravity Rush, I'll probably play Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, that's what I meant!

@RR529 You're at least halfway through I'd say. But it depends on how many optional stuff you do.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

23 million is so mental for a game about cowboys. Not exactly the most mainstream genre nowadays.

How do Rockstar manage to almost create an audience out of thin air? That number of people almost never buy anything else. Not since the Wii and DS era.

Edited on by Dezzy

RR529

Looks like my tax return should be good enough to pick up a PSVR, so I'm pretty excited!

A little nervous as I don't know how well I'll get on with it, but I've never been bothered by 3D (either movies or on 3DS), so hopefully that's a good sign (I know VR will be more intense, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Octane

@Dezzy No idea. I didn't pay attention to the marketing, but I'm certain there must've been an in-game ad in GTA V trying to sell RDR2

No, but seriously, it's weird. I get that GTA is a thing. But unless you know both of them were developed by the same company, I don't get the overlap, and let's be honest, most people have no clue who are the developers behind the games they play. They did have a crazy marketing budget though, their trailers were played in the cinema, alongside trailers for upcoming films; I've seen it several times last year.

@RR529 I don't really get motion sick, and I'm not bothered by 3D. I'm not sure it's related, but I don't have a problem with VR either. Astro Bot is a must have title by the way.

Octane

redd214

Plus games for March. Thought for sure they'd at least throw in a VR game with dropping ps3/vita but only 2. Will give COD a go, hard pass on the witness though always seemed like something I'd get frustrated with

redd214

Dezzy

@Octane

I think people probably do know they were developed by the same company.

I don't think you could explain the massive sales figures without that fact.

Ralizah

I don't think I'll even bother adding March's PS+ games to my library.

Ugh.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

I don't think I'll even bother adding March's PS+ games to my library.

Ugh.

Same. What a letdown. CoD4R wasn't a good remaster, especially considering how stingy activision is. And I already have The Witness via Humble Bundle, so I'll have that even if I cancel my subscription. Really wished "removing PS3/Vita" didn't equate to "we're going to give you less because we know you're already too invested to do anything about it".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TuVictus

Hard to imagine PS+ used to have the whole "instant game library" thing and now it's just two games a month.

TuVictus

Octane

@Ralizah Less games, but they are highly rated. The only problem with offering less is that there's a fat chance you already own one or two of them. That's why I think the free games are stupid; if there's a game I'm interested in, I probably own it already anyway.

Octane

RR529

Freed my second dragon today in God of War.

Took me quite a few tries (I even had to leave for a bit to upgrade my weapons and armor before coming back, and still had to use a resurrection stone), but I managed it. I've been doing side stuff around the Lake of Nine ever since the water level dropped the second time, and there have been some tough enemies!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic