Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,201 to 11,220 of 16,083

Octane

I'm not even going to bother with a site that throws a dozen pop-ups at me as soon as I click on the link. That's not the reason why I clicked on your site, I don't want to see that nonsense. Fishing through the ads to get the information you wanted, no thank you.

Octane

Octane

@WebHead But I assume they're also expanding, so I don't think it'll affect them like some sites are suggesting it will.

Octane

CanisWolfred

WebHead wrote:

really though I do not just want third person cinalematic mature games.

Yeah, same. Those "smaller games" were the only things adding diversity to their first-party line-up this gen. Hopefully they understand that and makes sure that what they're putting out differs from one game to the next obvious ways. I mean, their games have been good, but there's such thing as having too much of a good thing. And considering the never-ending parade of 3rd-person action games they've put out since 2013...I really don't think that'd hold the PS5 up the way it has with the PS4. Especially if Microsoft doesn't screw the pooch next gen, and Nintendo keeps up the momentum they've had with the Switch. They really need to try hard to make sure their next console won't feel like a PS4.75 Pro XL....

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NEStalgia

No idea who Jim Ryan is, but that sounds bleak....

NEStalgia

RR529

So, are your saves automatically downloaded to the cloud when you have PS+, or do you have to do so manually?

I'm thinking about moving the PS4 to the main TV, but I'd like to remove Senran Kagura: Estival Versus from the system beforehand (it's a decent enough game, but just a bit embarrassing, lol), but at the same time I don't want to lose my progress in case I ever want to download it again (I'm going to finish the game before I do this though. I only have some of the "Shinobi Girls Heart" side missions & the final story mission left).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WebHead

@CanisWolfred out of the announced sony games coming up in interested in Concrete Genie, MediEvil and to a lesser extent The Last Of Us Part 2.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CanisWolfred

@WebHead I forgot about Medievel. That's....actually the only one I can think of that I'm looking forward to, but I just got Spider-Man, so I'll be busy for a while anyways. I could care less about Concrete Genie, but only because its story sets off my cynic alarm. Seriously, I don't even know what the gameplay's like, off the top of my head, I was too overwhelmed by the taste of bile in my mouth when I realized it was another phony teenage escapist fantasy that I was sick of reading/watching when I was a teenager. I mean, it's probably not as bad as Life is Strange, since it's more of a setup to a potentially interesting game, rather than encompassing the entire game. Still, I'm already baised against it because of my allergic reaction to that setup, so I'm probably just gonna focus my attention elsewhere.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@RR529 You know saves aren't deleted with the application, right? Outside of someone manually deleting the data or hard drive failure, you wouldn't have a problem anyway. Anyway, cloud saves routinely update, but I like to keep them as updated as possible anyway.

Also obligatory:

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

@CanisWolfred, @Ralizah, thanks! Good to know.

P.S., that ad was pretty funny, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

Is Days Gone the next big PS4 exclusive then?

Boy am I not at all excited for that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Dezzy wrote:

Boy am I not at all excited for that.

That's been my reaction to most of the PS4's big exclusives. And it's @Octane's reaction to pretty much every Switch game that's not Pikmin 4.

Edited on by Ralizah

redd214

@Dezzy yeah it looks like a pretty run of the mill, by the numbers open world game. None of the big upcoming exclusives excite me either. Ghosts looks pretty but not too compelling yet, the original LoU was a snoozer for me so will be skipping the sequel, and who the heck even knows what Death Stranding is besides a series of acid trips lol. Dreams looks interesting but seems like something my kids would enjoy much more than me. They hit it out of the park with the last few so it seems natural to me.

redd214

Octane

The recent Days Gone trailers looked a lot better than last year's stuff. I don't expect it to blow me away, but I like survival games. It's the video game's equivalent of comfort food; or at least I hope it will be. I just hope it's as polished as other Sony published titles, because the early gameplay demos were a bit janky.

@Ralizah Link's Awakening is fine too

Octane

Ralizah

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/18/anthem-review/

This Anthem review is pretty damning.

"Here we have a triple-A game that’s clearly been put together by talented people, yet it feels like it’s been designed by a board room full of grey-skinned men in £2,000 suits."

lol

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

@Dezzy yeah it looks like a pretty run of the mill,

Ironically the first trailer involved literally running through a mill. A wood mill, I think.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy haha didn't even think about that while typing it but you're right. Guess I have ascended in my dad joke status, I'm doing it subconsciously lol!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic