Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,061 to 11,080 of 16,083

Anti-Matter

Nobody wants to answer my question about Earthlock on PS4 version...

Anti-Matter

Sadist

Best thing about REmake 2;

“Oh lol one zombie, whatcha going to do?” You shoot their feet away and they become helpless.

At a certain point I got surrounded though. That was not funny. Four hungry zombies out for some Claire-kebab is never good.

Sadist

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

The physical versions of games update just like the digital version does, if that's what you meant. If it's a free update, it will just download automatically.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

Just figured I'd ask: Is anyone interested in playing the Anthem demo? Either the pre-order-only one that's out now or the public demo on Feb 1st?

I'm a sucker for Free stuff, and shiny things, so I wound up pre-ordering it on Gamestop so I could get into the VIP demo. Lord knows if I'll actually get in, though, I was a pretty late to the party (I seriously didn't see anything about this demo until just a few hours ago, and Amazon doesn't even have the game available for pre-order right now. Gamestop says I might get the email code I need within 2 days...into a 3-day online demo. <_<). But either way, I figured I'd ask in case anyone else wanted to join in. Apparently if I do get in, I can invite up to 3 people on my friends list to join in. I figure it'll keep me busy while I wait for KH3.

....especially since the COD live demo didn't work out, and Hex didn't work out, and TERA didn't work out, and Guild Wars 2 didn't work out, and it turns out I couldn't run IronSight, and I'm still kind of sick of Warframe...at this point, if Anthem fails to grab me, even for just the few days that this demo lasts, I might very well have to reevaluate my position on online-focused games.

EDIT: After about an hour and a half of waiting, I gave up on my Gamestop order, pre-oredered through Best Buy because I remembered they exist, got my email in less than an hour (watched Voltron on Netflix while I waited), and downloaded it already. Still no email from Gamestop. I didn't even cancel it...because I can't. I gotta call up Gamestop customer service, it seems. Lesson of the day: don't pre-order anything through Gamestop's aging dinosaur of a website.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WebHead

I really hope in March or whatever we get a sony first party showcase or a direct like video. I acceot ps5 isnt coming this year but please give us something to talk about until they are ready to show their next console.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

NEStalgia

Sooooo I just got an email from GameStop that my PS4 KH3 limited edition order was cancelled.....for no reason with no explanation.......I was excited for that all month. Of course that means there's zero chance of getting one ever, now.

Which also means I guess I'll have to just order a plain old vanilla PS4 Pro again for the beeper....at full price....I was waiting explicitly for this one.....

I. Want. To. Punch. Something. Right. Now.

Update: Oh, a second email:
"Due to an unforeseen issue, we will be unable to fulfill your order #######. We will be canceling your order and you will not be charged. For this inconvenience, we will be sending you a $25 Coupon Code for your next GameStop.com order:"

Thanks, guys. Really helpful. I'm so very fudging glad you let me sit on the order for a month waiting for it before cancelling it a week before I was supposed to have it. I feel like a very valued customer. I can't wait to repeat this shopping experience soon!

I wonder what the scalpers are charging for this? Part of me is half tempted to pay scalper fees. Or just pay gamestop for a "refurbished" in a year the same amount they were supposed to charge for a new one....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia There's an official reason now, Gamestop oversold on preorders.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano an utter joke. This may be the last thing i ever order at gs. I try to give them a chance, i really try. How does it take them 5 weeks from taking preorders a week before shipment to figure out they oversold? This should have been known on December 15.

$25 is better than nothing but it's not enough to remove the taint on the brand for such extreme incompetence. They were the exclusive store. It's not like they got run over by Amazon and Walmart purchasing power. The whole inventory was theirs.

Cs is spinning it as Sonys fault for shorting shipment and they claim they're working with the vendor to try to get more and will notify the cancelled users first to order again. Which is bs, they cancelled the orders, they're not going to be contacting users of already cancelled orders to reorder. And even if they do, the wouldn't give me a straight answer that the cart will lock out others from ordering.... So they notify those users, one posts it on Twitter, and they're sold out in 5 min again. Not that se and Sony's planning to deliver more. They'd have delivered more from the start of that were the case.

@thanosrexxx yeah, I'm tempted to go to the store to drag someone over the counter anyway....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Haha, couldn't blame you if you... wait, what?? What the hell am I doing HERE?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX lol, oops! (Kehkeh, that bait worked! )

Seriously though, this isn't all on GS, though they're infamous for doing exactly this. Sony owns this too along with Squeenix. I may actually start sharing some of your hate for Sony after this. You don't take the most popular console, bundle a limited collectable edition with a game people have waited a decade for, and have it tied to freaking Disney and freaking Frozen and make a rumored 30,000 for Earth.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@WebHead awesome, I'll make sure to play that on my kh3 ps4 pr... Oh... Wait....

@redd214 arm, leg, or spleen?

NEStalgia

RR529

Everyone in my party is now in the 80's (DQXI), so I should be able to handle most anything in post game at this point.

I'm now in the middle of completing the quests I need to do in order to rebuild Cobblestone. Just beat Malicious Arachnagon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NEStalgia

@redd214 you know, you could charge $1k for that thing? The JP imports are going for $800, but yours is a rare beast and quicker availability.... Heck in 2 weeks you could go well over $1k i bet.

Normally I'd grit my teeth at the scalpers... But in this case I'm not even mad. That's clearly what Sony wanted to happen. They went out of their way to make this excessively limited compared to demand and gave it to the least reliable retailer around.

I'm waiting for someone to make this bad press for Disney. Iger would probably buy GameStop just to shut it down and it wouldn't even cost his lunch money.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia and that's exactly what I plan on doing

I would probably be considered one of the hated "scalpers" people rag about on here all the time but it's no bother to me. Many times there's a limited edition console/game/bundle I tend to scoop it up to see what the market will pay for it. Doing so has funded my personal gaming for almost a decade now. Don't even want to tell you how much someone payed for the 500 million LE pro I sold, would make you sick lol

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 lol, racing rigs gotta come from somewhere....

Nah you're not the worst scalpers if you buy one and fence it . The people that manipulate ordering to buy multiples are the real problem (no doubt gs employees are doing this as they get first pick.)

I do blame Sony and se first, but I'm betting GameStop 76 took to many orders to try to force Sony to make more than they alocated and played chicken to the wire before it backfired. GS is done now though. Preorders were their core business, and becoming known as unreliable to preorder from will annihilate consumer confidence in their core business. I'm betting they're gone by Christmas. This is too high profile and will hurt the. more later than now. Apparently CSRs report they cancelled several THOUSAND preorders. That's over 1.5m in sales lost for gs/Sony/squeenix.... Minimum.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

Between mounting technical issues and generally dull, stock-standard gameplay (honestly, this plays similar enough to Mass Effect: Andromeda that I'd rather just play that)...Anthem is nowhere near engaging enough to hold me through the weekend. They have less than a week to get this ready for the open beta, and I'm not sure they can make it. Not to mention the game launches in less than a month...this could another disaster. Really feeling bad for Bioware and their employees at this point...

I mean, without the technical issues, the game would be serviceable, and being a demo, it's possible there's aspects missing that would make it more engaging. When it worked, I had a lot more fun than when I tried vanilla Destiny...but that was a low bar, and even that series seems to have come a long way, going off of fan impressions/videos/streams. The real question is will EA give them time to get it into a good state, or will they pull the plug if it underperforms? Because I'm not gonna lie: I did not see any hype for this game before the demo came out. A few people from my Warframe clan were interested (the guys who play every loot game that comes their way to the point where I genuinely had to ask where they get all this free time), but that was it. I've never been Bioware's biggest fan....really, I just liked Mass Effect, since it was a story-rich 3rd person shooter with tolerable levels of RPG mechanics taking place in a vast universe begging to be explored. But Goddamnit, you don't see a perfect mixture of talent like that every day! I guinely hope it doesn't bomb to the point where they have to dissolve the studio.

...Or if they do...I really hope they can at least get together as a new startup studio to their hand at something EA would never let them do.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sadist

Man Resi 2 is good. So good.

Sadist

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic