Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,961 to 10,980 of 12,100

redd214

MASSIVE holiday sale in US ps store. 1200+ items discounted. Haven't looked at everything yet but there's some good deals to be had!

redd214

NEStalgia

@Cobalt Yeah, import fees wouldn't be fun on that one!

@redd214 Thanks! For now the RDR2 bundles are the best deal, but I already have RDR2. Though I'd be tempted just because you guys said the RDR2 bundles may include newer revisions that run a little cooler....and mine sure does burn hot....

Wow....I think I have all the new exclusives (I think so, anyway...) , but that sounds like a great chance to dig into some of the Classics back catalog etc. A lot of the older Ys, and Tales games and such have been on my radar, but are so overpriced digitally normally. I have Berseria, but never got Zesteria (criticism and all) and it's still a $50 game!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@redd214 I was tempted by a refurbished Pro they list at Best Buy.....real retailer and all.....but...I find it concerning they have no reviews yet and it shows pictures of the Slim....not exactly a product they're putting a lot of thought into

Plus I've heard of "refurb" XB Elite controllers that were completely defective from them....so I'm otherwise hesitant.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia I have read that the new revision of the PS4 Pro (7200 RDR2) is fine but not so much better than the last revision. Some people still complain it has coil whine and fast running fans.

This is what we have to endure to play the best Exclusives

Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras I have this dream that one day Sony will wake up and figure out how to make electronics that look like they had actual engineers working on it rather than garage hobbyists in empty project boxes. The PSX was the last console they made that was well put together. The PS2 felt like this weird, thin, empty plastic box, and the Slim was even worse. PS3 phat was actually really nicely made, but the cooling solution was possibly the worst design ever. And after that it's been a downward spiral on physical build. Then they finally produce a console that has the sleekest, tightest, nicest build around....Vita....and they don't make any games for it.

At least I don't have coil whine.....but with the constant beeping I might not be able to tell....

Good to know that it's not all rosie with the RDR bundle, maybe I'll not bother looking for that newer build and just stick with whatever comes in (used again?) cheap. STILL tempted by the $350 Best Buy refurb but I'm still hesitant considering the pictures they show are all of the Slim, not the Pro which makes me wonder if these are just customer trade-ins barely looked over and flipped on the site rather than full on factory refurbs.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia I have posted this is the PS4 forums because one guy was asking if it is normal that his RDR2 PS4 Pro is loud. So I wrote this the following based only on my experience:

"The PS4 Pro is a little loud or have coil whine with PRO enhanced games. And to be more specific with PRO enhanced games with unlocked FPS.

My PS4 PRO is silent when I play NON-enhanced games like - Wolfenstein The New Order, Wolfenstein The Old Blood, Bloodborne and Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition.

However here are the cases then the PS4 Pro runs differently:

1. God of War - here the fans run little faster especially on the cut scenes. I play in resolution mode because then the game is locked at 30 fps and the fans do not run like crazy. You can see the difference when you go to the map menu and hear your fans run wild. Otherwise the games runs and plays nice in resolution mode. Unlock the framerate with performance mode at your own risk.

2. Spider-Man - the fans run wild only at cinematic scenes in the campaign mode. Otherwise everything else is nice since the game is locked at 30 fps.

3. Darksiders Warmastered edition - this is THE WORST optimised game for the PRO. It is enhanced and runs in 60 fps. It makes my Pro coil whine and in certain places the fans run so wild it is UGLY.

So there you have it. The only silent PS4 PRO's are the ones that play NON-ENHANCED games."

So my PRO is silent … when I play normal PS4 games. The PRO games are the ones that cause the confusion.

But I am with you. I want SONY to take caution in making the next console like MS did with the ONE X.

Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras "Buy a pro to not play Pro games" At least boost mode is worth it!

Yeah, sadly I don't think they'll learn. They've learned that bargain basement cutrate assemblage prints money. At least with the PS3 the launch edition was a slick machine that looked and felt fitting for the burgeoning new home theater market. It looked as good, or better, than BD players price higher. Nice and solid. Yeah the Slim was cheap in every way but I figured it was a late gen budget model so that's ok, but PS4 would be top quality when it arrived. Instead we got a launch PS4 that felt like the PS3 slim I fear the launch PS5 is this:

Untitled

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Jesus christ, this new NA sale...

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is $7.99
God of War III Remastered is $2.99
Shadow of the Colossus is $13.99
The Last Guardian is $10.99

and so on. For seemingly thousands of games. And a bunch of those are changing out on Week 2, apparently.

Been saying it before, I'll say it again: PSN sales are the new Steam sales.

Ralizah

RR529

Yeah, I still have a bit over $10 in my account after buying DQXI a few days ago, so I'll probably pick up something (heck, I'll probably add another $25 card because I have no impulse control, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

EvilLucario

@Ralizah God of War III is three bucks? Damn... I guess I'm getting that. Always had an interest in it. Hopefully I enjoy the combat.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ReaderRagfish

Ralizah wrote:

Been saying it before, I'll say it again: PSN sales are the new Steam sales.

That sounds dangerous. For wallets all over the world.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Well, there's one thing to be said for the older GoW games: Kratos' back doesn't take up half the screen in them.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Yeah I'm not too keen on the camera in God of War 2018 from what I'm seeing. I guess it makes throwing the axe feel more natural and more skill-based, but still I'm not a fan of it. I still need to give it a try though.

A camera like old God of War/Devil May Cry sounds more preferable to me tbh.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

PikPi

Two very different gameplay styles. I was also put off by GoW4's generic over the shoulder thing until I actually played it. Some of the best designed gameplay this year if not this generation/overall. Though of course if the gameplay isn't for you then yeah the camera would naturally be undesirable.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

RR529

The car chase in Yakuza Kiwami has been the most irritating from a gameplay perspective part of the game so far. While I admit it was pretty cool thematically, it was so difficult, especially without checkpoints. I managed to get through it after it offered to lower the difficulty, which I felt bad about at first, but luckily it only seemed to lower the difficulty of that specific segment & not the game as a whole.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Cobalt

Something is telling me that Sony is liquidating the PS4's stocks because PS5 is coming in 2019...

179€ the PS4 and 279€ the PS4 Pro...

Untitled

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

@Cobalt
Why are you so enthusiast with PS5 that we still have NO idea what it looks like and the specs ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter It'll be a step up regardless, and he's a fan of Sony's consoles and games.

Plenty of people are the same way with new Nintendo consoles. People were excited about "NX" for a long time before we knew anything about it.

Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic