Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 16,073

shingi_70

PS4 annoucments have been pretty good of late.

Dead Nation Apoclyspe on March 4th
Trails Fusion on April 16th
The Swaper in May

Sony has been doing a good job if keeping the PS4 relevant in between big releases.

Double evlen is teasing a port they're working on for PS4/Vita. People are suspecting puppeteer but I'm going with into the nexus.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Better not be Puppeteer.

Also...did anyone actually like Dead Nation?

It sold incredibly well on PS3 before PS+ was a thing, and I saw a lot of people pretty miffed at the fact that Resogun wasn't Dead Nation 2.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Better not be Puppeteer.

Also...did anyone actually like Dead Nation?

It sold incredibly well on PS3 before PS+ was a thing, and I saw a lot of people pretty miffed at the fact that Resogun wasn't Dead Nation 2.

WAT!

shingi_70

Cell Damage is coming to PS4/PS3/Vita is soon.
Untitled

Pavilion

Forma.8
Untitled

PS4 is gabbing all the indes.

WAT!

Gamer83

When I dropped $400 on a PS4 I was hoping Cel Damage would be given the HD treatment...

Gamer83

kkslider5552000

Gamer83 wrote:

When I dropped $400 on a PS4 I was hoping Cel Damage would be given the HD treatment...

To be fair...still more relevant than Thief! Ha!

; )

; )))))))

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gamer83

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

To be fair...still more relevant than Thief! Ha!

; )

; )))))))

Whatever you say.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Fez is coming out March 25th.

WAT!

shingi_70

Untitled

Apparently drive club is coming out in August according to a leak. Been rumored for a while now to come as a pack in with the PS4 VR Head set.

Wonder what it means for GT6 which was rumored to be ported to OS4 that Tims this year.

WAT!

Gamer83

Nine months after it was originally supposed to come out so they can pack it in with a useless add on. Unfrickinbelievable. I can say this much, if there is another home console cycle after this one I will not be buying a PS5 until a year and a half to two years in. Assuming MS doesn't have 3 or 4 huge exclusives lined up for the end of the year I can say if this gen has taught me one thing it's to never buy consoles near launch again. Launches are always slow but none have ever been as bad as what the Wii U endured or what the PS4 and X1 are going through. Delays left and right, in this case for an absolutely moronic reason, and companies thinking that last-gen ports are perfectly acceptable. Terrible. The 3DS destroys these home consoles, all of the big 3 should be completely embarrassed. The good news for Nintendo is since it had a year headstart at least it can finally get its sh*t together before the other two. 2015 better be a lot more impressive than this to make up for it. With the amount of studios Sony has anything less than 5 blockbuster first party exclusives is absolutely inexcusable given what 2014 is delivering.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

Other than the Wii I only about two games between the PS4 and Xbone have actually been delayed. Everything that was already known like murder soul suspect were delayed to come to this gen.

WAT!

Jaz007

@Gamer83 DriveClub was probably delayed mainly to make it a better game, if it was delayed to advertise the virtual reality, then it was probably a more minor delay. We are also getting at least 3 first-party blockbusters this year from Sony this year. We don't know if third-partys are bringing any next-gen games this year either. I don't understand what is so horrible about this year, Sony still might have more announcements for this year too. Just chill for a bit while you play Second Son. You are getting way too worked up over this. I honestly don't understand what you were expecting to get from a system at launch.

Jaz007

shingi_70

Lyeah enough content is coming out between AAA third parties and indie titles.

WAT!

Gamer83

Enough content if you're ok with last-gen ports I guess. I like indie games but they should be stop gaps not the star players in the lineup. So that takes me to the question of what I was expecting... Better than this, that's for sure. I've bought plenty of systems at launch so I know it's slow, but this is ridiculous. Nintendo got crushed by people, and rightly so, for the Wii U's poor first-year lineup outside of Super Mario 3D World, but at least it got a game in its biggest franchise out in year one. What's Sony's big holiday game going to be? Either a port of The Last of Us or an Uncharted collection (we really need another). Maybe if Sony is 'generous' we'll get both, it is just ports after all, shouldn't be that hard to get 'em on a new, more powerful console especially when the Uncharted Collection has already been done on PS3. Of course the excuse all over the internet is 'well a lot of people didn't play these games on PS3,' and the best part about this whole fiasco? If this were Nintendo the same people excusing this pitiful first-year first party PS4 lineup would be laughing at how bad it actually is. Outside of inFamous there is not one heavy-hitting first party game coming this year. MLB The Show? Niche and arriving late to the party, good job by a dev team that only makes baseball games. DriveClub? No hope for that one. The Order? Had potential but the more revealed about it the more mediocre it seems it will be. A cover shooter without online multiplayer? To be fair, Ready at Dawn has been primarily a handheld developer but still. There's also no Insomniac to help out this time, Sunset Overdrive would make the PS4 lineup look a lot better, and it's obvious Uncharted 4 will not be this year. So how do you fill the gap? Porting over a game that will be almost a year and half on the market when November rolls around. Sorry, that's pathetic and yes, again, I realize launches and first years are obviously not the time the system shines, but they've never been this bad. Not even Gamecube, one of my least favorite consoles ever, was this bad in year one because Nintendo had the sense to get a Smash Bros, Mario and Metroid game out in addition to signing Capcom up for RE Zero. You had the REmake, very early on, to hold things together post Smash Bros. All I can say is Sony better hope Sucker Punch delivers a much better game than either Killzone or Knack turned out to be and I'm not sure how confident it is in that because I've seen pretty much no advertising for inFamous: Second Son.

I know I'm coming off as very negative (and angry though I'm not as angry as people believe more just frustrated), but the fact is, there isn't much to be positive about with regards to this lineup. I saw somebody post it over at PushSquare and it was very apt... PS4: The expensive way to play old PS3 games.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Jaz007

Now you're just plain being pessimistic about things. Sony has shown you a game like the Order, but you just dismiss it. I honestly don't think Sony could convince you, because you just won't believe them. I don't think last-gen ports make that much of a difference with new games coming out either. Maybe I'm just used to less games because I can't really play M rated games.

Jaz007

Gamer83

And I think people are too quick to give Sony a free pass so I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Enough content if you're ok with last-gen ports I guess. I like indie games but they should be stop gaps not the star players in the lineup.

Well those days are over for the consoles. With it being easier to get games onto the three consoles platforms, were seeing the paradigm change to a more PC like. Hell there's like 3 digital games on my top five list from last year. Even Nintendo has seen this taking Wii Fit U and Wii Sports club DD at the outset. I mean look at a game like Bound by Flame which a gen or two ago would have been retail only.

[quote]So that takes me to the question of what I was expecting... Better than this, that's for sure. I've bought plenty of systems at launch so I know it's slow, but this is ridiculous. Nintendo got crushed by people, and rightly so, for the Wii U's poor first-year lineup outside of Super Mario 3D World, but at least it got a game in its biggest franchise out in year one.[quote]

That Big game didn't change the tied since it was a game in its bigIfst franchise. Look at last gen all three systems didn't get started until a big new IP came out (Wii Sports, Gears of War, and uncharted respectively) than the good old boys came to do some work.

Early in the generation is when the new or sparsely used IP should be used. Mario has kind of gone through franchise fatigue of the worst kind. All the games have been good to great but they kind have over saturated the market with his fat face. I think Wonderful 101 should have been the key fall title.

[quote]What's Sony's big holiday game going to be? Either a port of The Last of Us or an Uncharted collection (we really need another). Maybe if Sony is 'generous' we'll get both, it is just ports after all, shouldn't be that hard to get 'em on a new, more powerful console especially when the Uncharted Collection has already been done on PS3. Of course the excuse all over the internet is 'well a lot of people didn't play these games on PS3,' and the best part about this whole fiasco?If this were Nintendo the same people excusing this pitiful first-year first party PS4 lineup would be laughing at how bad it actually is. Outside of inFamous there is not one heavy-hitting first party game coming this year. MLB The Show? Niche and arriving late to the party, good job by a dev team that only makes baseball games. DriveClub? No hope for that one. The Order? Had potential but the more revealed about it the more mediocre it seems it will be. A cover shooter without online multiplayer? To be fair, Ready at Dawn has been primarily a handheld developer but still. There's also no Insomniac to help out this time, Sunset Overdrive would make the PS4 lineup look a lot better, and it's obvious Uncharted 4 will not be this year. So how do you fill the gap? Porting over a game that will be almost a year and half on the market when November rolls around. Sorry, that's pathetic and yes, again, I realize launches and first years are obviously not the time the system shines, but they've never been this bad.[quote]

The big game for the end of year is going to be the order. Keep in mind there could be games for the fall that won't be showed until E3. The PS4 has third party support so it isn't being hinged on one game to the point that Nintendo has to lean on Smash Bros. Its the advantage you have when you have the best selling system with the best version of games.

I somewhat agree with HD collections but not owning a PS3 I don't mind if I can play Uncharted and Last of Us later this year.

To your point about games

-Baseball is the second most popular sport in america hardly niche. Also the PS4 game is being delayed to have tangible improvement. Its much better than the minor improvement between Madden and FIFA copies. Plus cross save will probably get peeps to double or triple dip.

-The game is being done by evolution and the game had gotten favorable previews. I like the idea of an action racing game so I'm there for it. The delay sucks especially since it's probably going to be tied to that DOA VR project.

-Cover shooter doesn't need multiplayer if the developer doesn't want to make one. I could name a few cover shooters where I only play the single player.

Nah porting a highly acclismsed game at 1080p/60fps is a smart business move when one if the big selling points of this gen for better or worse has been resolution.

To your point about games that you could buy

January- Tomb Raider HD
February- Thief, Rayman Legends
March- Metal Gear ground Zeroes, Infamous Second Son
April- Final Fantasy XIV, amazing spiderman
May- MLB the show, Wolfenstien the new order
June- murdered soul suspect, Elder Scrolls Online
July
August - The evil Within
September- Destiny .
Rest of the year- a bunch of other stuff

[quote]Not even Gamecube, one of my least favorite consoles ever, was this bad in year one because Nintendo had the sense to get a Smash Bros, Mario and Metroid game out in addition to signing Capcom up for RE Zero. You had the REmake, very early on, to hold things together post Smash Bros. All I can say is Sony better hope Sucker Punch delivers a much better game than either Killzone or Knack turned out to be and I'm not sure how confident it is in that because I've seen pretty much no advertising for inFamous: Second Son.

I know I'm coming off as very negative (and angry though I'm not as angry as people believe more just frustrated), but the fact is, there isn't much to be positive about with regards to this lineup. I saw somebody post it over at PushSquare and it was very apt... PS4: The expensive way to play old PS3 games.[quote[

NAH I see where your coming from. A thing to think about was we saw a ton of games ported from the sixth to seventh generation . but we didn't make a big seal about it since the games were either digital only or happened in the middle of the generation rather the start as were seeing now

WAT!

Jaz007

Frankly, I've been enjoying my PS4's non AAA offering so far, and with Second Son coming, I've got some patience for the next big thing.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic