Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,661 to 10,680 of 11,475

Octane

@RR529 Hah, must've been a long time ago! It's pretty straight forward once you realise that the small platforming and climbing tutorial you do before the first boss is also used to defeat the boss itself. If you know you can climb them, it's pretty easy to figure out I think. I think the improved visuals also help to better indicate terrain and textures and it gives you a better idea of what is interactable and what isn't. Well, if you like TLG, it's worth considering

Octane

Zuljaras

Just got God of War with 58% discount. I played a little before with borrowed copy from my colleague but now I will play it ALL!

Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Your post fills me with determination.

Actually I can't get into Untertale. I tried it when it came to Switch. The graphics turn me off. I'm not a graphics snob but it's excessively crude to the point I don't enjoy looking at it, but most of all the battle system is obnoxious. I just couldn't drag myself through that longer when other good games started coming out But yeah I do like the themes and how that aspect works. If I could play through without the battles and/or bad facsimile of SMT demon negotiation I'd give it a run to completion

I don't know....the amusement park robots were so happy and friendly with their confetti and balloons, and even the tank was just in a party loop of confetti and balloons, and there's robot families enjoying the park. I can't go through and murder them all for exp. And I still can't help but think the game is presenting me that choice on purpose. I don't know if something comes of it later.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia If you think that situation is bad, hoooo boy, you're in for a fun time with a certain setpiece around mid-way through the first route. I HAD to fight, but I felt like absolute garbage afterward.

Have you stumbled across the robot peace parade side-quest yet?

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Hah, yeah, I didn't harm anyone in that place....I was badly underleveled for the boss, yet....I mean they even had dialog for not doing it....so it's a thing I'm not looking forward to that setpiece though. "Murder the innocents" just isn't right, and the game knows it's not right....I mean this is 2B, not Nathan Drake....

We'll see how bad it gets there then.

I don't think I stumbled on that, I jut got to the villiage, and the first legit side quests: "Jean-Paul" etc.

NEStalgia

Cobalt

I have a question for the fans here :

• What would you think if the PS5 will be available in March 2019 ? -

Cobalt

PikPi

Unless they had some sort of Zelda-caliber game to back it up until the rest of the games arrive, I imagine I wouldn't be interested. If nothing else the PS4 taught me that the good games come later. Until then I'm sure most games will also release on PS4 for the first year, regardless of when it releases.

PikPi

FragRed

@Cobalt I would think what the hell are Sony playing at!?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

NEStalgia

@Cobalt I'd think Sony lost the script, keep playing my X1X, and wait for the inevitable PS5 Pro in 2021/2022 that will be made to compete with Scarlett, and wonder why they're doing WiiU style interim consoles.

Seriously though after 3 revisions of PS4, and idle years before the big games came out, plus the fact that it took years for all the games announced the first two years to materialize, that when it comes to current consoles, it's best to wait until "mid-gen" when the actual correct model comes out, and all the games are half price every other month.

NEStalgia

Octane

What would you guys think if the PS5 comes out last year?

Octane

EvilLucario

Decided to not wait for Black Friday and just got the $200 PS4 bundle with Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn for $10. I might end up trying Spider-Man anyway despite me having absolutely no interest in the game.

I primarily bought the PS4 for Bloodborne since that's the only must-play for me. Maybe when the money and time is right, I'll be playing Kingdom Hearts and Persona 5. But Bloodborne was my killer-app that I needed to play.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

Absolutely loving Spyro. This is one of those near-perfect remasters. Just improve the graphics, do a few little quality of life tweaks, and then leave the gameplay identical.
Very similar to the Ocarina 3D remaster on the 3DS, which was also perfect.

The one thing that's aged weirdly (don't wanna say badly) about Spyro is that in the first game especially, it's just pure collectathon. There's no other real driving force to it. You wouldn't really find that nowadays. They'd feel the need to force some more narrative structure onto it.

Octane wrote:

What would you guys think if the PS5 comes out last year?

It would be the most boring use of a time machine ever?

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

ReaderRagfihs

@redd214 It doesn't look like I'm eligible either.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

RR529

My PS4 just arrived! Got the basic setup out of the way, and part of the PSN steps done, but I have to go to work soon so I better save the rest of it later (btw, I put it in it's sleep mode rather than turning it off, which I assume is okay?).

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

redd214

@RR529 Congrats! Yeah putting in Rest (sleep) Mode is no problem. Can download patches/updates while youre away so when you get back you're ready to game! Did you get the Spider-Man bundle?

redd214

Octane

@RR529 I believe it downloads updates and installs them when in sleep mode.

Anyway, I got my PSVR (@RR529 what was your question about again?). Setting it up was a bit of a hassle. There are a lot of cables, and my TV stand is a bit weird, so it took longer than necessary. It's a bit like putting IKEA furniture together, all the cables are neatly labeled, and it comes with an instruction booklet.

The image quality can be quite fuzzy/blurry at times, at least, compared to my 4K UHD TV. I know it's not a fair comparison, but it kinda shows that VR requires a lot of processing power. A game like Astro Bot doesn't look as crisp as a Mario Odyssey for example. Anyone expecting Nintendo to use the current Switch for VR needs to be checked, unless you're fine with playing N64 games in VR

Anyway, I've only tried Astro Bot so far, and I'm loving it. I'm close to the second boss. Collecting those little trophies with the crane mini-game is pretty addicting too. I've also got RIGS lined up, VR Worlds, and I want to check out The Playroom VR. Now I've got a PS Camera, I may as well check The Playroom, it's sat there on my home screen since forever, but I've never used it. I'm definitely going to download the free Last Guardian experience as well. And the Dreams beta is coming soon, so I expect I'll use it quite a lot in the near future.

Octane

RR529

@redd214, yeah, it's the Spider Man bundle. Haven't yet unwrapped the game, though.

@Octane, my guestion about the VR was more or less about how well it works with the original hardware. I've heard some reports that it's nigh unplayable unless you have a PRO, but that doesn't seem to be the case from your description.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

redd214

@RR529 Awesome I picked up a bundle as well, its a great game, sure youll enjoy it!

PSVR works fine on a base PS4. Of course you will get a boost with the Pro but its not necessary. Ive played on both the Slim and Pro back to back and its not a dramatic difference imo.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic