Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,661 to 10,680 of 11,947

Octane

What would you guys think if the PS5 comes out last year?

Octane

EvilLucario

Decided to not wait for Black Friday and just got the $200 PS4 bundle with Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn for $10. I might end up trying Spider-Man anyway despite me having absolutely no interest in the game.

I primarily bought the PS4 for Bloodborne since that's the only must-play for me. Maybe when the money and time is right, I'll be playing Kingdom Hearts and Persona 5. But Bloodborne was my killer-app that I needed to play.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

Absolutely loving Spyro. This is one of those near-perfect remasters. Just improve the graphics, do a few little quality of life tweaks, and then leave the gameplay identical.
Very similar to the Ocarina 3D remaster on the 3DS, which was also perfect.

The one thing that's aged weirdly (don't wanna say badly) about Spyro is that in the first game especially, it's just pure collectathon. There's no other real driving force to it. You wouldn't really find that nowadays. They'd feel the need to force some more narrative structure onto it.

Octane wrote:

What would you guys think if the PS5 comes out last year?

It would be the most boring use of a time machine ever?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ReaderRagfish

@redd214 It doesn't look like I'm eligible either.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

RR529

My PS4 just arrived! Got the basic setup out of the way, and part of the PSN steps done, but I have to go to work soon so I better save the rest of it later (btw, I put it in it's sleep mode rather than turning it off, which I assume is okay?).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

redd214

@RR529 Congrats! Yeah putting in Rest (sleep) Mode is no problem. Can download patches/updates while youre away so when you get back you're ready to game! Did you get the Spider-Man bundle?

redd214

Octane

@RR529 I believe it downloads updates and installs them when in sleep mode.

Anyway, I got my PSVR (@RR529 what was your question about again?). Setting it up was a bit of a hassle. There are a lot of cables, and my TV stand is a bit weird, so it took longer than necessary. It's a bit like putting IKEA furniture together, all the cables are neatly labeled, and it comes with an instruction booklet.

The image quality can be quite fuzzy/blurry at times, at least, compared to my 4K UHD TV. I know it's not a fair comparison, but it kinda shows that VR requires a lot of processing power. A game like Astro Bot doesn't look as crisp as a Mario Odyssey for example. Anyone expecting Nintendo to use the current Switch for VR needs to be checked, unless you're fine with playing N64 games in VR

Anyway, I've only tried Astro Bot so far, and I'm loving it. I'm close to the second boss. Collecting those little trophies with the crane mini-game is pretty addicting too. I've also got RIGS lined up, VR Worlds, and I want to check out The Playroom VR. Now I've got a PS Camera, I may as well check The Playroom, it's sat there on my home screen since forever, but I've never used it. I'm definitely going to download the free Last Guardian experience as well. And the Dreams beta is coming soon, so I expect I'll use it quite a lot in the near future.

Octane

RR529

@redd214, yeah, it's the Spider Man bundle. Haven't yet unwrapped the game, though.

@Octane, my guestion about the VR was more or less about how well it works with the original hardware. I've heard some reports that it's nigh unplayable unless you have a PRO, but that doesn't seem to be the case from your description.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

redd214

@RR529 Awesome I picked up a bundle as well, its a great game, sure youll enjoy it!

PSVR works fine on a base PS4. Of course you will get a boost with the Pro but its not necessary. Ive played on both the Slim and Pro back to back and its not a dramatic difference imo.

redd214

Octane

@RR529 Image quality is like a Wii U in in 720p, or maybe a little less than that. The actual in-game models in Astro Bot look really good, and it looks amazing on a TV as well. There's just a bit of VR blur, but you'll get used to it.

@redd214 Did you have issues with blurriness? It seems like everything is a bit too fuzzy for my liking, I'm not sure if that's just PSVR, or if that's an issue on my end. If you get really close to an object, it seems difficult to focus on it.

Octane

PikPi

I can confirm that the PSVR is fuzzy for me, too. Alot of the time small adjustments help but it's always at least sorta there.

PikPi

MattFox

@EvilLucario I did the exactly same thing. Bought the PS4 Spider Man bundle and Horizon Dawn. Later today I`ll get Persona 5 and Fallout 4 GOTY. I`ll be set AAA wise for a long time.

MattFox

Switch Friend Code: SW-5186-9440-8712 | My Nintendo: MattFox | Twitter:

Ralizah

@RR529 PS4, like most modern electronics, is designed to idle in a low-energy state. As has been said, it's also download updates and whatnot when left in rest mode. There's no reason to turn the system off.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@MattFox I'm looking into Persona 5 as well, but who knows. It is on my mind though, but I bought my PS4 pretty much just to play Bloodborne which I can't wait to play.

God of War 2018's camera system being like a third-person shooter with primarily melee combat turns me off hardcore though. I wish they would have used a camera and lock-on system like Bayonetta which can still keep the whole "no camera cuts" thing.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

@PikPi @redd214 Alright, good to know. I was wondering if there was a way to increase the image quality, but that's just the limit of VR on the PS4 I suppose. It doesn't really bother me, but it would be a shame if I played through Astro Bot with the knowledge that it could've looked better.

@redd214 And yeah, that article is from January this year, but I tagged Sammy in it and it seems like he put it back on the main page with all the PSVR bundles getting sold this week.

@EvilLucario If you play like I did, you're using your axe a lot, and that also means a lot of axe throwing, the low angle really helps with that, it just wouldn't be possible otherwise. Combat in general feels very close and intense because of it. I prefer it to the top-down style camera.

Octane

redd214

@Octane oh gotcha, didnt even notice the date on it. Popped over there after noticing your comment and just thought it was coincidence haha.

redd214

MattFox

@EvilLucario Bloodborne is on my list as well. God of War really intrigues me. I`ve read nice things about it, and the story itself seems pretty good, but I don`t know anything about the camera. Persona 5, on the other hand, I`m going in pretty much blind. I love Shin Megami Tensei, so I`ll give it a vote of confidence and play without reading too much about it first. I need something to play `till Shin Megami Tensei 5 arrives.

MattFox

Switch Friend Code: SW-5186-9440-8712 | My Nintendo: MattFox | Twitter:

RR529

Just started up Spider-Man (just played through the opening mission where you take down Wilson Fisk). I just can't get over how real & detailed everything looks! Maybe a bit too detailed, lol (seriously, at this point, I think it's just a bit too difficult to see your spider sense going off with how busy everything is in general). I'm sure I'll get used to it, but this level of detail is just so new to me.

Took me about 6-7 times to take down Fisk, BTW. Not sure how normal that is for the first boss, lol (playing on the middle difficulty).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic