Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,661 to 10,680 of 11,148

RR529

Ralizah wrote:

@RR529 Yeah, that's a really good deal. The system has a pretty good library. What's on your radar, game-wise?

Off the top of my head I can think of Dragon Quest XI, the Last Guardian, Nioh, the Yakuza series, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous Second Son, and Titanfall 2 amongst others for currently released fair. Kingdom Hearts 3, Ace Combat 7, and Ghosts of Tsushima for future releases (and I eventually want to get the VR setup as well).

Of course I highly doubt I'll get everything on my wishlist, especially since I'll be alternating between Switch & PS4 for purchases.

@Cobalt, thanks!

Edited on by RR529

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Dezzy

This is the sort of thing I find quite convincing:

That hand gesture by the doll is definitely a deliberate copy from Bloodborne. I bet it'll end up being a PS5 game though.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

PikPi

I want a sequel to happen just because of this know it all I'm acquainted with that seemed just so happy to smugly tell me that Shadows Die Twice wasn't bloodborne 2 (this was before e3) and that "they'll never make a sequel to it" because he had some sort of "insider knowledge". Would love to rub that in his face at some point.

PikPi

Zuljaras

Damn USA!!! Even if I got the Pro I would've picked up this amazing 199$ ps4 Slim.

USA almost every time get the best stuff!

I am JELLY!

Zuljaras

redd214

@Zuljaras just picked mine up!!

For whatever reason the didn't charge me sales tax at Gamestop either. Got it for even 199.99! Already have someone stopping buy to purchase spiderman since I already have it digital, good way to start a Sunday!

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

Octane

@RR529 You asked the about PSVR right? I'm very forgetful lol. I'm going to pick mine up on Tuesday.

The Last Guardian is one my favourite PS4 games. If you enjoy those kind of games, you should check out Shadow of the Colossus as well.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ralizah ahh i hadn't thought about manual reloads! Perfect! Some gamesi think if that instantly.... This one doesn't register that for me.

So far by that point there's only been 2 side quests and they were main story quests to do side quests. I just picked up the first legit side quest afterward.

As for killing everything....i don't know....i keep getting the sense the game is testing me. It points out non hostile targets to kill, and given the themes, i can't help but feel there's story reason to not be a murderous 'hole. Such as the friendly tank outside 9s kept insisting i destroy....
I chose to ignore it since it seems a narrative reason to do so. After doing it, 9s complained and 2b commented enough non hostiles being a waste of time (in that 2b way that implies she's thinking more than that.)

It's a problem. No exp, but lots of narrative reason to not kill a lot of things. Maybe the story doesn't reward you for that, but...... It's the kind of game i can't help but feel im not supposed to be doing that....i get the sense I'm not on the side of good here, and 2b seems the type to try to walk the line.... Thus it's testing me with non hostiles. Or I'm overthinking it. Either way.

NEStalgia

RR529

@Octane, yeah that was me.

I'll consider SotC, but I remember playing the demo (on PS2) and could never figure out how to beat the first Colossus, lol.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Tasuki

@RR529 If you are interested in the Yakuza series, Yakuza Kawami, a remake of the first one is free on PS+ this month. Even if you don't have your system yet you can get PS+ membership and starting adding free games via the PS App.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Have you played Undertale? You sound like the PERFECT type of gamer to fully appreciate its themes and deconstructive approach to the genre.

There are a few points in NieR: A where I tried to abstain from violence, but you kind of have to engage in it to move the game forward. Which actually does relate to themes it explores later, but still.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

BrainOfGrimlock

@NEStalgia I don’t think you’re overthinking it at all - maybe thinking about it more than some people do but sounds like you’re in a similar headspace as I was playing through it. It'll undoubtedly ask you more questions as you go through!

The game is all over the place, there are bits that absolutely do not stand up to closer scrutiny, yet somehow it all comes together beautifully and is - for me and many others - perhaps much greater than the sum of its parts!

Don’t sweat the chips/bosses/combat too much btw - there are a few frustrating bits throughout but before long you should be able to get a setup where you’re not worried nearly half as much. Not saying you can ever switch off and ‘press X/A to win’ but you can certainly power up!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Octane

@RR529 Hah, must've been a long time ago! It's pretty straight forward once you realise that the small platforming and climbing tutorial you do before the first boss is also used to defeat the boss itself. If you know you can climb them, it's pretty easy to figure out I think. I think the improved visuals also help to better indicate terrain and textures and it gives you a better idea of what is interactable and what isn't. Well, if you like TLG, it's worth considering

Octane

Zuljaras

Just got God of War with 58% discount. I played a little before with borrowed copy from my colleague but now I will play it ALL!

Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Your post fills me with determination.

Actually I can't get into Untertale. I tried it when it came to Switch. The graphics turn me off. I'm not a graphics snob but it's excessively crude to the point I don't enjoy looking at it, but most of all the battle system is obnoxious. I just couldn't drag myself through that longer when other good games started coming out But yeah I do like the themes and how that aspect works. If I could play through without the battles and/or bad facsimile of SMT demon negotiation I'd give it a run to completion

I don't know....the amusement park robots were so happy and friendly with their confetti and balloons, and even the tank was just in a party loop of confetti and balloons, and there's robot families enjoying the park. I can't go through and murder them all for exp. And I still can't help but think the game is presenting me that choice on purpose. I don't know if something comes of it later.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia If you think that situation is bad, hoooo boy, you're in for a fun time with a certain setpiece around mid-way through the first route. I HAD to fight, but I felt like absolute garbage afterward.

Have you stumbled across the robot peace parade side-quest yet?

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Hah, yeah, I didn't harm anyone in that place....I was badly underleveled for the boss, yet....I mean they even had dialog for not doing it....so it's a thing I'm not looking forward to that setpiece though. "Murder the innocents" just isn't right, and the game knows it's not right....I mean this is 2B, not Nathan Drake....

We'll see how bad it gets there then.

I don't think I stumbled on that, I jut got to the villiage, and the first legit side quests: "Jean-Paul" etc.

NEStalgia

Cobalt

I have a question for the fans here :

• What would you think if the PS5 will be available in March 2019 ? -

Cobalt

PikPi

Unless they had some sort of Zelda-caliber game to back it up until the rest of the games arrive, I imagine I wouldn't be interested. If nothing else the PS4 taught me that the good games come later. Until then I'm sure most games will also release on PS4 for the first year, regardless of when it releases.

PikPi

FragRed

@Cobalt I would think what the hell are Sony playing at!?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

NEStalgia

@Cobalt I'd think Sony lost the script, keep playing my X1X, and wait for the inevitable PS5 Pro in 2021/2022 that will be made to compete with Scarlett, and wonder why they're doing WiiU style interim consoles.

Seriously though after 3 revisions of PS4, and idle years before the big games came out, plus the fact that it took years for all the games announced the first two years to materialize, that when it comes to current consoles, it's best to wait until "mid-gen" when the actual correct model comes out, and all the games are half price every other month.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic