Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,641 to 10,660 of 16,082

Ralizah

@Octane I've heard Thumper is pretty cool in VR as well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

I really do hope VR takes off. I can't afford a PSVR right now, but if it's developed properly that could be a real killer app for future generations.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

Wait a new Far Cry announcement....FC5 isn't even a year old yet and they're churning out ANOTHER one? Wow, they're really content to run that into the ground aren't they? I can't think of a more boring thing than post-nuclear Fallou...err..Far Cry. What is it with apocalypses in gaming? Every game is a nuclear/zombie apocalypse now. Even a series once known for colorful tropical islands and exotic places now does Montana, and then post-nuclear? Maybe it's just DLC....that would make sense for DLC....

@MsJubilee To be fair, I do wonder if part of TLoU's success is down to being a late release on the PS3 after years of not really getting much in the way of major new exclusives (or so it felt like.) I think people were kind of champing at the bit for some big new something by that point. Of course once something enters the fandom as a hyped thing it is forever a hyped thing....

@redd214 I still haven't tried it in VR! I got it on your recommendation, but didn't try it yet. I still don't know where to put the camera after I rearranged the room....

@Ralizah 2018 was ok. God of Boi, Spiderman, Detroit, SotC were big releases. 2017 was constant output though. And 2019 has....errr......well.....if they find something they'll mail it to the E3 floor?

Yeah Thumper is pretty psychedelic in VR. It's easier, too

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

How Sony handles VR next gen is going to be interesting, they have the potential to turn it into something big or make it become a Kinect-like failure.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Not really interested in Dad of Boy. Spider-Man... I mean, it looks OK, but I'm not a huge Marvel fan. Detroit is one long series of interactive cutscenes, which means I can't chill out and just watch like I could with a normal cutscene.

The SotC remake is beautiful, and it's a great game, clunkiness aside. Great pricing, too. I can't make any snide remarks about that.

Tetris Effect looks really good, but I don't see the point in getting it without access to PSVR, which seems like THE way to play it. Maybe they'll bundle it with the headset and sell it for a really low price next Black Friday. If I'd had the money at the time, I would have jumped on that $199.99 Astro Bot and Moss bundle, actually.

Sony's 2018 output was 2Western4Me, unfortunately.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

How Sony handles VR next gen is going to be interesting, they have the potential to turn it into something big or make it become a Kinect-like failure.

Same goes for anyone doing anything with VR. It hasn't exactly taken off like people hoped but at the same time, it's got enough support so that it probably still could become a big deal.
It still needs its big new IP that sells the concept. Like imagine if Half-life 3 was announced to be a VR-only game. That might have the same kind of impact as Half-life 2 did in making Steam the dominant platform.
Also, price cut needed.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah God of Boi, I have to admit from the part I played is pretty good. Like a brawler, puzzle, platformer thingie. It's not ZOMG HYPE BEST GAME EVER REDEFINED SONY REINVENTS GAMING that the PS fanbase makes it out to be but it's a really really solid game. Spider-Man...I honestly don't give a hoot about Marvel, Spider-Man, or comic book superheroes at all. But I'm a big fan of Insomniac's game design. Mixing Arkham and Sunset Overdrive with a Spider-Man theme and Insomniac systems design sold me. They could rebrand it Larry the Garbage Man, I don't care, I'm in for the Insomniac gameplay. They're one of few developers who have never let me down once. I didn't pay attention to the game at all and wrote it off completely until this E3 when I realized they were making it.

Yeah, I keep forgetting Moss. I love that game. I've yet to play the full game since buying it (see camera location woes above) but I love that demo.

Tetris Effect......just watching the trailer terrifies me with the flashing backgrounds I should get it.

Hey, Yakuza 6 is not western! Ok, it's not Sony....but it's exclusive. Wait, maybe that was an RDR2 over-focus quip.

Still it wasn't western so much as just....comparatively thin. It's telling I've bought more JRPGs on XBox in the second half of the year than PS...... (And I'm not into anime-tied games since I don't watch the animes....Fist of the North Star, for example, doesn't exist to me.)

So much is made of how many exclusive the machine has, but after moving all my multiplats to 1X (or Switch where applicable), the remaining pile on PS does seem kind of shallow to me now. Sure it's a good 35 or more games or so, including Classics, and counting the individual constituents of KH complete, and that alone is way more games than the average game buyer, but it does seem kind of light considering the hype made up about it and how close that number ends up to WiiU....

Between the 35-45 (VR added in) on PS4, the myriad on Switch, and the 250 or so on X1......I keep wondering why I'm even interested in the next gen at all.....I have more games on current gen than I can play before I'm dead.... what am I going to do with the next box except keep playing the backlog I already have?

NEStalgia

Octane

@Dezzy €199 with a camera and two games is already pretty cheap I'd say.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Introducing PS5, where VR is an integral part of the core experience, will be part of every PS5 system sold, launching November 5, 2020, for just $799.99.

You heard it here first. I know people. They tell me things. They're talking to me right now.

@Dezzy Something tells me H-L is old-geek code at this point where most modern gamers would say "what's a half life (bro?)"

NEStalgia

redd214

Ehh God of War is the best game I've played in probably a decade. Well above BOTW and Horizon which I probably said the same thing about Dec 2017. Only played the first 2 games in the series and wasn't at all expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I don't think it redefined anything, outside of the one cut shot, but it's just so well put together in all aspects it didn't have to reinvent the wheel. Perhaps it's because I'm a dad of boys and really connected with the story, but outside of that, the combat, difficulty, upgrade system, dialougue, "cutscenes", sound design, visuals, everything was of just a very high quality and polish to me. I'm sure RDR2 will win a lot of GOTY awards but in my view it's not even close to being on the same level as GOW.

redd214

Octane

It's like Tropical Freeze. You don't have to redefine gaming to be the best game on the system.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I think Sony messing it up would cause bigger problems to the overall VR space than if one of the others messed up though. PSVR is the closest VR has gotten to the mainstream.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

@redd214 amen to that. God of War really was an amazing combination of extremely satisfying combat with an engaging story line. And no needlessly big open world for once haha

TuVictus

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

True. I'm a bit surprised how badly Occulus is doing given that it has the backing of facebook. They could surely pump enough money into it to make it succeed if they really wanted. Like by just selling it at a loss to get the price down.

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy €199 with a camera and two games is already pretty cheap I'd say.

Yeah that's quite good. I didn't know it had been reduced that much. I think it'll still need further to become mass market though.

Last time I had that much money to blow on something, I considered the PSVR but just got an Xbox instead.

diwdiws

@MsJubilee fair enough but you could probably also apply the same to some great games like Okami, zelda games like the twilight princess, BOTW, red dead redemption, gta 5, heck even dark souls will turn some people of in the beginning

diwdiws

Dezzy

@diwdiws
FF6 takes about 5 hours before it gets good.

Cobalt

@Dezzy said : "FF6 takes about 5 hours before it gets good."

Untitled

Cobalt

EvilLucario

Before you get Espers, FFVI is very limited and nothing special, and even after that you get a lot of broken crap.

FFVI does a lot of things right (namely the story and characters) but the gameplay isn't 100% of it. Espers were a good system, but the problem is that FFVI is simply an incredibly easy game to break without going out of your way.

It's still my favorite Final Fantasy, but FF in general is not one of those RPG series really like. I'd play Xeno or Chrono Trigger before Final Fantasy.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

diwdiws

@Dezzy hahaha i dont know. For me personally the opening part was great. Though i was a kid when i played it so... theres that.

diwdiws

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic