Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,621 to 10,640 of 16,083

NEStalgia

@Octane Apparently so. I do have to say that the other one in the house, I also bought used and is great. I've bought refurbs, but that's a little bit of a different thing but that works out well. I figured for a newish console it's not the worst thing in the world, and I've had good luck with used stuff in general but this incident does make me second guess that. Truthfully the tipoff was the Ebay tape and the abundance of packing peanuts. Who does that? And anything Ebay is a red flag to me Still out of 3 or 4 used consoles I bought, 1 was a lemon (excluding refurbs.) So I've done ok .

I also have to say that Playstation build quality overall always leaves me cautious even with new ones. Nothing feels dense or quality about a Pro. Nothing at all. PS3 phat was dense and nice but poorly thermally designed. All other Playstations from the 2 onward felt like they're made of recycled milk bottles and a hobby electronics kit.

NEStalgia

RR529

Anyone got any tips for fighting bosses in Yakuza Kiwami?

I generally have no problems with regular enemies, but I'm really sloppy against the bosses so things get really drawn out. I suck at dodging (while I can dodge, Kazuma always turns in the direction of the dodge, so I always miss my opportunity to attack), and I get hit so much that there's absolutely no way I'm ever in position to use a Heat special when the bosses are stunned. I always end up just slugging my way through the fight, with lots of healing items.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MsJubilee

After recently beating Arkane's Prey(fantastic game). I started on the Last Of Us, i gotta be honest. I'm extremely bored with this game. The characters are laughably terrible, the story is abysmal and Joel's backstory is generic. It's like they didn't even try with his backstory, especially his daughter. She was just used to pull your heart strings, but it didn't work cause they didn't even show anything to make you care about her. Except one cute scene with Joel and that was it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

EvilLucario

On the topic of cloud save data, it could always be a mistake. Dark Souls Remastered was said to not support it but it turned out to be bogus in the end.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario The eshop page still says it doesn't support cloud saves.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

diwdiws

@MsJubilee so you just started and you already have an opinion that the story is abysmal?

diwdiws

NEStalgia

@MsJubilee "If we add some girl-on-girl action, nobody will notice the bland characters" -Naughty Dog planning meeting, sometime in 2017

@EvilLucario Dark Souls Remastered doesn't support cloud saves. And it's annoying as heck and preventing me from investing much time in it, unfortunately. And the sad thing is it does support it on PS/XB/Steam. Why would Bandai just suddenly drop cloud saves on Switch only because they can?

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

TLoU2 is not at The Game Awards.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

Playstation: Greatness wuz here.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Anyone else playing Onrush? I'm mostly enjoying it so far. Very simple and arcadey racer with a focus on aggressive driving. As usual with fast racing games, though, I kind of suck at it, and crash constantly when I'm playing. With that said, unlike something like Fast RMX, the game doesn't punish you heavily for it, and just kind of throws you back into the race. I've won the majority of races I've played so far, even crashing a lot, although I imagine that'll change once I get further into the single-player campaign or when I go online.

All of the cars have different skills that subtly change how you'll play a given race, which adds an extra layer of depth to it, and there's a threadbare story mode that's still enough to keep me engaged for an hour or two at a time.

I mostly like the aesthetics of it. It's a very colorful game. The character models look pretty average, though, and the dubstep music it plays after you win a race is annoying. Also hate the replay that activates whenever someone trashes my car.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MsJubilee

@diwdiws First impressions are everything. And this game has left a bad generic taste in my mouth, but 10/10 though.

@NEStalgia Don't forget graphics. Gorgeous graphics will always blind these dudes when playing a Sony game.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TuVictus

Wonder how that'll be. I haven't touched Far Cry other than 4, but the only truly interesting/super fun parts of that game were the parts with Shangri-La for me. FCP didn't do much for me just with its concept and FC5 seemed like the boring parts of 4. I hope this one gets me hyped enough to get back into it.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@Ralizah Screenshots look pretty neat.

I bought myself a copy of the Wipeout Omega Collection, because it's VR compatible, and I quite enjoyed Wipeout back on the N64. My first Wipeout game in twenty years lol.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane It's fun enough. Not the sort of thing I'd usually play, but decent.

I'll probably play it a bit every morning until I beat the story mode.

Then I'll go online a few times, get utterly destroyed by people who are actually good at these sorts of games, delete it off my hard drive, and call it a day.

Edited on by Ralizah

redd214

@Octane you're in for a treat. Wipeout in VR was mind blowing for me. The sense of speed mixed with the colors and sounds is amazing. Did make me a bit squeamish on the higher speeds but it's a great showcase for PSVR nonetheless. The games themselves are great too!

redd214

Malcrash

I gotta say, being a Playstation fan ruled this year, aside from the cruel fate of the Playstation Classic

Malcrash

Twitter:

Ralizah

Eh. 2017 was amazing for PS4.

Very little this year caught my attention.

Octane

@redd214 I quite liked that ''mine cart'' level in Astro Bot, so I expect Wipeout will give me a similar feeling, but more extreme. I'm looking forward to it.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic