Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 10,561 to 10,580 of 11,785

Octane

@Zuljaras One year paid exclusivity.

I think it has hurt PUBG a lot. Especially now Fortnite has taken over on PS4 (and Switch), with no other alternative.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I was wrong about Octopath but MH World is a Game Awards GotY nominee:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Celeste
God of War
Spider-Man
Monster Hunter World
Red Dead Redemption 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Grumblevolcano hate to say I told ya so lol! Just kidding but all my predictions were right, may be a good time to play the lottery lol

redd214

Octane

That's not fair, I didn't know there were six lol. But yeah, pretty much as expected.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Gee, which one will win? The suspense is killing me.....said no one.

Still amazed MHW made it. I still suspect a lot of people bought in on that on hype without knowing what they were getting into. I wonder if a sequel will do quite as well. MH....even world....takes a special kind of player.

@Octane Fortnite was going to destroy PUBG no matter what. The right mix of Epic's talent, and a kid-bait art design guaranteed that.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Xenoblade 2 not being nominated for ANYTHING in The Game Awards 2018, instead opting for some safe as hell JRPG that also forgets why old JRPGs were so beloved (if you can't tell, Octopath Traveler). What a travesty.

It's not as bad as Dragon Age: Inquisition winning GotY over Bayonetta 2. No one talks about Dragon Age anymore, but Bayonetta 2 is still highly regarded as among the best of the best in action games. Who cares about BioWare and Dragon Age anymore?

PUBG also being nominated as GotY last despite being buggy to **** is stupid too.

**** The Game Awards. It's nothing but a hollow, flavor-of-the-week circlejerk and it has been since its inception.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

@EvilLucario wow such anger, lighten up its just video games

Anywho, that Gamestop trade in deal I mentioned last night is a bit tamed now it seems. They reduced the TIV by $15 so not as good of a deal as it was yesterday. Still going to give it a shot to see if they honor it.

redd214

Malcrash

People gettin mad about video games? More at 7.

Anywho, the new Spider Man DLC just showed off a costume that is just the Spider Armor from the Neversoft game and I kinda love it

Malcrash

Twitter:

Octane

@EvilLucario I think most outlets simply forgot about Xenoblade because it came out last year. I don't think they're supplied a list they can pick from. They have to send in their votes, and a top 4/5/6 list will be constructed based on the amounts of votes. I think it's simply an issue of being a 2017 game, so most outlets didn't think about nominating it.

Octane

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Pretty much the same as the Academy Awards, Emmy Awards, Grammy Awards, Cannes Film Festival. Let's face it, award shows are an industry gratification party to reward favored members. Always have been.

The seven eSports categories don't help my opinion. "Best moment"? Best coach? We're not even awarding the content or creators here, we're awarding players and organizers of players...or moments of play....huh?

The JRPG nominees are ok. NNK2, and DQXI are excellent and deserve it. Octopath is excellent and deserves it. MHW....since when is MHW a JRPG? Or an RPG at all? As a loot based game, I suppose it's kind of the Japanese Diablo, there's not much RPG really, it's mostly an action game. And I'm not sure how PoE2 made it in at all.

XC2 shouldn't be nominated this year, it released last year (Torna's an expansion pack so it's fair not to nominate it.) That said it is a travesty it wasn't nominated last year. Divinity being on the list ahead of it makes zero sense. Though against P5 and Nier it had no hope of winning either way.

I find it a real travesty it wasn't nominated last year for music though. I've never experienced a finer video game soundtrack except maybe Oblivion. I'm a sucker for Jeremy Soule scores. As much as a I adore XC2, it's deep, deep flaws would prevent me from ever voting it above NNK2 and DQXI. It would lose for sure. But versus PoE2 and MHW that shouldn't even be in that category to begin with, it would fare well It should have won best music though, hands down, no question. Octopath is a perfect runner up though.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Xenoblade 2 came out in December, a few days before TGA, after the nominees were voted on.

Octane

CanisWolfred

NEStalgia wrote:

@EvilLucario Pretty much the same as the Academy Awards, Emmy Awards, Grammy Awards, Cannes Film Festival. Let's face it, award shows are an industry gratification party to reward favored members. Always have been.

Which is why I always feel the need to ask: Why should we care? So we get to know who biggest the suck-ups in any given industry are?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Zuljaras

I voted for God of War. This is the only game that deserves Game of the year award. Spider-Man is the second best.

Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@Octane ahh, that's bad timing. Even for Oscars anything in that window is screwed the next year. Still, with torna, it should have easily reminded everyone. That said, xc overall it's actually very disliked in the wider world, so it's unsurprising. Music should have been guaranteed. Poe is mediocre, but Western critics hate jrpgs for some reason, so they went with that. Mhw isn't even in the right category. But still, xc just..... Isn't well regarded at large... It's a love it hate niche. It should have been nominated. Definitely shouldn't win though, much as i love it.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Octane nier and ffxv are arpgs. Nnk2 is an arpg. Diablo defined the arpg on pc. Mh..... i still struggle to call that an rpg at all. It's never really been an rpg, it's an action game with a crafting/looting system. There's more DMC than Diablo to it.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Monster Hunter isn't an RPG. There are no stats independent of your currently-equipped armor and weapons. It's an action game with a ton of depth to the combat and crafting mechanics.

Ralizah

redd214

Oh god not the whats an RPG debate again lol. Heres my 2 cents: NBA2k19 is technically an RPG too!!

redd214

Malcrash

Anything that has experience points and a level up system is automatically an RPG ;Y

Malcrash

Twitter:

EvilLucario

Pong is an RPG. You role-play as a paddle.

Basically, the RPG definition means ****-all, just like TGA.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic