Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,528

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,041. Posted:

What they showed of the Order gameplay-wise is embarrassing to every other aspect of the game imo. My complaints about the aesthetic aside, I get the excitement for Titanfall and to a lesser extent Destiny but the gameplay looks like the most boring cover shooter ever. I'm not necessarily saying that because it's a cover shooter but it doesn't even look like an interesting one. I hope that's more because they want to show better gameplay later and not the most accurate look at the game (kinda like Mario 3D World before they showed that it had a constant stream of interesting level ideas).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,042. Posted:

I don't think they showed enough of the gameplay yet for Order. The QTE options were a neat touch but the game looked too on-rails for my taste, but the only gameplay footage I recall was when gallahad(?) was shooting guys in an alley. otherwise everything looked good, just need to see mooore.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,043. Posted:

@kkslider5552000
I agree. The Order: 1886 is basically a cutscene interactive quick time event festival.

You might as well go watch that interactive Rabbids Invasion cartoon on Xbox One. The main difference is that there isn't blood and guns.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,044. Posted:

Any links to the Order gameplay. I've only seen the two trailers. To be honest as long as the story's and the gameplay is comptent i'm looking forward it. Not sure about the steampunk zombies that aren't zombies though.

@SCAR39

You say that with like five minutes of gameplay footage.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,045. Posted:

Strider came out today on the PSN, and I have to say I am having a blast with this game. Anyone else pick it up?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,046. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Any links to the Order gameplay. I've only seen the two trailers. To be honest as long as the story's and the gameplay is comptent i'm looking forward it. Not sure about the steampunk zombies that aren't zombies though.

@SCAR39

You say that with like five minutes of gameplay footage.

They couldn't show the hinted at new stuff? There's apparently a neat little thing where things changing depending on, I don't exactly remember what, but the QTEs basically are more dynamic and less forced cutscene gameplay than normal. But I didn't realize first time watching. I'm not saying they don't have it, but I'm at least saying they made the gameplay look less interesting than it could be. Like it didn't even look like particularly fun or interesting cover-based shooting. Also saw the completely true point that overuse grey and brown games have hurt my excitement of a game that is doing a grey and brown setting well. (see also: Metro Last Light)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,047. Posted:

Order is the game that has my attention the most right now. I really want to play it. Just hope it doesn't suck.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,048. Posted:

@shingi_70
It's not that hard to realize that most of the game will be like it was in that trailer. It's the same thing with that Knack demo. They let you play a level so you aren't completely oblivious.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,049. Posted:

If I'm somehow right (which even I kinda doubt), my immediate suggestion would be to get the art team to go to Respawn so that they can make Titanfall look as interesting as it plays. :p

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,050. Posted:

The new preview for Helldivers looks pretty awesome. I'm liking the massive co-op campaign. PS4 looks like a pretty decent buy from the release docket.

Outlast hit two week ago
Strider came out yesterday.
Theif comes out February 25th
Towerfall Acension March 11th
Putty Squad March 11th
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes March 18th
Infamous Second Son March 25th
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn April 14
Child of Light Apirl 30th
Wolfenstein: The New Order May 20
MLB The Show 14 May 2014
Elder Scrolls Online June 2014
Murdered Soul Suspect June 2014
The Evil Within August 29th
Destiny September 9th

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,051. Posted:

Oh you did not just put Putty Squad as a good example. (if I wanted to be mean, I could also say the new Thief and Wolfenstein)

though yeah, they've done a good job at getting a semi-consistent lineup here. Though I'm more grateful at the amount of games I don't have to actually buy a new console to get.

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,052. Posted:

You do know the point of The Order 1886 demo was to show there cutscenes are not rendered CG like most games? hence the interactions in the cuscenes. So I don't see how people can really comment on the gameplay because thay haven't really shown any gameplay yet, all thay've is how seemless there cutscenes are.

I also find them statements funny as Bayonetta2 will also have cutscenes, as Will other games:)

kkslider5552000
Don't tell me you got a Wii U for Spin The Bottle or NintendoLand and the likes. Also these consoles have only been out 3 months, just like another other console to date these consoles will not have a library of games I thought that was obvious myself.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,053. Posted:

Atlus and Zombie Studios' Daylight will be coming to a PlayStation 4 near you in 8th April, delivering its survival horror.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,054. Posted:

New trailer for Deep Down

WAT!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,055. Posted:

If you can't immediately respond in a civil manner, please wait until you can — or better yet, ignore them — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,056. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

You do know the point of The Order 1886 demo was to show there cutscenes are not rendered CG like most games? hence the interactions in the cuscenes. So I don't see how people can really comment on the gameplay because thay haven't really shown any gameplay yet, all thay've is how seemless there cutscenes are.

I also find them statements funny as Bayonetta2 will also have cutscenes, as Will other games:)

The problem for me, at least, is that alot of the gameplay is QTE or interactive cutscenes. No one is specifically criticising the cutscenes, but that there's an abundance of them over what people would consider "real" gameplay.

I would consider this in the same realm as those interactive DVDs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFy2U469z-A

It's not even going to be multiplayer. If it was, we'd probably be able to see if it compares to Gears of War, especially with weird weapons, but alas.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,057. Posted:

I think you'll find when more info is released the QTE will be contained to the cutscenes, there are QTE is some of the hand-to-hand combat much like PlatinumGames use in Bayonetta. But there are not like the QTE we known in them games, depending on what you do that combat scene will have a different outcome from person to person. But apart from that I think you'll find it'll be no different to say something like Bayonetta apart from what I've pointed out in that regard. This is the impression I get from the interview with the dev's that explain what the purpose of the demo is for, also them weapons have been made with only the materials from that time period. So the game is going to be a lot more authentic thay say something like GOW. And multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer with a game that has a focus on the single player campaign is not always a good idea, in fact it's a waste of resources that could have gone towards the main game.

The reason there was a big deal made over this is because it totally blurs line between cutscenes and actual gameplay, from that demo and what you think the game is shows thay done an amazing job.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,058. Posted:

@banacheck
It depends. The main focus looks to be cinematics and QTE, and not everybody cares for that. I realize that Bayonetta and plenty of other game use QTE. It just so happens that Sony has embraced that.

You're right about multiplayer not always being a good focus, but I'd say this was the game that should have had multiplayer. This game deserves multiplayer even more so than Uncharted, IMO.

I just think it's hypocritical that Sony can evade multiplayer criticism, but then Nintendo gets criticised for not having online multiplayer in Pikmin 3 or NSMB.U. It literally makes no sense.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,059. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

New trailer for Deep Down

Woa! at the Tall split in half monster with the spear arms at 0:40. The monsters of Silent Hill would even be jealous! :P That's some amazing creature design. creepy!

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,060. Posted:

@SCAR392
To me multiplayer is something like COD, I don't see co-op as multiplayer. I think game's like Mario 3D World suit co-op more than what some other game's do, I also agree that game's like Mario or Pikmin 3 don't need multiplayer so why thay get criticized for that like you said makes no sense.

banacheck