Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 16,083

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
I just tend to think of every generation as a fresh slate, so it wouldn't be fair to include PS3 as their catalogue for the 8th generation, especially without BC. Everybody criticised Wii U for not having online multiplayer in their games, and the lack of games. Now PS4 is out, and there's still hardly anything to play, but also the same criticism is now geared towards Sony. That's what makes the situation ironic.

Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin, Game & Wario, NSMB.U, Wii Party U, and such are all local multiplayer. Killzone, inFamous, and The Order don't have local multiplayer, and Killzone is the only game with online. Even without online, Nintendo delivered more games, then they have multiplayer on top of that.

Lastly, Sony paying indies for content can only last so long. There's alot of negatives on PS4 that PS fans aren't willing to address. It doesn't make alot of people look so nice or knowledgeable. No offense.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

banacheck

But the thing is the PS4 is only 3 months old, no console to date has had more games within the first few months. Sony has a lot of online games infamous has never been an online game, so why should it start now? The Order 1886 is also an offline game which if fine by me. I think you'll also notice there are a lot of online games releasing this year, not every game need online. The way your making it out sounds like the WiiU had Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin3, Game & Wario, NSMB.U, Wii Party U, 3 months after launch and not overa year later.

I think you'll find Sony doesn't need to pay for indie games outside exclusives, it's just far better platform that supports Indies unlike other platforms. Would you like links.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Squiggle55

There are plenty of things that Nintendo does well and does poorly, and the same could be said about Sony. But online infrastructure shouldn't even be up for debate. PSN and the entire online ecosystem of Sony is lightyears ahead of Nintendo, and as a Nintendo fan I find it much more productive to not let Nintendo continue to lag behind rather than try to find fault in Sony which isn't there.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

RancidVomit86

Why does this thread have to turn into this? Can't we just discuss the games coming to PS4?

Every system has online and offline games coming. Every system has bad and good games coming. This is just a fact of life.

Just one thread that doesn't turn into which manufacturer is better would be nice to see.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

Squiggle55 wrote:

as a Nintendo fan I find it much more productive to not let Nintendo continue to lag behind rather than try to find fault in Sony which isn't there.

I'm not debating the other part of your ppst, but saying that a fault that you don't think is there is kinda putting me under the bus. It's real criticism that Nintendo has received as well. I'm not specifically saying you were the one criticising Nintendo in this particular area, but it happened, and now Sony is kind of in the same situation.

People b****ed about no online multiplayer in Nintendo games, but now Sony has no local multiplayer in many of their games. I don't see how that's an irrelevant point when it clearly is. These last few messages that don't think anything of it makes it pretty apparent that some people are willing to give Sony the pass, but not Nintendo. It's hypocritical, or ironic.

@RancidVomit86
I agree. I was just merely repaying the criticism that Nintendo has received to another deserving party. No hard feelings. Carry on...

Multiplayer in The Order: 1886, FTW!

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

DualWielding

@SCAR392 I don't care about mutiplayer local or online, but its clear that independent of Sony's first party support the PS4 would get all major mulitplatform multiplayer oriented third party releases, in fact I prefer them to focus on single player since third parties seems to be all about online nowadays... However, we know most Multiplayer multiplatform titles won't hit the Wii U so if Nintendo want's to attract people who are onto multiplayer their first party efforts would need to pick the slack, specially if they want to use the fact that they offer free online multiplayer as a selling point

PSN: Fertheseeker

SCRAPPER392

@ferthepoet
There are online multiplayer 3rd party games for Wii U. People just need to buy them.

I wouldn't count 3rd party support out, either, because Nintendo, indies, and Ubisoft are basically the only companies pushing the console, and always were. Activision and EA may have put some ports out, but aside from the launch window, Wii U owners expect more, so the sales argument is unfounded, given they didn't support it as outright as Xbox One and PS4.

Given that Wii U can support Direct X11 equivalent graphics, Wii U is getting the short end of the stick, far more than any criticism has to offer.

Qwest

CanisWolfred

Lack of local multiplayer is a shame, but the fact is that nobody cares. The developers don't care - less work for them. The console makers don't care, because that just means people will pressure their friends into buying their consoles. The gamers mostly don't care because their gaming friends should have the same consoles they do, so they can play online anyways. It's not an issue. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

@CanisWolfred
Ya, but these games don't have online either, so... Just sayin'.

Also, I agree that it's not an issue, which is why it's interesting that people complained about Nintendo, but won't for Sony on the same "issues".

Qwest

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Ya, but these games don't have online either, so... Just sayin'.

Also, I agree that it's not an issue, which is why it's interesting that people complained about Nintendo, but won't for Sony on the same "issues".

Nobody complains about the lack of local multiplayer in Nintendo games. Unless you're saying Local Multiplayer = Online Multiplayer, in which case you should probably check yourself into the funny farm.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

@CanisWolfred
I'm saying that people complained about online multiplayer being absent in Wii U games, but now Sony isn't putting local OR online in some games, which means that that area of criticism was/is unwarranted.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
I'm saying that people complained about online multiplayer being absent in Wii U games, but now Sony isn't putting local OR online in some games, which means that that area of criticism was/is unwarranted.

...nevermind the funny farm, I think the Twilight Zone would be more appropriate at this point.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

...nevermind the funny farm, I think the Twilight Zone would be more appropriate at this point.

Sure.

Qwest

RancidVomit86

So the PS4 has some good looking games coming eh guys?

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

So the PS4 has some good looking games coming eh guys?

Sure, bro.

Qwest

banacheck

Guerrilla Games have confirmed that thay've been working on there new IP for the PlayStation 4 for over two & a half years, it has been rumored that thay've been working on a new RPG. I have a feeling with E3 coming up that we'll be getting more details soon, and may even see it for the first time at E3.

banacheck

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 The console has only been out 3 months so your complaints are coming across as nit picky at least to me and Infamous has never had multiplayer so why should it now.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic