Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 16,084

shingi_70

The new preview for Helldivers looks pretty awesome. I'm liking the massive co-op campaign. PS4 looks like a pretty decent buy from the release docket.

Outlast hit two week ago
Strider came out yesterday.
Theif comes out February 25th
Towerfall Acension March 11th
Putty Squad March 11th
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes March 18th
Infamous Second Son March 25th
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn April 14
Child of Light Apirl 30th
Wolfenstein: The New Order May 20
MLB The Show 14 May 2014
Elder Scrolls Online June 2014
Murdered Soul Suspect June 2014
The Evil Within August 29th
Destiny September 9th

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Oh you did not just put Putty Squad as a good example. (if I wanted to be mean, I could also say the new Thief and Wolfenstein)

though yeah, they've done a good job at getting a semi-consistent lineup here. Though I'm more grateful at the amount of games I don't have to actually buy a new console to get.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

banacheck

You do know the point of The Order 1886 demo was to show there cutscenes are not rendered CG like most games? hence the interactions in the cuscenes. So I don't see how people can really comment on the gameplay because thay haven't really shown any gameplay yet, all thay've is how seemless there cutscenes are.

I also find them statements funny as Bayonetta2 will also have cutscenes, as Will other games:)

kkslider5552000
Don't tell me you got a Wii U for Spin The Bottle or NintendoLand and the likes. Also these consoles have only been out 3 months, just like another other console to date these consoles will not have a library of games I thought that was obvious myself.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

banacheck

Atlus and Zombie Studios' Daylight will be coming to a PlayStation 4 near you in 8th April, delivering its survival horror.

banacheck

shingi_70

New trailer for Deep Down

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

kkslider5552000

If you can't immediately respond in a civil manner, please wait until you can — or better yet, ignore them — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

banacheck wrote:

You do know the point of The Order 1886 demo was to show there cutscenes are not rendered CG like most games? hence the interactions in the cuscenes. So I don't see how people can really comment on the gameplay because thay haven't really shown any gameplay yet, all thay've is how seemless there cutscenes are.

I also find them statements funny as Bayonetta2 will also have cutscenes, as Will other games:)

The problem for me, at least, is that alot of the gameplay is QTE or interactive cutscenes. No one is specifically criticising the cutscenes, but that there's an abundance of them over what people would consider "real" gameplay.

I would consider this in the same realm as those interactive DVDs.

It's not even going to be multiplayer. If it was, we'd probably be able to see if it compares to Gears of War, especially with weird weapons, but alas.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

banacheck

I think you'll find when more info is released the QTE will be contained to the cutscenes, there are QTE is some of the hand-to-hand combat much like PlatinumGames use in Bayonetta. But there are not like the QTE we known in them games, depending on what you do that combat scene will have a different outcome from person to person. But apart from that I think you'll find it'll be no different to say something like Bayonetta apart from what I've pointed out in that regard. This is the impression I get from the interview with the dev's that explain what the purpose of the demo is for, also them weapons have been made with only the materials from that time period. So the game is going to be a lot more authentic thay say something like GOW. And multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer with a game that has a focus on the single player campaign is not always a good idea, in fact it's a waste of resources that could have gone towards the main game.

The reason there was a big deal made over this is because it totally blurs line between cutscenes and actual gameplay, from that demo and what you think the game is shows thay done an amazing job.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

SCRAPPER392

@banacheck
It depends. The main focus looks to be cinematics and QTE, and not everybody cares for that. I realize that Bayonetta and plenty of other game use QTE. It just so happens that Sony has embraced that.

You're right about multiplayer not always being a good focus, but I'd say this was the game that should have had multiplayer. This game deserves multiplayer even more so than Uncharted, IMO.

I just think it's hypocritical that Sony can evade multiplayer criticism, but then Nintendo gets criticised for not having online multiplayer in Pikmin 3 or NSMB.U. It literally makes no sense.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

banacheck

@SCAR392
To me multiplayer is something like COD, I don't see co-op as multiplayer. I think game's like Mario 3D World suit co-op more than what some other game's do, I also agree that game's like Mario or Pikmin 3 don't need multiplayer so why thay get criticized for that like you said makes no sense.

banacheck

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@banacheck
It depends. The main focus looks to be cinematics and QTE, and not everybody cares for that. I realize that Bayonetta and plenty of other game use QTE. It just so happens that Sony has embraced that.

You're right about multiplayer not always being a good focus, but I'd say this was the game that should have had multiplayer. This game deserves multiplayer even more so than Uncharted, IMO.

I just think it's hypocritical that Sony can evade multiplayer criticism, but then Nintendo gets criticised for not having online multiplayer in Pikmin 3 or NSMB.U. It literally makes no sense.

I see what you are saying about the online multiplayer the problem is Sony will have plenty of 1st party PS4 games that will utilize PSN for competitive play whereas Nintendo have yet (to my knowledge) released a retail 1st party Wii U games that utilizes NN that is set to change with SSB4 and MK8 but whats coming after that, I don't want them to throw it into games like NSMBU and SM3DW but I think Pikmin 3 really could have been improved in terms of replay value with the option of on on/offline story mode coop and online mission coop as well as battle mode (so much fun).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
So does Nintendo not having online excuse Sony, or does Sony not having online excuse Nintendo? I know PS3 has alot of 1st party online games, but I think this just shows that they can't uphold a standard that most would think they had.

Qwest

shingi_70

Man Sony should have had more Japsese styled games ready for the PS4 launch. Should have gotten a PS4 port of Soul Scarfice Delta or something. We know they have games for that market coming, but the launch could have used something.

Also If I were Sony would pull out the money to get a PS4 port of Persona 5 and Zesteria.

WAT!

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
So does Nintendo not having online excuse Sony, or does Sony not having online excuse Nintendo? I know PS3 has alot of 1st party online games, but I think this just shows that they can't uphold a standard that most would think they had.

Can you elaborate because this post confuses me a lot.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94

I'm basically just wondering what allows Sony to get a pass on online multiplayer. Everybody says online is standard, so Nintendo has failed on delivering an online experience. Now Sony doesn't have online for The Order: 1886 or inFamous: Second Son.

Nintendo still has local multiplayer, while both of those games have neither. The same reasoning for Nintendo's games are now irrelevant to Sony? Even local co-op would have been "standard", so apparently Sony can't deliver the same features that Nintendo got criticised for lacking, and arguably less, because of no local multiplayer modes.

It's just like Wii U's library. Everybody criticised it, but now Microsoft and Sony are in the same position, so everybody shut their mouths.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94

I'm basically just wondering what allows Sony to get a pass on online multiplayer. Everybody says online is standard, so Nintendo has failed on delivering an online experience. Now Sony doesn't have online for The Order: 1886 or inFamous: Second Son.

Nintendo still has local multiplayer, while both of those games have neither. The same reasoning for Nintendo's games are now irrelevant to Sony? Even local co-op would have been "standard", so apparently Sony can't deliver the same features that Nintendo got criticised for lacking, and arguably less, because of no local multiplayer modes.

It's just like Wii U's library. Everybody criticised it, but now Microsoft and Sony are in the same position, so everybody shut their mouths.

The problem with your post is that you are picking little snippets to try to inflate the point you're making instead of looking at the situation in its entirety which would show Sony have consistently supported PSN with competitive games and will continue with Driveclub and Uncharted 4 and whatever else they have got planned.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
I am looking at the entire situation. Nintendo will have online games, Sony will have online games, and Nintendo has more local multiplayer games. The point is that people criticised aspects of Nintendo that are now relevant to PS4, because those aspects objectively meet or exceed the expectations of said critics.

Qwest

MAB

Untitled

@SCAR392 It's hard for PSBOX heads to see with all that egg over their faces

MAB

shingi_70

MAB wrote:

Untitled

@SCAR392 It's hard for PSBOX heads to see with all that egg over their faces

How so?

Sony making a game single ayer doesn't preclude the fact that the majority of there games have an online componet.

WAT!

micronean

I went to Akihabara today and yesterday (the day of the PS4 launch in Japan). It wasn't anywhere close to a sales frenzy like in the west. I'm kind of disappointed. I hung around both the Wii U and this, the PS4, launches here in Japan, but both have been deceptively quiet--though Wii U moreso.

PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo, this generation looks to be a very lengthy slow-burn...

micronean

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic