Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,021. Posted:

@Gamer83 nice list, hopefully Evil Within releases in Aptil from what I've seen of The Evil Within it looks good. Your into horror games like me Outlast is due out on the PS4 PS+ I think this week, it got a good review.

If your looking forwards too Diablo3/Reaper Souls on the PlayStation4 like me, here is some info I didn't know about so you might not the new features are also exclusive to the PlayStation4.

The PS4 version of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will get a few new features in addition to its spruced up 1080p visuals 60 fps, touchpad support and shorter load times.

As reported by Polygon, perhaps the most exciting new addition to the PS4 version is something called "Avenger Kills," a feature in which certain monsters can kill a player, level up, hop into their friend's game, then try to kill them too.

These monsters will spawn during special events where the skies darken and an announcement will tell the player that "[Insert friend's name here]'s Bane" has arrived. If you manage to defeat your friend's killer, both you and your friend it most recently slayed will get a piece of loot. If the monster kills you, it will level up further and find a friend of yours to hunt. Think of it like a sentient, demonic chain letter.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,022. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

I started on Don't Starve today. It was pretty good. It looks like it'll be the survival game I've been wanting. You try to stay alive till you die, and that's it. You have to worry about what goes bump in the night, tools, and food. Perfect foundation if you ask me. I look forward to playing it more.

I agree Don't Starve is a real good game, and has a lot of depth to it. I'm looking for Wes in adventure mode at the moment, that portal you find in the main game. Once I've found Wes I'll have unlocked all the playable characters, as each character has there own pro's & con's.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,023. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

@Gamer83 nice list, hopefully Evil Within releases in Aptil from what I've seen of The Evil Within it looks good. Your into horror games like me Outlast is due out on the PS4 PS+ I think this week, it got a good review.

If your looking forwards too Diablo3/Reaper Souls on the PlayStation4 like me, here is some info I didn't know about so you might not the new features are also exclusive to the PlayStation4.

The PS4 version of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will get a few new features in addition to its spruced up 1080p visuals 60 fps, touchpad support and shorter load times.

As reported by Polygon, perhaps the most exciting new addition to the PS4 version is something called "Avenger Kills," a feature in which certain monsters can kill a player, level up, hop into their friend's game, then try to kill them too.

These monsters will spawn during special events where the skies darken and an announcement will tell the player that "[Insert friend's name here]'s Bane" has arrived. If you manage to defeat your friend's killer, both you and your friend it most recently slayed will get a piece of loot. If the monster kills you, it will level up further and find a friend of yours to hunt. Think of it like a sentient, demonic chain letter.

I heard about that mode during Blizzcon last November, it sounds alot of fun. I have Diablo III on Xbox 360 but I think I might trade it in and get the PS4 version when it comes out.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,024. Posted:

PS4 version is supposed to have the new expansion sos there's that. Only console that will be hurting for content is the Wii U and that's only if indies don't get on their job.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,025. Posted:

Outlast is out today EU obviously US got it yesterday, really looking forwards to play this when the store updates.

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,026. Posted:

Where is MGSV people.

Also, FF13-3, so everything PS4 can wait.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,027. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Outlast is out today EU obviously US got it yesterday, really looking forwards to play this when the store updates.

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.

I got it downloading while my PS4 is on standby mode so that way it will be ready for me in the morning. :)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,028. Posted:

What I've played of Outlast is good, very good it's the only horror game to make me jump. it's a long time since a horror game has managed that, the sound effects are also very good. I'll comment properly once I've finished it, but liking it a lot so far.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,029. Posted:

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City developer Rocksteady Games could be preparing to reveal a new game next month, if a tweet from a Dutch games journalist are to be believed. [PS3Trophies.org]

Rumours have been going around Rocksteady have been working on a next-gen Batman, right after thay finished development on Arkham City.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,030. Posted:

Strider release's on the 18th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

The PS3 version also includes a download code for the original games, but i'm not sure if this is a pre-order thing.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,031. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Strider release's on the 18th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

The PS3 version also includes a download code for the original games, but i'm not sure if this is a pre-order thing.

Are the codes for the originals only a PS3 deal? If that's the case I need to reconsider which system to get this for.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,032. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Strider release's on th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

Are the codes for the originals only a PS3 deal? If that's the case I need to reconsider which system to get this for.

I think it is which I agree is a kick in the teeth for PS4 owners, even if thay gave the same deal or a timed discount.. I want the original games but I also want the PS4 version, so I've been the same.
A realm reborn beta starts on the PS4 the 22nd Feb, go into the PS4 PSN Store on the date to download.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,033. Posted:

Evolve is looking nuts both in gameplay & graphics wise, plus these dev's have made some good games.

Sorry the video wouldn't play for some reason so here is a link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNHw9VoXqsw&desktop_uri=%2Fw...

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,034. Posted:

Huh. The game looks cool, but I dunno, that aesthetic isn't doing anything for me.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,035. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Strider release's on th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

I think it is which I agree is a kick in the teeth for PS4 owners, even if thay gave the same deal or a timed discount.. I want the original games but I also want the PS4 version, so I've been the same.
A realm reborn beta starts on the PS4 the 22nd Feb, go into the PS4 PSN Store on the date to download.

Do you have a link to some information about how "the PS3 version also includes a download code for the original games?" I could not find that referenced anywhere. Thanks

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,036. Posted:

Bethesda has announced the release date for the Evil Within.

The survival horror title from Tango Gameworks and Shinja Mikami hits on August 26th in North America and August 29th in Europe, Bethesda has confirmed.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-12316-The-Evil-W...

It looks like Strider is a pre-order bonus for japan, dam sorry about that guys. The other website didn't say anything other than Strider comes with the originals games Strider 1 & 2.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/20/5125636/strider-reboot-will...

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Peach64

1,037. Posted:

Sony have just announced they've sold 5.3 million PS4s through to customers as of February 8th :o And they still have the Japanese launch to come this weekend. They seem to have a nice steady stream of games too with Infamous, Drive Club and Watch Dogs in the next few months. I really hope the success of these consoles kills off the cross gen thing sooner than expected, because the older consoles are just holding games back at this point.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,038. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

I really hope the success of these consoles kills off the cross gen thing sooner than expected, because the older consoles are just holding games back at this point.

Seems a little selfish, don't you think?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,039. Posted:

Not really. Basically what he's talking about are games being made for older games that don't really utilize the new machines' power for anything other than slightly prettier graphics, and tend to be held back by other technical issues as a result of the scattershot development. Once they start focusing on the new consoles specifically, the games themselves should turn out better.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,040. Posted:

I know this isn't directly PS4 related, but I got an email from Sony, and it's offering 200 bonus points if I sign up for Sony Rewards.

Is that anything like Club Nintendo, and is it a free service?

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)