Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 16,083

banacheck

Strider release's on the 18th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

The PS3 version also includes a download code for the original games, but i'm not sure if this is a pre-order thing.

banacheck

Gamer83

banacheck wrote:

Strider release's on the 18th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

The PS3 version also includes a download code for the original games, but i'm not sure if this is a pre-order thing.

Are the codes for the originals only a PS3 deal? If that's the case I need to reconsider which system to get this for.

Gamer83

banacheck

Gamer83 wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Strider release's on th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

Are the codes for the originals only a PS3 deal? If that's the case I need to reconsider which system to get this for.

I think it is which I agree is a kick in the teeth for PS4 owners, even if thay gave the same deal or a timed discount.. I want the original games but I also want the PS4 version, so I've been the same.
A realm reborn beta starts on the PS4 the 22nd Feb, go into the PS4 PSN Store on the date to download.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

kkslider5552000

Huh. The game looks cool, but I dunno, that aesthetic isn't doing anything for me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

banacheck wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Strider release's on th US & 19th EU on the PS4 1080p/60FPS & PS3 720p/30FPS. Strider includes two challenge modes in addition to the main story mode: Beacon Run is a slice-and-dice speedrunning challenge, and Survival mixes up harder and harder waves of enemies to defeat. Both modes feature leaderboards, as does the main campaign.

I think it is which I agree is a kick in the teeth for PS4 owners, even if thay gave the same deal or a timed discount.. I want the original games but I also want the PS4 version, so I've been the same.
A realm reborn beta starts on the PS4 the 22nd Feb, go into the PS4 PSN Store on the date to download.

Do you have a link to some information about how "the PS3 version also includes a download code for the original games?" I could not find that referenced anywhere. Thanks

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

banacheck

Bethesda has announced the release date for the Evil Within.

The survival horror title from Tango Gameworks and Shinja Mikami hits on August 26th in North America and August 29th in Europe, Bethesda has confirmed.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-12316-The-Evil-W...

It looks like Strider is a pre-order bonus for japan, dam sorry about that guys. The other website didn't say anything other than Strider comes with the originals games Strider 1 & 2.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/20/5125636/strider-reboot-will...

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Peach64

Sony have just announced they've sold 5.3 million PS4s through to customers as of February 8th And they still have the Japanese launch to come this weekend. They seem to have a nice steady stream of games too with Infamous, Drive Club and Watch Dogs in the next few months. I really hope the success of these consoles kills off the cross gen thing sooner than expected, because the older consoles are just holding games back at this point.

Peach64

Ryno

Peach64 wrote:

I really hope the success of these consoles kills off the cross gen thing sooner than expected, because the older consoles are just holding games back at this point.

Seems a little selfish, don't you think?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CanisWolfred

Not really. Basically what he's talking about are games being made for older games that don't really utilize the new machines' power for anything other than slightly prettier graphics, and tend to be held back by other technical issues as a result of the scattershot development. Once they start focusing on the new consoles specifically, the games themselves should turn out better.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I know this isn't directly PS4 related, but I got an email from Sony, and it's offering 200 bonus points if I sign up for Sony Rewards.

Is that anything like Club Nintendo, and is it a free service?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

What they showed of the Order gameplay-wise is embarrassing to every other aspect of the game imo. My complaints about the aesthetic aside, I get the excitement for Titanfall and to a lesser extent Destiny but the gameplay looks like the most boring cover shooter ever. I'm not necessarily saying that because it's a cover shooter but it doesn't even look like an interesting one. I hope that's more because they want to show better gameplay later and not the most accurate look at the game (kinda like Mario 3D World before they showed that it had a constant stream of interesting level ideas).

irken004

I don't think they showed enough of the gameplay yet for Order. The QTE options were a neat touch but the game looked too on-rails for my taste, but the only gameplay footage I recall was when gallahad(?) was shooting guys in an alley. otherwise everything looked good, just need to see mooore.

SCRAPPER392

@kkslider5552000
I agree. The Order: 1886 is basically a cutscene interactive quick time event festival.

You might as well go watch that interactive Rabbids Invasion cartoon on Xbox One. The main difference is that there isn't blood and guns.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Any links to the Order gameplay. I've only seen the two trailers. To be honest as long as the story's and the gameplay is comptent i'm looking forward it. Not sure about the steampunk zombies that aren't zombies though.

@SCAR39

You say that with like five minutes of gameplay footage.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Strider came out today on the PSN, and I have to say I am having a blast with this game. Anyone else pick it up?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

Any links to the Order gameplay. I've only seen the two trailers. To be honest as long as the story's and the gameplay is comptent i'm looking forward it. Not sure about the steampunk zombies that aren't zombies though.

@SCAR39

You say that with like five minutes of gameplay footage.

They couldn't show the hinted at new stuff? There's apparently a neat little thing where things changing depending on, I don't exactly remember what, but the QTEs basically are more dynamic and less forced cutscene gameplay than normal. But I didn't realize first time watching. I'm not saying they don't have it, but I'm at least saying they made the gameplay look less interesting than it could be. Like it didn't even look like particularly fun or interesting cover-based shooting. Also saw the completely true point that overuse grey and brown games have hurt my excitement of a game that is doing a grey and brown setting well. (see also: Metro Last Light)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

RancidVomit86

Order is the game that has my attention the most right now. I really want to play it. Just hope it doesn't suck.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
It's not that hard to realize that most of the game will be like it was in that trailer. It's the same thing with that Knack demo. They let you play a level so you aren't completely oblivious.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

If I'm somehow right (which even I kinda doubt), my immediate suggestion would be to get the art team to go to Respawn so that they can make Titanfall look as interesting as it plays.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic