Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,446

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,001. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Your kidding yourself if you think sales don't matter, it's one of the reasons why the Wii U was dropped by some companies. There is a lot of software coming out in 2014 and beyond that I don't see coming to the Wii U, so them people are right thay won't be able to play certain software on the Wii U and it's not just one or two games.

They don't, though. 3rd parties had already confirmed support for Xbox One and PS4, before they(Sony/Microsoft) even sold any consoles, so you can't cite sales as a reason for lack of 3rd party support.

@Peach64
Ya, that's why I'm saying that it depends on who's words you heed. I didn't think Wii U not selling as well as we expected it to, was because of a recession. Anyone who has a job can afford this stuff, IF they manage their money correctly.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,002. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Your kidding yourself if you think sales don't matter, it's one of the reasons why the Wii U was dropped by some companies. There is a lot of software coming out in 2014 and beyond that I don't see coming to the Wii U, so them people are right thay won't be able to play certain software on the Wii U and it's not just one or two games.

They don't, though. 3rd parties had already confirmed support for Xbox One and PS4, before they(Sony/Microsoft) even sold any consoles, so you can't cite sales as a reason for lack of 3rd party support.

It seems the strategy for most game companies is to do some initial support for any major gaming system and see where it goes from there tbh. I think Wii U got the short end of the stick more because of them were ports of games that had already been released (and thus were cheaper elsewhere) or the ME3 vs. an entire trilogy for the same price nonsense rather than not giving them games. I'm not here to say if that's a good idea or not in general...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,003. Posted:

@kkslider5552000
Exactly. 3rd parties didn't support Nintendo as strongly as Microsoft or Sony, at least when it comes to 8th generation software. There's definitely support for Wii U, just not what all the Xbox and PS fans think are relevant, right from the get go.

Not to mention that Xbox and PS are getting 7th gen ports, too, but you don't anyone taking shots at that, and that's after the fact that people criticised Nintendo for the exact same occurrence. Hypocrisy, at it's finest.

BF4, CoD Ghosts, 2K 14, Destiny, Tomb Raider, Watch_Dogs, AC4, etc. are all cross-gen games, so ya...

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,004. Posted:

I started on Don't Starve today. It was pretty good. It looks like it'll be the survival game I've been wanting. You try to stay alive till you die, and that's it. You have to worry about what goes bump in the night, tools, and food. Perfect foundation if you ask me. I look forward to playing it more.

Currently playing: Batman: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, 007 Blood Stone and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

Swiket

1,005. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Not to mention that Xbox and PS are getting 7th gen ports, too, but you don't anyone taking shots at that, and that's after the fact that people criticised Nintendo for the exact same occurrence. Hypocrisy, at it's finest.

BF4, CoD Ghosts, 2K 14, Destiny, Tomb Raider, Watch_Dogs, AC4, etc. are all cross-gen games, so ya...

Because except for Tomb Raider, they're mostly launching side-by-side on 7th and 8th gen and they're still "new". I'll play Battlefield on a PS4 because it's the hot new shooter, but why play ME3, Arkham City, or Most Wanted when I already played them months ago? Even all the touch-screen stuff in Deus Ex is possible with other devices. I don't really think of them as ports so much as just another platform for the game to be released on.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,006. Posted:

Damn, I'm having Deja Vu all over again...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,007. Posted:

@Swiket
Well ya. "Another system for the game to be on" is exactly the idea I would think is enough to get games onto Wii U. I consider all these consoles to still be in development, so I'm not drawing any conclusions.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,008. Posted:

Just beaten Knack, which was surprisingly good, not sure why the critics were pretty offended by it. If there was a sequel to improve on the game even more, it'd be great. I'll replay it to try getting all the gadgets and other Knack forms.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,009. Posted:

Man, the Playstation Store cannot load a trailer to save it's life, I honestly have no idea why. I have good internet, it can load it when it's in the welcome section, but the moment I ask to watch the trailer for real it can't do it.

Currently playing: Batman: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, 007 Blood Stone and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

sub12

1,010. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Just beaten Knack, which was surprisingly good, not sure why the critics were pretty offended by it. If there was a sequel to improve on the game even more, it'd be great. I'll replay it to try getting all the gadgets and other Knack forms.

I just completed Knack last week, solid title for sure, and like you, I don't understand all of the negative scores........although, it was nothing earth shattering, it was still a very entertaining, simple and fun platformer / beat em' up.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,011. Posted:

There is some big performance difference between the PS4 & XBOXONE when it comes to Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, PS4 1080p/60FPS, XBOXONE 1080p/30FPS that's half the frame rate.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,012. Posted:

I'll probably have a PS4 by my birthday. Man I'm gonna love having a PS4 probably. :)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,013. Posted:

So the Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks pretty good. I hope they brig back the realistic web-swinging from Spider-Man 2 though, I really have a hard time justifying Spider-Man's ability to web into the sky in some games. I have no idea why it's so hard to do, just make the web connect to something.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,014. Posted:

So what is everyone's top 5 next gen games? (Next-gen, not cross-gen.)
Here's mine.
1/2 Uncharted 4
1/2 inFamous
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Star Wars: Battlefront
5. Mirrior's Edge 2

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,015. Posted:

That we're looking forward to? I'll do ya one better:

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Transistor
3. inFamaous: Second Son
4. TitanFall
5. Kingdom Hearts III
6. Star Wars: Battlefront

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,016. Posted:

For the PS4 its

1.Infamous Second Son
2. Transistor
3. Helldivers
4.Final Fantasy XV
5. Everquest Next

For the Xbox a one its

1.Halo
2.Quantum Break
3.Final Fantasy XV
4. Fable Legends
5. D4

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

1,017. Posted:

sub12 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I just completed Knack last week, solid title for sure, and like you, I don't understand all of the negative scores........although, it was nothing earth shattering, it was still a very entertaining, simple and fun platformer / beat em' up.

I finally played Knack for the first time today and I don't understand all the hate too. The game won't be winning any Game Of The Year awards but I enjoyed it. It controls well, the graphics are nice and best of all, it's fun. Somewhat generic, but fun.

BinaryFragger

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,018. Posted:

What games are you getting in the next few months? Mine are Dark Souls 2 [PS3], Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 [PS3], Thief [PS4], infamous Second Son [PS4], Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [PS4] and Strider [PS4].

Also a new Far Cry game is being worked on, which could be Far Cry 4.
Source: PS3Trophies.org.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,019. Posted:

I traded in my broken PS3 today at GameStop, gonna see about buyig a new one soon. They had a 30% extra on trade-ins torwards Second Son, so I paid that off. So hyped for that game. First time I paid a game off ahead of time.

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,020. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

What games are you getting in the next few months? Mine are Dark Souls 2 [PS3], Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 [PS3], Thief [PS4], infamous Second Son [PS4], Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [PS4] and Strider [PS4].

Also a new Far Cry game is being worked on, which could be Far Cry 4.
Source: PS3Trophies.org.

Solid list. I'm getting Thief (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4), Strider (PS4), inFamous: Second Son (PS4) and MLB 14 The Show (PS4 and Vita) for sure. As of right now I'm seeing The Evil Within (PS4) is set for April. That might be too good to be true but that's another game I have pre-ordered and can't wait for.

Gamer83