Forums

Topic: The order 1886 will sell five million copies

Posts 21 to 28 of 28

MrGawain

I actually wondered if both the Order and Evolve were delayed not because of technical problems but for sales reasons. both games have had a bit of a critical bashing in some quarters, and I could have seen the getting lost in the Christmas rush against more favourably rated games. February is a lot more sparse and people are crying out for something...anything...new. The truth is after 16 months both the PS4 and the XB1 are still lacking in memorable, current gen worthy titles. I somehow doubt the Order 1886 will sell 5 million, but I can the pre-Order 59.99 going a long way to making it's money back.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

SuperWiiU

Ralizah wrote:

The Order: 1886 IS selling pretty well, though. It's the top game in the U.K. right now, actually, beating Evolve.

I'll grab it myself once retail copies go down in price or there is a good PSN sale.

Overall, it's beating COD: Advanced Warfare(+3% in sales this week) which kicked Evolve to third(Evolve sold 66% less this week). Now it's waiting for how far The Order will drop next week.

Faruko

So he went from 10-12 million to 5 million ?

lol

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CaviarMeths

Faruko wrote:

So he went from 10-12 million to 5 million ?

lol

Not quite. He says 5 million, or 10-12 if it gets a hardware bundle around Christmas. The wild part to take away from that is that he thinks The Order can sell 7 million hardware bundles in 2 months.

EDIT: Sleuths on GAF have deduced that The Order did around 30k in UK. That makes about 60k in UK and France combined. First week PAL as a whole is definitely under 250k, maybe even under 200k. That puts it about on par with Majora's Mask 3D launch. Note, you do not want your big new expensive AAA game to sell on par with a handheld port of a 15 year old game.

Hard to tell how it will do overall of course, because we still don't know what kind of legs it will have, and its "first week" was really just the weekend. Sales charts for week ending tomorrow should be pretty revealing.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

rallydefault

Hrmmm... Yea, I don't know. I do think it will sell millions no matter what, but maybe not 5 because of bad press. But I will be honest, it seems the people who ACTUALLY played the game don't hate it; it's just a tad short and not as epic as we were all.expecting.

rallydefault

unrandomsam

It is 30fps so bound to be not worth playing anyway. (It was known after that interview attempting to justify it by the people developing it).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Faruko

Well The Order is not even the Nº1 game this week in the UK, Dying Light (both versions separately) sold better than 1886 and it had almost the entire week

ded gaem

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CaviarMeths

It apparently had a second week drop of -56% though, which is pretty good. LTD sales in the UK are somewhere from 52-66k.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.