Forums

Topic: The order 1886 will sell five million copies

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

Justlink

I learned not to listen to Michael about videogames awhile back...

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

CaviarMeths

I think you made a mistake. I'm looking at your OP, but there's no comments or discussion prompt. Just a YouTube link.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

icecreamperson

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think you made a mistake. I'm looking at your OP, but there's no comments or discussion prompt. Just a YouTube link.

Fixed.

icecreamperson

Blast

I could never buy that much for a game I can beat in 2 days that was also full of QTEs doing it in a boring way. Bayonetta only does it right.

I'm not surprised that the game is gonna sell well cuz... You know....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

icecreamperson wrote:

The ps4 is a very popular system but the people who own the system are gamers. They look at reviews.

I wonder if these are the same gamers that pre-ordered and bought all of the DLC for Destiny, Watch_Dogs, and Unity.

At least The Order does what it says on the tin.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ricklongo

Has Pachter ever accurately predicted anything?

I don't doubt the game will sell well, though, which is sad but not surprising. I feel my interests drifting further and further away from the bulk of the game-playing population's.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Blast

Its more like... Most people just buy anything that's advertised well. I've seen The Order: 1886 commercials and they all overhype the game, praises its graphics but doesn't display any good scores at all.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

I could never buy that much for a game I can beat in 2 days that was also full of QTEs doing it in a boring way. Bayonetta only does it right.

The Order is a 3rd person cover shooter. Bayonetta is a character action game. Not really comparable. You should be comparing The Order to The Last of Us and Spec Ops: The Line (unfavorably) and Bayonetta to Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden (equally).

ricklongo wrote:

For free? Not really. This is his job though. His real analysis is hiding behind a pesky pay wall.

He didn't get famous by being wrong all the time. I think he just gets a kick out of getting people's panties in a bunch.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

The Order is a 3rd person cover shooter. Bayonetta is a character action game. Not really comparable. You should be comparing The Order to The Last of Us and Spec Ops: The Line (unfavorably) and Bayonetta to Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden (equally).

I see your point.t I was referring to the differemce in QTEs usage. Well... Mass Effect 3 does a better job of QTEs than the Order.

Master of the Hype Train

icecreamperson

CaviarMeths wrote:

icecreamperson wrote:

The ps4 is a very popular system but the people who own the system are gamers. They look at reviews.

I wonder if these are the same gamers that pre-ordered and bought all of the DLC for Destiny, Watch_Dogs, and Unity.

At least The Order does what it says on the tin.

Those games were one third party and two advertised much more than the order. Don't get me wrong, ps4 owners will purchase this game but I don't see it becoming a commercial success.The order's length was being slammed across message boards, even on twitter it was trending. I just don't think this game has nothing going for it.

icecreamperson

CaviarMeths

icecreamperson wrote:

I don't see it becoming a commercial success.

Without knowing how much the game cost, it's hard to know at what point it becomes profitable. Tomb Raider cost $100mil to make and started turning profit after 4 million games sold. I doubt The Order cost $100mil.

NintendoFan64

What's sad is I actually can see it becoming a success. Still...5 million copies? Go home, Patcher. Go home.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

icecreamperson

CaviarMeths wrote:

icecreamperson wrote:

I don't see it becoming a commercial success.

Without knowing how much the game cost, it's hard to know at what point it becomes profitable. Tomb Raider cost $100mil to make and started turning profit after 4 million games sold. I doubt The Order cost $100mil.

We'll have to wait and see.

icecreamperson

HollywoodHogan

ricklongo wrote:

He said the Wii U would sell like crap years ago, and he was right about that.

Friend to all SJW's

MsJubilee

MasterBlaster wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

He said the Wii U would sell like crap years ago, and he was right about that.

Ha!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

Its more like... Most people just buy anything that's advertised well. I've seen The Order: 1886 commercials and they all overhype the game, praises its graphics but doesn't display any good scores at all.

At the same time many are completely pooping on it without trying it, the game has several flaws but isn't a complete disaster as many make it out to be its just average.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Ralizah

The Order: 1886 IS selling pretty well, though. It's the top game in the U.K. right now, actually, beating Evolve.

I'll grab it myself once retail copies go down in price or there is a good PSN sale.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

sinalefa

If good reviews sold games, Bayonetta 2 would have like 2 million copies sold by now.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

CaviarMeths

Ralizah wrote:

The Order: 1886 IS selling pretty well, though. It's the top game in the U.K. right now, actually, beating Evolve.

I'll grab it myself once retail copies go down in price or there is a good PSN sale.

I don't know how much The Order sold in UK, but Evolve sold 24k copies, so that's really not saying much. By comparison, Evolve sold 28k in France and The Order sold 30k.

It was a very slow week. It's possible that The Order had a sub-250k launch week in PAL.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.