Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Next Xbox Getting Revealed May 21st.

Showing 61 to 80 of 91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Phatosaurus

61. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Requiring an internet connection to play games is going to be a disaster for Microsoft if they actually go through with it. There are large patches of the U.S. where it is difficult to get a consistent internet connection.

It's completely batshit on paper, but I'm willing to bet that there's enough retards out there that will just lap it up.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tertis

62. Posted:

I'm sure Microsoft won't make a 24/7 internet connection a necessity. They aren't retards, I'll bet plenty of cash that they saw the reactions to the rumors.

cough

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2607-4693 | Nintendo Network ID: TetrisDude335

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

63. Posted:

I don't care about exclusives, since barring a few here and therem none of them will appeal to me. That is, if this gen is any indication. Normally I love exclusives, but this gen there have only been a handful that I really enjoyed, and it's looking like that might be the case for next gen as well, if the PS4 is anything to go by.

I'm not interested in the next Xbox simply because I don't trust Microsoft to not make a bunch of decisions that I won't like, and I do trust that Microsoft will fail in the hardware design department once again, resulting in a console that's liable to break frequently.

But I'll probably watch it anyways, just in case I'm wrong, which I do hope I will be.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

64. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't care about exclusives, since barring a few here and therem none of them will appeal to me. That is, if this gen is any indication. Normally I love exclusives, but this gen there have only been a handful that I really enjoyed, and it's looking like that might be the case for next gen as well, if the PS4 is anything to go by.

I'm not interested in the next Xbox simply because I don't trust Microsoft to not make a bunch of decisions that I won't like, and I do trust that Microsoft will fail in the hardware design department once again, resulting in a console that's liable to break frequently.

But I'll probably watch it anyways, just in case I'm wrong, which I do hope I will be.

Funny thing: I got my 360 in early 2008, and it has had almost no problems at all. I've never had to send it in for any kind of maintenance.

When I read stories of people who are on their seventh 360, I really feel like I've dodged a bullet!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

65. Posted:

My body is ready...to laugh at u

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peach64

66. Posted:

Is a required internet connection really such a bad thing? I'm sorry, but I don't think I have ever played my 360 without it being online, and I do not live in a big city. Look how popular Steam is... how can you say that always online just isn't feasible when a service like that has been going strong for a decade.

@SCAR392 Eye Toy came out in 2003. Sing Star came out in 2004. Buzz! The Music Quiz came out in 2005. Sony was going after non-gamers well before the Wii. Here in the UK, they were getting them too. I remember going to parties with very non-gaming crowds and being surprised when the eye toy and the buzz controllers were brought out.

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

67. Posted:

That's what the kiddies call 'the good stuff' at parties nowadays ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

68. Posted:

lol. MadAussieBloke. :p
LordJumpMad has some Madddd competition in the trollin department.
Anyways, won't be touching anything XBOX related ever again, not even if Kinect 2 will beable to let you shoot virtual lasers out of your nipples.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RikuzeYre

69. Posted:

Peach 64 you lost all credibility with that. Just take a look at Diablo 3 lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2WZhJccOMs There's a multitude of reasons why its a bad idea for consumers. Lets not forget how your ISP bill is going to skyrocket, no product is "always online".
Anyway I guess everyone who loves Fifa in Europe is going to be disappointed half of them arent connected to the net XD.

Edited on by RikuzeYre

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peach64

70. Posted:

How is my ISP bill going to Skyrocket exactly? When my computer is on, it's always connected to the net. When my 360 is on, it's always connected to the net. When my Wii is on, its always connected to the net. When my 3DS is on, it's always connected to the net. When my phone is on, it's always connected to the net.

What do you guys do? Go into your settings and turn off the connection when you're not playing online or downloading something? Everything is always connected these days. I live in a tiny little town and I've had always on broadband for over 12 years. I watch all my TV and movies over the Internet, I buy most of my games through steam, I buy all my music and books via downloads. Heck, most of my phone calls are over the Internet. Why is everyone pretending we're not at an always connected stage already?

I ask again, is Steam a failure in any way? It's the saviour of PC gaming and it requires an Internet connection.

I have no plans to buy this console so have no need to defend it, but I can't stand seeing people making these ridiculous claims about how we're not ready for this.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlackSpy

71. Posted:

I really don't care about it, just want to see what it looks like or what it can do.

BlackSpy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

72. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't care about exclusives, since barring a few here and therem none of them will appeal to me. That is, if this gen is any indication. Normally I love exclusives, but this gen there have only been a handful that I really enjoyed, and it's looking like that might be the case for next gen as well, if the PS4 is anything to go by.

I'm not interested in the next Xbox simply because I don't trust Microsoft to not make a bunch of decisions that I won't like, and I do trust that Microsoft will fail in the hardware design department once again, resulting in a console that's liable to break frequently.

But I'll probably watch it anyways, just in case I'm wrong, which I do hope I will be.

To be fair the reason why the 360 had hardware problems in the first place was because they decided to rush it out to be a year early instead of launching with PS3/Wii. In hindsight it was a calculated risk that payed off and they handled the rrrod pretty well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

73. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't care about exclusives, since barring a few here and therem none of them will appeal to me. That is, if this gen is any indication. Normally I love exclusives, but this gen there have only been a handful that I really enjoyed, and it's looking like that might be the case for next gen as well, if the PS4 is anything to go by.

I'm not interested in the next Xbox simply because I don't trust Microsoft to not make a bunch of decisions that I won't like, and I do trust that Microsoft will fail in the hardware design department once again, resulting in a console that's liable to break frequently.

But I'll probably watch it anyways, just in case I'm wrong, which I do hope I will be.

Funny thing: I got my 360 in early 2008, and it has had almost no problems at all. I've never had to send it in for any kind of maintenance.

When I read stories of people who are on their seventh 360, I really feel like I've dodged a bullet!

I bought one of launch day(28 hours spent in line and my bottom was killing me) but it was 4 years later that I decided to sell it to get a newer slim model and my old one is still working fine. A friend of mine bought it and still uses it.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

74. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

How is my ISP bill going to Skyrocket exactly? When my computer is on, it's always connected to the net. When my 360 is on, it's always connected to the net. When my Wii is on, its always connected to the net. When my 3DS is on, it's always connected to the net. When my phone is on, it's always connected to the net.

What do you guys do? Go into your settings and turn off the connection when you're not playing online or downloading something? Everything is always connected these days. I live in a tiny little town and I've had always on broadband for over 12 years. I watch all my TV and movies over the Internet, I buy most of my games through steam, I buy all my music and books via downloads. Heck, most of my phone calls are over the Internet. Why is everyone pretending we're not at an always connected stage already?

I ask again, is Steam a failure in any way? It's the saviour of PC gaming and it requires an Internet connection.

I have no plans to buy this console so have no need to defend it, but I can't stand seeing people making these ridiculous claims about how we're not ready for this.

Well, since YOUR stuff is always connected to the internet, obviously that always holds true for everyone else as well. Nobody could POSSIBLY be living in an environment where they don't have access everywhere, 24/7, to speedy broadband internet.

People don't complain about Steam because it was started as a digital distribution service for PC gamers. There's an assumption there that people have at least some way of connecting to the net. Not so with consoles. For many people, without access to reliable internet, consoles and handhelds remain their way to comfortably play games. Heck, many people use their consoles for entertainment when they go other places where they know they won't be able to reliably access the internet.

And even Steam makes concessions for the fact that not everyone has access to stable, 24/7 internet. Oftentimes the only reason I'm able to use Steam when I visit home is because I can put it into offline mode and can continue to play my games even when the internet spends most of the day being inaccessible because we're unable to get anything other than a substandard satellite connection.

It'll be even worse if the system really has no disc drive, as some rumors have gone. Are you aware that millions of people have small download limits for their internet usage every month? Should we just say "to heck with those people" because YOU happen to live in a place where YOU have access to broadband internet?

If Microsoft goes this route, millions of people won't be able to purchase their system and play it regularly. I'm sure Sony and Nintendo will love it. It'll be the cheapest advertising for their own next-gen hardware that they've ever had.

In short, your comments have been the modern equivalent of "let them eat cake."

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

75. Posted:

I don't think it will be online only, that wouldn't make any sense, unless it has good cellular internet along with wi-fi. Even with 4G, you still shouldn't have to pay that to play. That's just speculation, though... Or maybe Xbox Live will include 4G service, so you're not paying for online AND 4G, but both at the same time.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RikuzeYre

76. Posted:

Honestly I dont see how people can justify paying for Xbox Live when everything is so bloody expensive.
Perhaps if you were born in the heat of summer you'd be somewhat more frugal with your funds.

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

77. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't care about exclusives, since barring a few here and therem none of them will appeal to me. That is, if this gen is any indication. Normally I love exclusives, but this gen there have only been a handful that I really enjoyed, and it's looking like that might be the case for next gen as well, if the PS4 is anything to go by.

I'm not interested in the next Xbox simply because I don't trust Microsoft to not make a bunch of decisions that I won't like, and I do trust that Microsoft will fail in the hardware design department once again, resulting in a console that's liable to break frequently.

But I'll probably watch it anyways, just in case I'm wrong, which I do hope I will be.

To be fair the reason why the 360 had hardware problems in the first place was because they decided to rush it out to be a year early instead of launching with PS3/Wii. In hindsight it was a calculated risk that payed off and they handled the rrrod pretty well.

Not in the long run. They permanantly burned a lot of customers, and it's gonna be really tough getting First day sales now, as far as I can tell.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

78. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't care about exclusives, since barring a few here and therem none of them will appeal to me. That is, if this gen is any indication. Normally I love exclusives, but this gen there have only been a handful that I really enjoyed, and it's looking like that might be the case for next gen as well, if the PS4 is anything to go by.

I'm not interested in the next Xbox simply because I don't trust Microsoft to not make a bunch of decisions that I won't like, and I do trust that Microsoft will fail in the hardware design department once again, resulting in a console that's liable to break frequently.

But I'll probably watch it anyways, just in case I'm wrong, which I do hope I will be.

To be fair the reason why the 360 had hardware problems in the first place was because they decided to rush it out to be a year early instead of launching with PS3/Wii. In hindsight it was a calculated risk that payed off and they handled the rrrod pretty well.

Not in the long run. They permanantly burned a lot of customers, and it's gonna be really tough getting First day sales now, as far as I can tell.

I remember the 2nd degree burns I got from my Xbox. Not very fun while you're trying to beat up Bane.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

79. Posted:

Geez, everyone doubts every console it seems. Wii U is not good enough. Xbox sounds crazy. PS4 isn't that great to me personally, and I've heard similar.
Honestly, I think Wii U is great, and Xbox will most likely be my next purchase as my powerful console.
The saying "too good to be true" is just as relevant as "too bad to be true".
I don't think Xbox would ever go online only unless they just put 4G receivers in home consoles which would require an Xbox Live subscription to be activated for both at home which has Wi-Fi, and the known possibility that there is no internet, but be included in the service at no extra cost.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

80. Posted:

I think the Wii U will be the most attractive next-gen machine once Nintendo gets the ball rolling on the first-party software, which will boost sales, which will attract more third-party developers. Really, they should have launched it with a proper 3D Mario game.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah