Forums

Topic: The Namco fan-thread (wakka wakka wakka yum yum!)

Posts 21 to 40 of 45

Burning_Spear

I'm a dinosaur around here. I played Pac-Man and Dig Dug when they first came out in the arcades. I played a little Galaga too, but I didn't really come to love it until I played it on the home consoles.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

JGMR

Mickeymac wrote:

Pacman meets Galaga?! What?!

Yes, you can shoot in Pac & Pal!

StarBoy91 wrote:

I don't get it =/
I respect everyone's opinions, especially yours, '90s Gamer, but what you got against Pac-Mania? It's isometric, it's colorful, and you can jump.

I know but i just never 'got into' that game for some unknown reason. Maybe later. Some things grow over time. Just like my love for the SEGA Megadrive/Genesis as a former Nintendo fanboy, haha!

With kind regards,

JGMR

CanisWolfred

StarBoy91 wrote:

It's isometric, it's colorful, and you can jump.

There's my problems right there. But doesn't Championship Edition DX have a Pac-Mania-style mode?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

StarBoy91

@MickeyMan - I'm not certain, I've never played Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

JGMR

Mickeymac wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

It's isometric, it's colorful, and you can jump.

There's my problems right there. But doesn't Championship Edition DX have a Pac-Mania-style mode?

In the CE you don't go from level to level, you remain on the same map that gets harder and harder
But there are more options available that includes different lay-outs of stages. Can't remember the names of these modes though...

With kind regards,

JGMR

CanisWolfred

90's Gamer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

It's isometric, it's colorful, and you can jump.

There's my problems right there. But doesn't Championship Edition DX have a Pac-Mania-style mode?

In the CE you don't go from level to level, you remain on the same map that gets harder and harder
But there are more options available that includes different lay-outs of stages. Can't remember the names of these modes though...

DX is a very different game. I didn't know if maybe one of you played it. Guess not.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

JGMR

Mickeymac wrote:

DX is a very different game. I didn't know if maybe one of you played it. Guess not.

I haven't played the DX edition. Wikipedia says...

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX builds upon the gameplay of Pac-Man Championship Edition

and there seems to be a new type of (sleeping) ghost that you can awake by moving over it.

With kind regards,

JGMR

Kingbuilder

I really like Namco. My favorite thing about them would be their fighting games with their amazing Tekken and Soul Calibur series. I also like their shoot 'em ups like Galaga, racing games like Ridge Racer, and of course their action-maze games like Dig-Dug, Toy Pop, and Pac-Man. Namco rawks! :3

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

JGMR

Rondowhip123 wrote:

The only thing I like about Namco is the "tales" or just Tales of the Abyss lol. I beat Tales of vesperia also and it turned out to be awful

That was one of the games i found painful to sell, i really liked that game! haha. But hey, that's my opinion, not a fact eh?

With kind regards,

JGMR

CanisWolfred

90's Gamer wrote:

Rondowhip123 wrote:

The only thing I like about Namco is the "tales" or just Tales of the Abyss lol. I beat Tales of vesperia also and it turned out to be awful

That was one of the games i found painful to sell, i really liked that game! haha. But hey, that's my opinion, not a fact eh?

I disliked Vesperia, to be honest. I think I'd like Tales of the Abyss, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

JGMR

Talking about the Tales series and not to be grumpy about releases though...
Why wasn't Tales of Symphonia (the first chapter) re-released on the Wii? They gave the sequel instead, WITHOUT giving it's newer audience a chance to experience the first chapter? Strange Namco, strange!

I made a statement on NL earlier, that developers should make the earlier titles in running series available to current audiences. Because there is a demand of the newer and previous audiences. But that's just my own statement. I really think that most developers are ignorant to their own audiences...

Tekken 5 for the Playstation 2 is an example of how things are done truly properly; they included Tekken 1, 2 and 3 on the disc...(not to mention Starblade as bonus!)

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

CanisWolfred

90's+Gamer wrote:

Why wasn't Tales of Symphonia (the first chapter) re-released on the Wii?

Because they were only selling Dawn of the New World to people who had played the first. Otherwise they would've released an all new game instead of a sequel.

90's+Gamer wrote:

I made a statement on NL earlier, that developers should make the earlier titles in running series available to current audiences. Because there is a demand of the newer and previous audiences. But that's just my own statement. I really think that most developers are ignorant to their own audiences...

Namco rereleases games all the time. Most of the Tales of Series is on the PSP, for example. They just don't always localize the rereleases they make.

90's+Gamer wrote:

Tekken 5 for the Playstation 2 is an example of how things are done truly properly; they included Tekken 1, 2 and 3 on the disc...(not to mention Starblade as bonus!)

That was a very good offer, yet no one would've bought them individually asside from old fans, and that's who they needed to buy Tekken 5, anyways. It was a way of bringing back their detractors.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CrazyOtto

I wonder what Pac-Man & Galaga 3DS is going to be...

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

SkullMan

IMHO ever since Namco Merged with Bandai they have been putting out crap.

Trekken games used to be my favorite and they ruined Tekken 6. It was god awful.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

CanisWolfred

SkullMan wrote:

IMHO ever since Namco Merged with Bandai they have been putting out crap.

Trekken games used to be my favorite and they ruined Tekken 6. It was god awful.

The new Ridge Racers aren't very good either, but that happened before the merger. Ace Combat 6 sucked, too, but I hear the PSP games are better. If you got any other examples, I'd love to hear them.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Oregano

SkullMan wrote:

IMHO ever since Namco Merged with Bandai they have been putting out crap.

Trekken games used to be my favorite and they ruined Tekken 6. It was god awful.

At least some good came out of the merger(Xenoblade)... well for Japan anyway.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Namco but I enjoy their JRPGs(I wish they did more and released more here though!) and some of their anime tie ins are brilliant. Soul Calibur has gone downhill though:(

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

CanisWolfred

Oregano wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

IMHO ever since Namco Merged with Bandai they have been putting out crap.

Trekken games used to be my favorite and they ruined Tekken 6. It was god awful.

At least some good came out of the merger(Xenoblade)... well for Japan anyway.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Namco but I enjoy their JRPGs(I wish they did more and released more here though!) and some of their anime tie ins are brilliant. Soul Calibur has gone downhill though:(

I like Summon Night and Super Robot Taisen, and even Digimon World. Can't remember if they ever made anything else, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Oregano

Mickeymac wrote:

I like Summon Night and Super Robot Taisen, and even Digimon World. Can't remember if they ever made anything else, though.

I assume you mean Anime game(and not RPGs?) in which case it's mostly the Bandai side but I think Namco does half of the Fullmetal Alchemist games and even though it's a Bandai license the awesome Monolith Dragon Ball Z Kai RPG counts too.

Digimon World was cool....

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

The new Ridge Racers aren't very good either, but that happened before the merger.

But.. but but....
[youtube:eaBUeINW_3s]

CanisWolfred

Oregano wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I like Summon Night and Super Robot Taisen, and even Digimon World. Can't remember if they ever made anything else, though.

I assume you mean Anime game(and not RPGs?) in which case it's mostly the Bandai side but I think Namco does half of the Fullmetal Alchemist games and even though it's a Bandai license the awesome Monolith Dragon Ball Z Kai RPG counts too.

Digimon World was cool....

If it's anything like the legacy of Goku games, I'd believe it's good. And Bandai Made Dual Sympathy, yes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic