Forums

Topic: The Last of Us Discussion

Posts 81 to 100 of 111

shingi_70

Aviator wrote:

Oh. My. God.

Seriously, people wonder why so many people were disapointed by what Nintendo offered at E3 and the Last of Us shows why.

The gameplay isn't that great, the stealth is okay.

What makes the game so amazing is the story, the interactions between Joel and Ellie. It's perfection.

I would rather not play any games for the rest of my life if it meant I could play this forever.

Isn't the gameplay and stealth broken on purpose? I thought the whole point was you aren't some uber trained Military dude and like in real life stealth never really works for the common man, especially in the type of world Joel and Ellie live in.

HOping the incharted 3 team are working on something more like Jak and Daxter.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Popcorn

Won't play until next Saturday.

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear

irken004

I can't seem to get past that clicker and runners in the downtown section, urgh. Much tougher than I thought.

banacheck

Sony_70 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Oh. My. God.

Seriously, people wonder why so many people were disapointed by what Nintendo offered at E3 and the Last of Us shows why.

The gameplay isn't that great, the stealth is okay.

What makes the game so amazing is the story, the interactions between Joel and Ellie. It's perfection.

I would rather not play any games for the rest of my life if it meant I could play this forever.

Isn't the gameplay and stealth broken on purpose? I thought the whole point was you aren't some uber trained Military dude and like in real life stealth never really works for the common man, especially in the type of world Joel and Ellie live in.

HOping the incharted 3 team are working on something more like Jak and Daxter.

The gameplay is very good and so is the stealth when you keep in mind not everyone is in the SAS.

banacheck

Aviator

irken004 wrote:

I can't seem to get past that clicker and runners in the downtown section, urgh. Much tougher than I thought.

Yeah they are tough. What I did was focus on the runners first, waiting for them to come to me so it was easier to strangle them.

Then take the clicker out last.

QUEEN OF SASS
In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

Splat

Yeah, the clickers don't mess around. I recommend getting the upgrade that let's you stab them with a shiv if the grab you. I also make molotov cocktail's any chance I get.

The game is just amazing. I love it...

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

irken004

Finally got past that part today, made it to Bill's place. It's a shame there aren't many achievements that pop up during the game, you pretty much have to upgrade all your weapons and play through the game numerous times to get most of the trophies.

Aviator

Well, Autosave in this game is crap.

Was past Bill's, now I'm before meeting Ellie.

Yay...

QUEEN OF SASS
In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

irken004

Aviator wrote:

Well, Autosave in this game is crap.

Was past Bill's, now I'm before meeting Ellie.

Yay...

Strange, Naughty Dog fixed the autosave bug earlier.

Aviator

Today was the first time I played it since launch. That's why.

QUEEN OF SASS
In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

Gamer83

Splat wrote:

Yeah, the clickers don't mess around. I recommend getting the upgrade that let's you stab them with a shiv if the grab you. I also make molotov cocktail's any chance I get.

The game is just amazing. I love it...

That's pretty much the strategy I've been using. I was very relieved when I was finally able to upgrade to use the Shiv against clickers. Molotovs generally work real well but another option for certain sections never hurts.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

banacheck

Yes like Splat said upgrade your shiv and cocktail's are very good against bloaters, i'm playing on hard so if clickers get you thay kill you straight away, don't know what thay are like on other difficulties. Them homemade grenades are good as you can place them on the ground so it acts like a mine by pressing R1.

banacheck

Aviator

Clickers are one hit no matter what difficulty.

QUEEN OF SASS
In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

Splat

I absolutely love Ellie. I think she has passed Elena Fisher (Uncharted) as my favorite Sony female character.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

banacheck

Splat wrote:

I absolutely love Ellie. I think she has passed Elena Fisher (Uncharted) as my favorite Sony female character.

Yes she is good i'm 17hours into the game, i will not spoil for you but you'll be happy for what happens later into the game.

For me The Last of Us so far is GOTY, unless GTAV or some other game tops TLOU.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Splat

banacheck wrote:

Splat wrote:

I absolutely love Ellie. I think she has passed Elena Fisher (Uncharted) as my favorite Sony female character.

Yes she is good i'm 17hours into the game, i will not spoil for you but you'll be happy for what happens later into the game.

I all ready know and it was amazing. It was my favorite part in the game.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Stryker89

I finished this game earlier. Absolutely incredible experience!

Current games: Splatoon, The Witcher 3
Upcoming: NX...

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

Gamer83

Just finished my first playthrough last night. I'll take about a week or so to think about it before I decide where I want to rank it for this gen, but as much as I liked Bioshock Infinite, this is easily my Game of the Year. GTA V will be great and Watch_Dogs just looks awesome but I honestly can't see either topping The Last of Us.

Gamer83

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic