Forums

Topic: The Last of Us Discussion

Posts 101 to 107 of 107

banacheck

dumedum wrote:

Playing it right now, I'm at 14% after just a bit of playing. So far I feel like I have done nothing except press Triangle from time to time, and of course I dislike the shooting bits because I find it inaccurate to aim with the analog stick. It seems I fall into the opinion that this is an interestingly executed story but dislike the gameplay. It is much more linear, almost "on rail" than I imagined. I also wanted to compare it to Zombi U, which I loved, but so far, except for the first 3 minutes, it is not horrifying nor is it about Zombies. Hoping I will end up really liking the game as it goes a long.

Then more you get into the game the more it open's up, it's also around 15-20 hours long.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Aviator

LordJumpMad wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Clickers are one hit no matter what difficulty.

Good shot to the head can kill them, but its not always easy.
The first thing I started upgrading was the gun control. That way you won't waste bullets when aiming for the head.
I recommend saving your shivs, you never know when you really need them.

I meant when they grab you. I could never get a one hit o a clicker with a handgun.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Peek-a-boo

irken004 wrote:

It's a shame there aren't many achievements that pop up during the game, you pretty much have to upgrade all your weapons and play through the game numerous times to get most of the trophies.

Oh no!

There's not enough trophies popping up!

WHAT IS THIS MONASTERY?!

... if anything, it is breath of fresh air NOT seeing achievements/trophies pinging every five minutes. It would spoil the game me thinks.

Peek-a-boo

irken004

Peek-a-boo wrote:

irken004 wrote:

It's a shame there aren't many achievements that pop up during the game, you pretty much have to upgrade all your weapons and play through the game numerous times to get most of the trophies.

Oh no!

There's not enough trophies popping up!

WHAT IS THIS MONASTERY?!

... if anything, it is breath of fresh air NOT seeing achievements/trophies pinging every five minutes. It would spoil the game me thinks.

Oh well good thing they updated the PS3 to turn off trophy notifications entirely.

But it sounds like you wouldn't know about that at all.

Peek-a-boo

Funnily enough, I do.

Turned the trophy notification off immediately after the firmware update was finished!

I find it strange to complain about the lack of trophies popping up in a very strong characterisation based game like The Last of Us ... Naughty Dog did the right thing and limited them as much as possible during everyone's first play through.

Peek-a-boo

PopetheRevXXVII

One hell of a Mario Prequel

That said I've been making the rounds saying The Last of US may have infected people (ZOMBIES) but it pans out like a good Western. like John Wayne's Classic the Searchers.

PopetheRevXXVII

dumedum

banacheck wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Playing it right now, I'm at 14% after just a bit of playing. So far I feel like I have done nothing except press Triangle from time to time, and of course I dislike the shooting bits because I find it inaccurate to aim with the analog stick. It seems I fall into the opinion that this is an interestingly executed story but dislike the gameplay. It is much more linear, almost "on rail" than I imagined. I also wanted to compare it to Zombi U, which I loved, but so far, except for the first 3 minutes, it is not horrifying nor is it about Zombies. Hoping I will end up really liking the game as it goes a long.

Then more you get into the game the more it open's up, it's also around 15-20 hours long.

Yep, it took me 20 hours. Finished it. In the end, I had quite a lot of fun with this. I think the "movie" which is most of the game, face it, is really satisfying and I really liked the end (not that "epilogue" bit). The "movie" reminds me of the film True Grit, even has the basic same ending concept. And the gameplay... mixed really.

I didn't think it opened up. There were some areas you wandered around in town looking for the next ladder/plank/garbage bin, but then you had another "run quickly and follow up X". It's not un-fun though. I really loved the flamethrower. It's just not complete enough or engaging enough - dying means nothing - you respawn back 2 seconds, and they say "ammo is scarce" but it really isn't - you always have a weapon with bullets and the bombs and everything are so powerful.

So a good game overall, but not a really good zombie game. It's a third person shooter and you mostly fight humans out in the open in day time.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.