Forums

Topic: The Great Adventure Bundle 2010

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

HolyMackerel

Just thought I'd spread the word about The Great Adventure Bundle 2010. It consists of 6 PC adventure games/collections, from different publishers, normally priced for a total of $120 going for $19.95. 25% of the money you pay is donated to the charity of your choice. Sale ends 10 September 2010. The games are:

• The Whispered World
  • Jack Keane
  • King's Quest Collection
  • Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
  • Puzzle Agent (unlocked at 5000 sales)
  • Sam & Max Season 2 (unlocked at ???? sales)

There are videos and screenshots of each of the games on the website. The Whispered World and Jack Keane are games I'd only heard of in name and both look amazing now that I see them in action.

Definitely check this sale out.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Ravage

Interesting, definitely something I need to check out.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ravage

I may wait to see if it looks like Puzzle Agent is going to release before buying. Good news is that $2000 has already been raised towards the various charities.

Stuffgamer1

Sounds great, but I don't have a good enough computer to run most of these yet. If I bought it now, would I be able to download it on another computer in a few weeks?

Also, how exactly does this "more games unlocked at so many sales" thing work? Do buyers before hitting that point get those games as well?

It's possible the site answers some of these questions easily, but I'm not on a computer at all right now and it doesn't work well on the PS3 browser.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

HolyMackerel

From what I understand, if the number of sales reaches those amounts then everyone who bought the bundle gets access to the locked games. They chose to do that because they want to reach their goal of a certain amount donated to charities.

And yes, if you buy the bundle now you'll be able to download the games at any time on any of your computers in the future.

HolyMackerel

Ravage

I want to buy it, but I want Puzzle Agent with it lol

Terra

Bought the collection. Don't worry Ravage, that's one less sale for Puzzle Agent to unlock lol. Still need another 4,210 people to do the same though.

So far, they're currently up to $3,942.10, which is pretty good.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

Ravage

Looks like they have lowered their expectations in order to get more to buy. Puzzle Agent is now unlocked and Sam and Max unlocks at 5000. I think I'm sold now. Just need to decide on a charity...
I am going to go with Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Edited on by Ravage

Stuffgamer1

Okay, thanks for the info. If Puzzle Agent is already unlocked, I'm sold. Doesn't really matter to me if Sam & Max Season 2 makes it on there 'cause I already have it on XBLA.

EDIT: It is done. I hadn't realized that this deal was running from the TellTale website, though I suppose it makes sense since both of the bonus games are theirs. When I signed up there (which I'd previously had no reason to do), I found a page to see and redownload previous purchases, so I should be good. I picked Child's Play as the charity.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Ravage

This is a digital download, right? Just want to make sure because our mail sucks here.

Stuffgamer1

Yes, it's all downloads. The purchase data is saved to your TellTale user account, which is what you would use to redownload on another computer as necessary.

Ravage

Okay, thanks. Bought.

Edited on by Ravage

Terra

I picked the Electronic Frontier Foundation as my charity of choice. I'm part of this group that share common goals so this seemed the right choice, although I will donate to the other charities seperately.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.