Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Showing 161 to 180 of 180

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

161. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Well thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realize Japanese RPG's were in their own separate genre. I always assumed they were all just RPG's.

I dunno about different genres. Different styles maybe

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Noire

162. Posted:

The best thing I've done in my second play-through is kill the obnoxious priest by the Talos statue in Whiterun. Seriously, the Dark Brotherhood questline was cool, but man if that guy did not get on my nerves EVERY SINGLE TIME I walked up to the Skyforge. It also played into my whole Elven superiority thing so that was cool too. Nobody even lifted a finger to stop me or put a bounty on me so I guess I did us all a service. :P

we are but maaaaaagooooottsssss writhing in the fillllllttthhhhh of our own corrrrrruppppttiiooooonnnnn

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

Magi

163. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

Anyhow, I was curious if there are other people like me, where when you level up, you don't necessarily put your perk into a skill tree, but hang onto a bunch before using a couple. I tend to hang onto 2 or 3 at a time in order to get better perks later when my skills are a higher level.

I did the exact same thing! At one point, I think I had 6 or 7 saved.

PhoenixCake wrote:

...we are but maaaaaagooooottsssss writhing in the fillllllttthhhhh of our own corrrrrruppppttiiooooonnnnn

YOU'RE VERY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES?!?!?!

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

164. Posted:

I hate getting hooked on games by my cousin, because I can only play them when I visit him (which, sadly, isn't often). Skyrim is the latest game he's hooked me on, and in the week I got to spend with it, I got absolutely hooked. I got so hooked that by the time I left I was level 34, sporting a full set of Daedric armor with a greatsword and bow to match (all upgraded to Legendary, of course). My man Faendal was wearing my old set of Ebony armor (also Legendary), but I had to give him a less awesome glass bow after he somehow lost the Legendary Ebony one that I'd handed down to him along with the armor (it seriously pissed me off, too)...

While followers are awesome, I hate having Faendal follow me around in dungeons. He tends to get in the way when I fight, even though he's using a ranged weapon, which has resulted in me having to reload previous saves at least three times because he was in between me and my opponent when I let off a power attack. I used to give him a melee weapon, but he does more harm than good with one equipped, so I stopped; I won't even let him carry excess weapons for me, because I know he'll ditch his bow for whatever weapon I give him...

Enough about the downsides, though. This game is huge and awesome and so far I've joined just about every guild (except the mages in Winterhold, whom I ditched while being given the tour of their college). The Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are awesome, though, as well as the Companions. So far I haven't really advanced much on their quest, though, because I just like breaking out on my own and exploring or doing the Miscellaneous quests. The Dark Brotherhood's quests are particularly fun, but so far I'm at the tip of the iceberg there...

I don't know when I'll get to visit my cousin again, but I know that when I do, Skyrim will have my complete attention. I hope it does come to the Wii U, because if it does, I'm buying it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

165. Posted:

My brother got this game for Christmas. I still haven't played it yet. I didn't want it to get in the way of all my other Christmas games, but maybe I should be worried about open world RPG fatigue as I'll be getting Xenoblade in 2 months...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Noire

166. Posted:

So close to getting my first platinum trophy with this game... just gotta find those Daedric artifacts... and hold onto 100,000 gold...

Sheogorath never fails to make me laugh. I wish I got to see more of him then you do. :( In honor, I'm trying to do the fish stick. It's a very delicate state of mind.

This second character has gone so much better than the first. I can't even go back and play my first file now, lol, it embarrasses me so much. I have so many different options for attacking this time that combat is always fresh. 240 hours into the game (110 with first file, 130 with second) and finally hitting my stride, lol. The Greybeards must be getting impatient by now, I haven't even gone to see them and I'm like Level 57 with 14 shouts in various states of completion. I'm gonna blow their minds once I get up there. :P

There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

Reala

167. Posted:

Just started it nice looking game not really the best of starts took me a few tries just to get unbound :/ just reached level 2 looking for some dragon stone but got a bit lost, also accidentally stole something and had to pay a fine for it so....... yeah not looking the professional exactly but will keep at it as I'm sure it will pick up.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

168. Posted:

so yeah, Oblivion was amazing despite having like 1000 problems with it. This game has far less problems so far.

GOTY last year. Makes sense to me. Unless the later parts of the games suck or something. Sorry Zelda, next time remember what good (sane) story pacing is and don't have the forest area be boring half the time. I apologize regularly to my copy of Radiant Historia, I feel bad for it every day. :(

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Noire

169. Posted:

With the 1.4 patch, I can run through Solitude with no chugging.

WHAT NEW DEVILRY IS THIS, BETHESDA?

Edited on by Noire

AuthorMessage

edhe

170. Posted:

Played a hundred minutes so far, finding it very enjoying (it's exceeded my expectations), and have a question.

How do you tell if you're diseased? Every time I pass a peasant, they comment on me looking diseased, but I can't find a menu telling me what I have. I contracted broken bone syndrome or something from that bear in the first stage, so I assume I still have that. Do you have to rely on people telling you how sickly you look?

Also, Is there any way to cure it without spending over 500 coins on a cure-all-disease potion?

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

171. Posted:

@edhe: You can tell if you're diseased by going into your Magic menu and looking up Ailments (or Status Effects, I forget) and it'll show you what's currently wrong with you. Also, I'm pretty sure any old cure potion gets rid of any effects you have. I cured my possible Vampirism with a simple potion, and I know I've cured Broken Bone Syndrome in the past as well without it costing me a lot of gold (if any). If you wind up with some kind of ailment, the game usually tells you so the moment it happens, but definitely make sure to check your menu every now and then. You don't want to end up unwittingly becoming a Vampire, especially since the cons outweigh the pros (in my opinion)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

edhe

172. Posted:

@Rin_Tezuka Thanks.

It seems I have Whitbane and Bone Break Fever. Bone Break Fever's effect states "Draws 0 points from stamina". What does that mean?

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Noire

173. Posted:

You can cure any disease by praying at any of the shrines, which is a lot more cost-effective (though less immediate if out on the road).

Bone Break should take 25 points from stamina, so I don't know why it's saying 0. Then again I have seen numbers screwed up in my Active Effects menu before.

AuthorMessage

Reala

174. Posted:

Totally addicted to this just bought all the houses and have begun to look into adding mods mostly graphic mods or bug fixes so far and an extra house mod sea breeze which is very nice with indoor smith area, can't wait for the economy overhaul mod though apparently it will take a while; but your buying and selling having more of an effect on how much a merchant has and what they sell sounds worth waiting for.

AuthorMessage

Raylax

175. Posted:

Thread, rise from your grave

New, decidedly meaty looking DLC for Skyrim has been announced, under the title Dragonborn :D

360 gets it December 4th for 1600 MS points. I imagine PC will get it ~30 days after.

Commence beaching about X-Box exclusivity / owning a PS3

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

176. Posted:

Dragon riding!? Now I have to buy it.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

177. Posted:

I like this game, but it's the glitchiest thing ever. :P Still really fun though. :D

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

KiyomiRein

178. Posted:

New content?! Must buy when it hits PC. I love Skyrim. It's already taken up so many hours of my life thus far. XD

FC 1547-6495-3840
I love Swapnote. Send me notes.
3DS mii name is Kiyomi

AuthorMessage

Reala

179. Posted:

Looks like skyrim has had a price cut its now £19.99 here on steam.

Edited on by Reala

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

180. Posted:

I never thought this game would have such beauty.

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Final Fantasy V, Metroid Fusion, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro