Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 121 to 140 of 176

Magi

Did anyone else want an opportunity to kill that executioner at the beginning so you could take his armor/mask? I sure did.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

Aviator

New fave Skyrim video.
[youtube:bPHtAHxB3iI]

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Kid_A

QUESTION! So those dragon bones and such that you get from...dragons. Their value is listed at about 500 gold. I can't seem to sell it for more than 163. Anyone know the best place to sell this stuff? It's dragging down my weight and I have the insatiable urge to buy a house, so I need the cash. In fact, any great money-making tips at all would be appreciated. I need like, 2000 gold.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

JayArr

The price you get for items is based off of your speech skiil. So the higher the skill the closer you get to their actual value.

You should buy a house as quickly as possibly in Whiterun (cheapest). just for their purpose of stashing items alone. Until you do you can always have Lydia your housecarl carry all that heavy stuff.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Sam_Loser2

Getting your speech skill up will allow you to sell at higher prices and buy at lower prices. Try getting that skill up. Most places only have about 700-900 gold, so to make a large amount you'll have to jump around a bit. Making and enchanting iron daggers will give you some cash even if you must buy the ore/ingots. Will also quickly raise both Smithing and Enchanting.

Edited on by Sam_Loser2

My 3DS friend code is: 2750-1101-5534

I am The Guy. I got all the shiny trinkets. Perfect score on every Yoshi's Island level. I beat Dark Link. Basically, I'm Awesome.

Nope, not coincided at all.

Noire

Do you have the Speech perks that have to do with prices? The more you have the better prices you can get. Otherwise I know there's an amulet that improves prices by 10% (I'm not sure if you can get the enchantment from it or not but if you could you could enchant an entire outfit with it) and there's also potions that will increase your haggling. Other then that, if you ever get any cheap rings or necklaces (or anything really, but the rings and stuff are the lightest), enchanting them will increase their price exponentially.

And if you really really need a house and can't get one, get married and use your new spouse's house until you save up the cash to get the one you want. You can always make them move later.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Kid_A

Ah, that's definitely my problem. Super low speech skill! I have a crap-ton of potions, though (recently discovered how addicting alchemy can be) and I know I've got some barter ones. I had no idea you could even buy a house until yesterday. (Random guy in Dragonsreach: "Wanna buy a house?" Me: "Um, yes. Right now.") But boy do I ever need it. I'm constantly having my buddy Eric the Slayer carry my books and ore and heavy weapons and stuff. Poor guy's going to get scoliosis.

JayArr

LoL Eric the Slayer was my boy! We ran together for about 20+ hours until I accidently hit him in the back of the head with a mace. D:

Kid_A

Such an earnest guy. I do wish he'd stop being so "moral," though. I know I'm not supposed to break into peoples' houses, Eric the Slayer! But I needs me some lockpicking skills! And gold! And it's fun, so screw you. Don't judge me. I made you who you are! Who was it that paid your dad to convince him to let you go adventuring? Yeah. That was me. So just hold my Orcish Mace and chillax, alright?

Fuzzy

JayArr wrote:

LoL Eric the Slayer was my boy! We ran together for about 20+ hours until I accidently hit him in the back of the head with a mace. D:

Haha I did the same to Lydia, but with an arrow.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

lonlon-milker

My friends and I are already talking about how the expansion pack is going to be better than final fantasy 13part1 and part2 combined lol.

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

Ravage

Oh my.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Slapshot

I don't want to work. I want to stay home and play Skryim all day.
I don't want to work. I want to stay home and play Skyrim all day.
I'm not going to work. I'm going to stay home and play Skyrim today.
I'm screwed up and missed work. I stayed home and played Skyrim all day.
I'm not going to sleep. I'm going to stay up and play Skyrim all night.
I'm not going to sleep. I'm going to stay up and play Skyrim all night.
I stayed up all night. And I'm going to keep playing Skyrim all day.
I fell asleep. But I played Skryim in my dreams.
I'm back awake. It's time to play Skyrim all day.
Crap! I got fired! Oh well, repeat the song.
No I didn't get fired, but man do I wish I could stay home all day and play Skyrim!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Kid_A

I'm wondering how weird it's going to be to play Final Fantasy XIII-2 after spending so much time with an RPG like Skyrim.

Bankai

Kid_A wrote:

I'm wondering how weird it's going to be to play Final Fantasy XIII-2 after spending so much time with an RPG like Skyrim.

Final Fantasy XIII (and XIII-2) and Skyrim are the perfect reason why we should stop calling JRPGs RPGs. They're not. You may as well compare Final Fantasy XIII-2 to Mario.

The fact that people insist on comparing Skyrim and Final Fantasy is exactly why they end up disappointed by one or the other.

kkslider5552000

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

The fact that people insist on comparing Skyrim and Final Fantasy is exactly why they end up disappointed by one or the other.

I disagree, I don't need to do that to be dissappointed by Final Fantasy.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Noire

Eww, get a room. No getting your Lover's Comfort buff in this thread plz x__x

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

JayArr

ikr Feenie, its like reading a forum nerd version of "Lusty Argonian Maid". x____x

Slapshot

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Final Fantasy XIII (and XIII-2) and Skyrim are the perfect reason why we should stop calling JRPGs RPGs. They're not. You may as well compare Final Fantasy XIII-2 to Mario.

Agreed! And I'll 1-up it and say that I don't think Mass Effect should be considered an RPG either. The mastermind behind The Elder Scrolls, Ken Rolston, had bid disagreements with Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk of BioWare on this exact subject at this past years GDC "RPG Influencers" breakfast. Rolston believes that RPG's should be games that the player "writes his own story" inside, instead of the offerings that BioWare uses: extremely heavy uses of dialog, story driven narratives with few player choices, movie-esque characters, etc. BioWare wants you to see and play what they want you to and you get the option of making a few major choices throughout the games - it's actually quite a linear affair.

I enjoy the Mass Effect series and would agree that it's an RPG-lite, but I don't agree that their games are full-fledged RPG titles at all. I don't think they should be considered as a leading RPG company. If that's so, then Quantum Dream should have included a skill tree in Heavy Rain and they'd be one too!

Something tells me I just opened a can of worms!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.