Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Showing 1 to 20 of 180

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

1. Posted:

Anyone else looking forward to this game? This new article : http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/... reveals some great sounding improvments over The Eldar Scrolls.
This and L.A Noir are now the 2 games I'm most looking forward to this year.
Thoughts.......

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

2. Posted:

I think it looks pretty. Too bad I could never get into this series.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

3. Posted:

Oh, man. Oblivion stole so many hours of my life that it's not even funny. I'm pretty pumped for this one but I just hope it doesn't consume me this time around.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SphericalCrusher

4. Posted:

I can't wait! Huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series. Played them all and looking forward to this.

SphericalCrusher

Twitter: th3crush3r

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Infernape1000

5. Posted:

If it has no Vampirism, no repetitive dungeons, and a better leveling system, it will be one of the best games ever.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HeroOfTime007

6. Posted:

If there are more unique dungeons, a better map, make it less generic like Oblivion was and more like Morrowind, get rid of the level balancing, and they make it impossible to nude mod, then it will be one of the best games ever.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

7. Posted:

I am probably one of the few players that never played any of the games in series.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

8. Posted:

According to the article I posted it sounds like most of my issues with IV are going to be sorted out. Levelling , Character interactions and animations.
I agree that the maps need sorting badly ,both Fallout games also suffer from this too,in that when in a building you can't distinguish between floors. A metroid Prime style map would be awesome.Other than that I'm really looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage!!

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

9. Posted:

I loved Morrowind, enjoyed Oblivion.

The only thing I really hope they fix this time around is scaling enemies. I hate that in a game. If I level up, I want to be more powerful than the dudes I've already offed. I don't want them to level up with me. That renders the entire levelling system redundent.

Either way though, this game looks GORGEOUS.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

10. Posted:

Yep I agree about the levelling. Sounds like they have changed it for V, I'm sure it'll be similar to the Fallout games this time,which worked great because towards the end of the game you felt like a real badass and enemies that were very tough at the beginning (super mutants I'm looking at you) became increasingly easy,which as you say is the whole point of levelling up.
The game does look fantastic but I can only seem to find one screenshot at the moment :
Untitled
but if the rest of the game looks like that and runs smoothly I'll be very happy. :) Glad to hear they have changed the engine for this one, the old one was really begining to show its age in New Vegas

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

11. Posted:

After the literally hundreds of hours i put into Oblivion, this will be a no-brainer for me to buy. It looks amazing; i still need to read the big preview in GI.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

12. Posted:

This game will be EPIC

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

13. Posted:

If they fixed the leveling, and it sounds like they have, this could be a masterpiece.

...why do I have a feeling my girlfriend will rue the day this came out?

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Platypus

14. Posted:

Never played an elder scrolls game maybe I should get this one.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cia

15. Posted:

Oblivion was a great game, if you count out the numerous bugs and the fact that all the characters seemed retarded. Elves were all like stereotypical gay men and no one in the world had a beard (?). Almost everyone was more or less ugly. Voice acting was pretty horrendous since there were only few people doing all the voices. If Skyrim doesn't improve a lot of these areas, i'll just pass it. Also, i didn't like the fact that the game was scaling enemies tougher with your leveling, so here's to hoping they fix that somehow too.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

16. Posted:

Faron wrote:

Oblivion was a great game, if you count out the numerous bugs and the fact that all the characters seemed retarded. Elves were all like stereotypical gay men and no one in the world had a beard (?). Almost everyone was more or less ugly. Voice acting was pretty horrendous since there were only few people doing all the voices. If Skyrim doesn't improve a lot of these areas, i'll just pass it. Also, i didn't like the fact that the game was scaling enemies tougher with your leveling, so here's to hoping they fix that somehow too.

If you read the article I posted it sounds like all your concerns are being addresed in the new game. You did make me LOL with your observations though :D

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

17. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

Never played an elder scrolls game maybe I should get this one.

Start with Morrowind. It's an old game now, but Morrowind was a stroke of Western RPG genius that might never be equalled. Oblivion certainty doesn't, and we do not know how Skyrim will turn out.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

18. Posted:

I enjoyed Morrowind, and skipped out on Oblivion, but I won't miss this one. ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

19. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

soccer686 wrote:

Never played an elder scrolls game maybe I should get this one.

Start with Morrowind. It's an old game now, but Morrowind was a stroke of Western RPG genius that might never be equalled. Oblivion certainty doesn't, and we do not know how Skyrim will turn out.

I have to warn that Morrowind is less newbie friendly than Oblivion. It's way easier to get lost and frustrated in Morrowind if you aren't used to the whole open world RPG thing.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

20. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

soccer686 wrote:

Never played an elder scrolls game maybe I should get this one.

Start with Morrowind. It's an old game now, but Morrowind was a stroke of Western RPG genius that might never be equalled. Oblivion certainty doesn't, and we do not know how Skyrim will turn out.

I have to warn that Morrowind is less newbie friendly than Oblivion. It's way easier to get lost and frustrated in Morrowind if you aren't used to the whole open world RPG thing.

That's true. But Morrowind also does a good job of rewarding you if you just go off and wander.

I've never actually completed Morrowind, despite having numerous 50+ hour save files, because every time I start, I just explore - or set myself little challenges like wiping out entire towns.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)