Forums

Topic: The E3 2010 Analysis Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

V8_Ninja

Yes, I've created a thread to be critical of the big showings at E3 2010. You can be critical of whatever you chose, it just has to be E3 2010 related. Oh, and one rule: DO NOT START A FLAME WAR!!! Be respectful of other people's opinions, Okay? Good. So now, onto the first critical anlysis!

Microsoft's Conference:

What Happened:

• First gameplay footage of Metal Gear Rising.
  • First gameplay footage of Gears of War 3.
  • First peek at Halo Reach's single player.
  • First non-trailer gameplay footage of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
  • Announces partnership with Crytek to create game called Kingdoms.
  • ESPN will be coming to Xbox Live.
  • Lots of stuff related to "Kinect", including Kinect Sports (Wii Sports w/ Kinect), Kinect Joy Ride (Mario Kart w/ Kinect), Kenectimals (some weird game where you "Interact" with digital animals), new Ubisoft game called "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" (an "Exergame"), new Harmonix dance game called "Dance Central" (a game where you actually have to dance), a version of Forzwa Motorsport that will use Kinect, and a new LucasArts Star Wars game that will use Kinect (the only thing I'm excited about for Kinect)

My Personal Opinion:

While it was cool, Microsoft didn't show anything completely new that we (as the core gamers) really know we want. We basically knew what was going to be shown that would peek our interest.

My Personal Rating: 6/10 (slightly above average)

So, what do you guys think? Fire away!

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Xkhaoz

Well, I found out that you can watch E3 on Spike.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

shingi_70

When Turn 10 came out i thought they'ed announce the next PGR.
They complete ignored XBLA this year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

V8_Ninja

@Xkhaoz I'm sorry, but I don't wanna watch skinny white people yelling their heads off because of the first Gears of War 3 gameplay footage.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

When's Nintendo gonna come up? I wanna see LOZ real badly!

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Lovely.

SMW

Here are my thoughts on the conferences today.

Microsoft: Had nothing that interested me. It was fun watching people play, but I still question the potential of Kinect.

EA: How many shooters can one dev make? I counted a total of five. Five shooters in one conference! I've been bored of the FPS genre for a while, so this one put me to sleep. I was hoping to see some of their Wii games, or even that Zelda-lookalike game on DS.

Ubisoft: All the boring exercise stuff made me forget about the whole laser tag bit that made absolutely no sense. Also, what the heck was that ManiaPlanet that they talked about and that whole Inergy crap about controlling your breathing? Despite all the crap, it was sweet seeing a brand new sidescrolling Rayman. Just when I thought that Ubisoft had lost their mind, they surprised me with a REAL Rayman game. Check the Rayman vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DtZOIwScXw

No word yet on what systems Rayman will be on, but I did hear that it will be a downloadable game. Heres hoping that WiiWare will get it!

Edited on by SMW

SMW

Adam

I vote we pretend tomorrow is the first day of E3.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ASDFGHJKL

So far E3 is disappointing. I cant wait for Nintendo though.

ASDFGHJKL

kevohki

Good:

• Can't believe nobody mentioned the Child of Eden live demo using Kinect at Ubisoft's conference. That was awesome. I loved Rez back in the day so I'm glad it's also coming to the PS3 utilizing regular controls along with Move being optional.
  • 2D Rayman and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
  • Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor (looks much better than another run-of-the-mill Call of Duty).
  • Metal Gear Rising: Lightning Bolt Watermelon Slicing
  • Crysis 2
  • Bulletstorm looks like Epic is getting back to it's Unreal roots with this one after the travesty that was Unreal Tournament 3.
  • Joel McHale's one-liners and quips about the presenters and their games.

Disappointments:

• Pretty much indifferent to everything else, especially the lackluster Kinect showing. I wasn't interested in it b/c I don't have a 360 but was curious about it's potential and application... not impressed by anything shown using it except Child of Eden.
  • Ubisoft has some bright spots but most of what they showed was just plain wack.
  • No Beyond Good and Evil 2 announcements .

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

RandomWiiPlayer

"Kinect" looks like trash. Medal of Honor's multiplayer looks really similar to Bad Company, I know it' s the same dev but they could shake things up a bit.

Also, did anyone see the new Old Republic trailer? It is freaking amazing. I vote that BioWare gives Lucasarts a refresher course on how to do Star Wars right. The trailers for this game are amazing.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

V8_Ninja

@kevohki Watch this trailer and hate Tetsuya Mizuguchi for making you want Kinect so bad. I know I do.

Rusty_Nail

Gears of War 3 looks like a copy pasted Gears of War 2 game just with co-op, so they just milk it.

Kinect looks like , i mean it looks so up to see someone moving the dashboard with his hands in front of a camera.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Rusty_Nail

Cia

Child of Eden would be propably cool only if you had a wall- sized tv or video projector.

Cia

shingi_70

I've been read impression and it seems that natal actually works like how it was shown. Anyways why is Microsoft getting flack for having a bad press conference. I mean last year's was great, and of course you will have at least one bad e3. I mean nintendo's was equally bad but some how that equals up to ok?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

xAlias

Nintendo cannot come soon enough! Arrrrrrrgh!

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

Kaeobais

Nintendo wins. Fatality.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Looks like the 3DS will have a Kid Icarus game. Goody gumdrops.

Is Paper Mario really coming to 3DS? If so, I must have it!

Rusty_Nail

The Nintendo conference was their greatest in years and this years greatest, but i missed some demonstraion of Conduit 2 and Pikmin 3 íf those was included, so it couldn't be better.

Rusty_Nail

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.