Forums

Topic: Systems you regret buying

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

Lencer

Not really regretted buying any console, they all have their ups and downs, they do what I need for the most part

Lencer

sub12

The Wii U, but to be more descriptive, the Wii U at launch........I think I will wait it out for a year or so with Nintendo's next piece of hardware.

sub12

Punished_Boss_84

DS, PSP and Vita at launch, learned my lesson for 3DS.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

dumedum

The only systems, (other than "game & watch" systems, PC's, phones and tablet) I ever actually bought are the Game Boy, the 3DS, the Wii and the Wii U, so I don't regret any of those.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

unrandomsam

I regret buying an Xperia Play (Sort of serves me right for trusting Sony in a sense but they never provided anything they promised - Android 4.0 (So the physical controls could work without specific support) - Or the PS1 games they even mentioned ports of PSP games (There was just the launch ones and no more)).

It was also an absolutely awful phone.

It was pre discount at pretty much full price. Had loads of manufacturing defects they refused to fix (Compass wired up wrong / Really bad GPS). They got something like £500 for it. (If I got it at the discounted price of about 1/3 I could have tolerated it a bit better maybe).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Zodiak13

PS2, Atari Jaguar, Sega Gamegear, Wonder Swan. These systems have almost no games I enjoy, or so few they were waste of my money. PSP and Vita are almost on here, but they have just enough stuff on them that has killed lots of hours for me to not regret buying them completely. Also my Neo Geo Pocket Color had so few games to choose from, but at least I liked most of the games made.

Gotta catch them... eh, nevermind.

Grumblevolcano

The only console I regret buying is the PSP. A number of games from series I liked on PS2 such as SOCOM had "crosstalk" with PSP titles in the same series and there were a few other games I looked forward to so I got one. The problem was that the other games I looked forward to turned out to be bad and so once I finished the games with crosstalk I found myself not finding anything else that I wanted to get and so eventually I sold it as part of trade-in towards an Xbox 360. I'm very thankful I didn't stick with Sony handhelds and from what I've seen, the PS Vita is the most pointless handheld in existence thanks to Sony's abandoning early on.

I guess it serves me right for thinking a company other than Nintendo could create a great handheld games console...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VmprHntrD

Looking back I have three regrets, and both are specifically and entirely the fault of the system maker. I regret every single one of them because of the limitations of the system hardware, the bad/out of date design, and/or the crappy advertising and third party support (all or a mix.)

The Neo Geo Pocket Color was the first, figured it would roll along nicely like the NG home system did, and it didn't by any means, yet I loved it and it ran out of games so I ran out of use for it.

The second one is the Wii, the by far worst of the bunch in that Nintendo did an out of date system with forced motion control (or waggle how you see it) that got repeated promises by the few months by developers to get a game out and IF it sold they'd do more to NOT do that. The system also being subverted by Nintendo and their non-gamer advertising for nearly two years for granny, daddy, and the casual crew. Third parties used it as a cash-in to make money to fund their real projects on PS3/DS/360 instead having their learning B-team crews make stuff, or make lame spinoff rail shooters of good franchises gone to waste. I got do disgusted by it I ended up not using it for a year here or there and ende dup being the first Nintendo system I sold off and was happy doing so, I will never own one again even for free.

The third was the Vita from Sony. Hardware amazing, price isn't terrible, capabilities are excellent, but what did Sony do? They arrogantly felt it would sell itself, so they didn't bother to pump up game makers to make stuff, gave no incentives or cares to do so, piss poor promotion of it, and ultimately even now most stores if they carry it have maybe 10 games on the shelf, not that the library is largely bigger considering some stuff is just console ports which is no good. I had it with 5 games and some downloads, with Gravity Rush on the horizon and nothing else but more system ports and annoying overkill FPS and third person adventure stuff I ditched it sadly. I miss it, but don't miss the lack of stuff to do. I could see owning it again if I found it stupid cheap enough.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

KingMike

Vita sounds like a repeat of the PSP.
But we're starting to approach the point in its life cycle where the PSP turned itself around and started to get a library of good games. Will it happen with Vita?

KingMike

VmprHntrD

Who knows, I'm kind of surprised PSP did turn it around since it was so hard core pirated that many companies about the time just after PeaceWalker came out just stopped releasing games because the stats showed far more downloads (warez) than purchases online which was nauseating. Vita isn't getting robbed blind, so it's strictly a game issue, not a theft one. I hope it does, I'd love to own one again if they got sustained quality releases.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

lamco

Psp 3000 because the resolution was terrible, and the umd is the worst thing known to man. That thing broke in half s year, whilst my ds lite still going strong 7 years later. I hated the fact that when the umd was inside the psp, it was really noisy. A good library and great graphics are the only redeeming factors.

I have a ghost type safari with phanump +shuppet +?

3DS Friend Code: 4527-8492-5215 | Nintendo Network ID: Difficvlt

kevohki

The original 3DS mainly because I ended up getting the XL.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

unrandomsam

tanookisuit wrote:

Who knows, I'm kind of surprised PSP did turn it around since it was so hard core pirated that many companies about the time just after PeaceWalker came out just stopped releasing games because the stats showed far more downloads (warez) than purchases online which was nauseating. Vita isn't getting robbed blind, so it's strictly a game issue, not a theft one. I hope it does, I'd love to own one again if they got sustained quality releases.

I would get one if I could just get all the PSP/PS1 stuff I want from one single PSN Store. No practical way to do it.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

yuki-chan

Unfortunately, it's Wii U.

yuki-chan

3DS Friend Code: 3883-5294-3553

FX102A

Just the original XBOX & (believe it or not) my Megadrive.

I bought the XBOX purely for Steel Battalion but it was a bit of a let down outside the awesome control (and a beast to set up).

The Megadrive I bought during a small retro mood swing but I never hooked it up. Now I'm considering a Retron 5 and so may rid myself of the MD.

Edited on by theblackdragon

FX102A

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.