Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Street Fighter X Mega Man

Showing 1 to 12 of 12

AuthorMessage
Rensch

Rensch

1. Posted:

Capcom has collaborated with a fan to give us a great christmas present this year. Imagine an NES Mega Man game, but with the Robot Masters replaced by Street Fighter characters. That is exactly what Capcom gives us as a celebration of the 25th anniversary of both franchises. (Although I am unsure what exactly Street Fighter I is, nobody seems to know) Anyway, the good news is, it is completely FREE to download at the game's page at the official Capcom site.

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

It's amazing how great this is. It looks, plays and sounds exactly like an NES 8-bit Mega Man, and all you need is a Windows PC to play it. It has everthing I love about the franchise. Inventive enemies, cool weapons (each strong against one of the bosses), some tricky level designs and challenging bosses. The only difference is that they are based on the Street Fighter cast. And, goodness, this crossovers works like a dream. Imagine Mega Man do a Hadouken! And Ryu and co. look so cute in 8-bit Mega Man style. This holiday is full or Retro goodness! Download here and be amazed:

http://capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

2. Posted:

I like how Capcom at still least not only accepts, but encourages fan projects.

I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Wii games missing from the Wii U VC.

Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

3. Posted:

Nobody seems to know?

Hmmm, here's some afternoon reading for you then
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_%28video_game%29

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

4. Posted:

Wish I could play it. Dang Capcom, not putting in the effort to make a Mac version. It's his dang 25th Anniversary. Everyone should be able to play it.

Want Rival Schools 3? Show your support to Capcom! Or tell Capcom on social media! You want to know more about the game first? Here's some gameplay!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
ShadJV

ShadJV

5. Posted:

You've never heard of Street Fighter? PLEASE be joking.

That said, I hope people do realize a fan made this game, not Capcom. Capcom is endorsing it but they didn't make it and it's unfair to credit them as such. Also, that means you shouldn't blame Capcom for no Mac version, they didn't make it.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

6. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Also, that means you shouldn't blame Capcom for no Mac version, they didn't make it.

Exactly, they didn't do anything. The game is entirely fan made. All Capcom did was pay and made this official. They supervised the guy's work and gave input though. You think they would have suggested making a Mac version or helped do that if time was a problem.
Guess I'm just upset I can't play this without installing some converter thing that requires me to do all this stuff to get it to work.

Want Rival Schools 3? Show your support to Capcom! Or tell Capcom on social media! You want to know more about the game first? Here's some gameplay!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
ShadJV

ShadJV

7. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

Also, that means you shouldn't blame Capcom for no Mac version, they didn't make it.

Exactly, they didn't do anything. The game is entirely fan made. All Capcom did was pay and made this official. They supervised the guy's work and gave input though. You think they would have suggested making a Mac version or helped do that if time was a problem.
Guess I'm just upset I can't play this without installing some converter thing that requires me to do all this stuff to get it to work.

Depending on how the guy made it, it might not be that easy for Capcom to port it, and from what I understand they did not supervise or pay for this, they even have stated it's not official, they just are supporting it (in other words, distributing it and gauging interest). Capcom has already said that fan reaction to this title will help determine the future of the series. At this point, they aren't sure if the series is worth putting any more money in, the last thing they are interested is dropping some money into a fan game that gains them no revenue.

I mean, it's a shame for Mac users, I don't think it's fair or anything, I'm not even a Megaman fan and I felt this was a very polished game. Perhaps the creator will port it to Mac but it will take time, he's doing it on his own.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Rensch

Rensch

8. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

You've never heard of Street Fighter? PLEASE be joking.

Off course I know Street Fighter. But everyone always seems to have played the sequel, but not that first game. It's always everyone's favourite Street Fighter II people know and love, but I rarely hear people raving about the first one.

BTW it sucks that this game has no save feature. Seriously Capcom? Could you at least endorse this fan project properly and put that in. It's not, well, 25 years ago anymore.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
ShadJV

ShadJV

9. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

You've never heard of Street Fighter? PLEASE be joking.

Off course I know Street Fighter. But everyone always seems to have played the sequel, but not that first game. It's always everyone's favourite Street Fighter II people know and love, but I rarely hear people raving about the first one.

BTW it sucks that this game has no save feature. Seriously Capcom? Could you at least endorse this fan project properly and put that in. It's not, well, 25 years ago anymore.

Do you know how difficult it is to put a save feature into a game you didn't even make? The creator likely chose to have no save feature on purpose, creative choice.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

10. Posted:

BTW, IGN actually reviewed this, & gave it a 7/10.

They pretty much said it plays wonderfully, the graphics capture the look of 8-bit Mega Man perfectly, loved that it feels like a love letter to fans, & it's hard to criticise a fan project. With that in mind though, they said the odd mishmash of music from both series isn't very appealing, the levels themselves are way to easy to do justice to the Mega Man name, while the bosses are too insanely difficult (with the choice in SF characters feeling random & not thought out), and the game is too short. Oh, they also said the lack of Rush (besides a quick appearance in one level) is a glaring omission.

Edited on by RR529

Avatar: Yuna (FFX)

Playing: Dragon Quest V (AND)

Watching: Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Netflix), InuYasha: the Final Act (Toonami), DBZ Kai (Toonami)

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

11. Posted:

Has anyone played this game since the patch? I heard that you can save now via a password system like the NES Megamans. Still haven't played this game myself. I downloaded it but dang backlog just keeps getting longer and longer.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Dezner

Dezner

12. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Has anyone played this game since the patch? I heard that you can save now via a password system like the NES Megamans. Still haven't played this game myself. I downloaded it but dang backlog just keeps getting longer and longer.

Yeah, I also downloaded the updated version but I have yet to get back to playing it. I don't boot up Windows that often so I often forget to even want to play SFxMM. :p

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: