Forums

Topic: Street Fighter V

Posts 121 to 140 of 173

jump

Socar wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

@Socar: Camelot? I thought they made most, if not all of the mario tennis games?

So why blame Nintendo when you ought to blame Cameloft?

The publisher sets the price, not the developer.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: Come back to me on that 'many others' part when it gets heavily more positive reviews than negative ones on Steam/Metacritic.

I doubt that your opinion is the popular one here. Glad that Street Fighter V is having a rocky road to success at best or at worst what it is currently, which is the biggest 'AAA' launch disaster since Arkham Knight on PS4.

Hopefully Capcom get the message. And the right one this time, not the one they got from Resi 6.

Shinion

Socar

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

@Socar: Camelot? I thought they made most, if not all of the mario tennis games?

So why blame Nintendo when you ought to blame Cameloft?

The publisher sets the price, not the developer.

Really? Then explain the odd relationship between Sanzaru games and SEGA making another Sonic Boom game after the failure of the first one. Did SEGA set the price or was it Sanzaru that somehow managed to convince SEGA to like make them a sequel to a game that barely sold half a million?

Explain the relationship between Microsoft and Rare then. Micro actually gives Rare lots of freedom and yet they end up not making great games at all except one or two (viva Pinata, Kinect Sports).

Really, publisher giving the price to the dev? We know by now that Nintendo always focuses on quality and that they could release their games for quick money if they were that greedy but they don't and instead, take the risk of releasing what they think is fun.

Can you honestly tell me that V is far better than what Splatoon will ever be? I doubt it.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia: Serious question; have you actually played Street Fighter V?

It seem to me that you are happier to talk about how it is not doing well in the charts, or bring up the negative feedback on those Steam reviews just because they didn't realised that the extra modes were going to be added at a later date?

It's like you strive to find as much negatively as possible to the point of being a predictable bore.

'Hey look! Those guys over there are having fun! Let's try and spoil things for them because that's what I enjoy doing!'

You got the whole Arkham Knight thing wrong too - it was a huge success on the PlayStation 4, whereas the game had a 'rocky road' (as you like to say) on the PC.

And I am not even going to bother replaying to ArtWark who is predictably talking nonsense yet again.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

jump

I do intend on getting SFV but only when there's a steam sale/special edition version out which I know alot of people are also doing after SF4IV had so many versions out.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Socar

arronishere wrote:

I do intend on getting SFV but only when there's a steam sale/special edition version out which I know alot of people are also doing after SF4IV had so many versions out.

Except that this time, Capcom intends to not do that for this one and will instead add DLC as means of more features.

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@TheLastLugia: Serious question; have you actually played Street Fighter V?

It seem to me that you are happier to talk about how it is not doing well in the charts, or bring up the negative feedback on those Steam reviews just because they didn't realised that the extra modes were going to be added at a later date?

It's like you strive to find as much negatively as possible to the point of being a predictable bore.

'Hey look! Those guys over there are having fun! Let's try and spoil things for them because that's what I enjoy doing!'

You got the whole Arkham Knight thing wrong too - it was a huge success on the PlayStation 4, whereas the game had a 'rocky road' (as you like to say) on the PC.

And I am not even going to bother replaying to ArtWark who is predictably talking nonsense yet again.

How can you be so damn blind about the fact that V barely has any content to begin with? There's no Arcade mode.....never has there been a fighting game that doesn't have arcade mode. Its not even that hard to do.

You also realize that if this game doesn't sell 2 million, its game over for Street Fighter. That doesn't matter to you because of the fact that you're overconfident that it will easily reach 2 million when the game has a lot of flak?

I can understand that mocking on a perfect game like say Awakening might be harsh because others like it and the fact that there is some quality to it, but what excuse do you have for V which as of now has
1. No Arcade mode
2. Shallow difficulty for single players
3. Broken servers
4. Lack of characters
5. Lack of replayability
6. Lack of Content
7. No reason whatsoever to charge a game for 60$.

Even if the game was charged for 60$ including the arcade mode, its still a shallow game as of now. Using DLC as an excuse to compensate for the game's lack of content is BS to me. Smash is better than this and that game had huge content before the DLC even started. Sure, Smash doesn't have so much to do for Single Player but its there and the amount of stuff it has is decent for Single player.

Really, its people like you who want to encourage developers do something like this is what is bad for the industry in general. What's next? Resident Evil not having any zombies because of the DLC excuse? Monster Hunter not having monsters until DLC? You're not able to realize how something like this hurts both consumers and the developers.

Edited on by Socar

Socar

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Except that this time, Capcom intends to not do that for this one and will instead add DLC as means of more features.

You mean like how they added DLC to the orginal game and then released it all in one edition and you're insane if you think there wont be a steam sale.

I honestly don't think that Capcom will make another edition unless the game starts selling well. For what it is now, its shallow in terms of content and it would be foolish for them to make another edition seeing as how the game itself isn't finished to begin with.

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: Yar I have, I played it for 10-15 minutes at one of my local GAMEs, in that time I completed Ryu and Chun-Li's 'story' paths, and once I got bored of that, I spent 5 minutes where I spammed Hadoukens. I then remembered that GAME wanted £50 for this, had a laugh and then I proceeded to buy Plants vs Zombies 2 Garden Warfare instead, a game that I got nowhere near bored in during my 10 hours playtime on EA Access.

And you don't need to 'correct' me on Arkham Knight either. It was just as boring and mediocre on both platforms, and the £40 Season Pass was just as much of a rip-off on all platforms too. If its a 'success' by merely functioning then I now know your standards.

Seriously if PS4 is anywhere involved it's like criticism is not allowed with you or somethin'. I don't know how you're gonna take it if Naughty Dog's latest doesn't get 10s all around, though regardless of its quality you'll love it I'm sure.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

MrGawain

Seeing the hassle downloading things SSSSSSSOOOOOO SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWLLLYYY from the PS4 shop is, I wouldn't want to buy this game in it's current package even if the single player issues and the questionable 'free to win' character DLC was done away with.

If I could buy a disk with 24 fighters or so and several sturdy single player options... then maybe. But I would imagine that wouldn't go down well with first day adopters.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia: Sounds like you don't really appreciate/like beat 'em ups to me.

I am not a fan of Plants vs Zombies, but you don't see me popping into the thread on here and continuously making negative remarks, do you? If you are having fun with that game, then that's cool.

I did have to correct you about Arkham Knight because you don't like being told that you're wrong when you are wrong! It was the PC version, not the PS4.

And you're just flat out weird when you perceive me to become defensive about anything to do with anything Sony related. They are just another business that wants everybody's money so, why on Earth would I care to 'defend' them?

I like and dislike Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony equally, for a variety of different reasons.

The next time I post in this thread, it will be of some screenshots of the game, seeing as that's better than repetitively grumbling about things.

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Untitled

Untitled

I have to admit that I wasn't all that fussed about seeing Birdie return when he was first revealed, but he is actually one of the easiest and funniest character to play (and master) with.

His expressions bring me a lot of joy, especially when he eats his donuts and seeing his surprisingly well animated belly wobble about.

It appears that I have put a shy over forty hours into this since release, and probably an extra fifteen during the beta(s) too. Money well spent!

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Alex has been revealed, hooray!

Not sure how much he will cost in real money however, it's only 100,000 in-game coins to add him to your roster, which is actually pretty generous ... 👏🏼

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I am very much looking forward to trying him out!

Peek-a-boo

Socar

So if you haven't realized how single player is a joke, an actual baby is able to beat Story mode.

Whether the game went easy on him or not, that kid's a genius!

Ryu_Niiyama

My shiny new arcade stick just came in (not that I needed it...been playing on the PC with an arcade stick) but man if mad catz hasn't redeemed themselves as a company thanks to their fight sticks I don't know what else they can do. Back to training mode!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Socar

So that's it. Its confirmed that the game failed to sell 2 million units by the end of Capcom's fiscal year. You can now say goodbye to Street Fighter because its ending up like Darkstalkers.

http://in.ign.com/street-fighter-5/92853/news/street-fighter-...

Atleast Chibi-Robo was something that not everyone was into but Street Fighter......oh man. A great franchise now blown off.

Octane

@Socar: And I'm glad it didn't. Good franchise, good game, but poor execution. There's nothing wrong with the core gameplay, but they should've delayed the game until Summer and finished it before release.

Octane

jump

Socar wrote:

So that's it. Its confirmed that the game failed to sell 2 million units by the end of Capcom's fiscal year. You can now say goodbye to Street Fighter because its ending up like Darkstalkers.

http://in.ign.com/street-fighter-5/92853/news/street-fighter-...

Atleast Chibi-Robo was something that not everyone was into but Street Fighter......oh man. A great franchise now blown off.

Stop being a grief hawk, Street Fighter isn't going to be cancelled.

Nicolai wrote:

Octane

@jump: What are you talking about? Fire Emblem is getting cancelled despite being a million seller, or maybe not, I can't remember. Anyway, it's Nintendo's biggest franchise, so Nintendo will be doomed and so will Street Fighter

Octane

SheldonRandoms

Dan Hibiki would've gotten the game to sell 2 million copies before Capcom's fiscal year end period, because Dan Hibiki is the Streetist Fighter!

Also I rented the game, plays really NOICE, but I cleared everyone's story mode twice in about an hour (I did it all again cuz I didn't make an account or something when I did it the first time)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Peek-a-boo

I thought this thread being bumped is after the recent-ish news of the cinematic story mode, which shall be released in June, is going to focus on every background of the characters, and will also reveal more detailed and bigger information about the gap between Street Fighter III and Street Fighter IV.

After all the doom and gloom about this game back in February, 1,400,000 copies sold doesn't sound too bad to me, especially considering the PlayStation 4 makes up of the vast majority of those numbers.

The Darkstalkers games were very niche! To compare that (great but small) series to Street Fighter is ridiculous, just like Socar's claim that the series is finished.

In any case, Street Fighter V is a absolute dream to play. They delivered in spades on the core gameplay, which is what a beat 'em up game is all about.

Peek-a-boo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.