Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Sony's European Ghostbusters Timed Exclusive Disaster

Showing 1 to 16 of 16

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

1. Posted:

Is Sony stupid or what?

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

2. Posted:

No Sony is awesome.

Microsoft screws them time and time again with DLC deals (Hi Fallout 3) and paying for PS3 exclusives to become multiplats.

This way Sony said "Hey screw you we can do that too" and I think it's awesome.

They made their version of a multiplat the one to get for owners of multiple consoles for the first time this gen.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

3. Posted:

eh, the only difference from normal is that Sony is screwing everyone else with this, not just their own customers.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

4. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

eh, the only difference from normal is that Sony is screwing everyone else with this, not just their own customers.

How is Sony screwing their own customers?

They're screwing other console owners, retailers, and several media outlets but I don't see the problem there. lol

Microsoft loves screwing over PS3 owners (yay exclusive DLC) so I see no problem with this.

What Microsoft has done is still worse because PS3 owners will NEVER see anything from those exclusive DLC deals, while 360 owners will still be able to play Ghostbusters... eventually.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

5. Posted:

no, i mean normally they stick to screwing their own customers, but now they're screwing everyone else.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

6. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

No Sony is awesome.

Sony was awesome until the Playstation 3. Sony:People play the Wii in their closets.
Yeah right,Sony.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SilentJ

7. Posted:

Good for Sony. Sony doesn't screw it's own customers. It's Microsoft that screws Sony customers with their exclusive dlc for multi-platform games. At least Ghostbusters will be available for all consoles eventually, whereas the Microsoft exclusive dlc will never be available on the ps3.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

8. Posted:

Oh, someone sounds bitter...(cough Alex Says *cough)
I wouldn't call those situations really are really anything unfair or unexpected, though. It used to be that you could really go out and lock down exclusives, but those days are past, so I guess you have to try the next best thing. Remember, its not like all three haven't gotten their hands dirty at one point or another.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

9. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Sony was awesome until the Playstation 3. Sony:People play the Wii in their closets.

Of course their PR is going to say that.

Just like Nintendo said GTA was a fad because Rockstar didn't make one for the Gamecube.

Every company says thing to make themselves look better.

If that's your reason for Sony not being awesome then they've never been awesome. Neither has Microsoft or Nintendo.

SilentJ wrote:

Good for Sony. Sony doesn't screw it's own customers. It's Microsoft that screws Sony customers with their exclusive dlc for multi-platform games. At least Ghostbusters will be available for all consoles eventually, whereas the Microsoft exclusive dlc will never be available on the ps3.

Amen my brotha!

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

10. Posted:

Sony loves me and all its customers. We have a great relationship.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

11. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

SilentJ wrote:

Sony was awesome until the Playstation 3. Sony:People play the Wii in their closets.

Of course their PR is going to say that.

Just like Nintendo said GTA was a fad because Rockstar didn't make one for the Gamecube.

Every company says thing to make themselves look better.

If that's your reason for Sony not being awesome then they've never been awesome. Neither has Microsoft or Nintendo.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Good for Sony. Sony doesn't screw it's own customers. It's Microsoft that screws Sony customers with their exclusive dlc for multi-platform games. At least Ghostbusters will be available for all consoles eventually, whereas the Microsoft exclusive dlc will never be available on the ps3.

Amen my brotha!

No,that's not the reason I dislike Sony now. I dislike Sony because of the Playstation 3. Why do I dislike the Playstation 3? Simple:Lack of exclusive games. The Wii and Xbox 360 have more exclusive games then the Playstation 3. I have the Wii,Xbox 360,Playsation 2,Playstation 1 [which I don't play on anymore],Nintendo DS,Game Boy Advance,and Playstation Portable. But I don't have a Playststion 3 for this reason. List 5-10 good exclusive Playstation 3 games [besides Metal Gear Solid 4] and I MIGHT reconsider my opinon.
By the way,AlexSays,you switched our quotes around in your posts.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

12. Posted:

There is no lack of exclusive games for PS3. You aren't looking if you say that. I'm not going to rant or list them all, but we did have a similar discussion in one of the other PS3 threads. Of course, FFXIII's switch to multi-platform is going to hurt, but there are still quite a few others on the horizon, and a lot already released, many of which are quite excellent.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

13. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

List 5-10 good exclusive Playstation 3 games [besides Metal Gear Solid 4] and I MIGHT reconsider my opinon.

Like LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Killzone 2 & Resistance 2, Ratchet and Clank Future, WipEout HD, Warhawk, Comet Crash, Motorstorm, Super Stardust HD, and Flower?

And those are only games which are rated 84+ on Metacritic.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

14. Posted:

I enjoyed almost all of those. I would have gotten the system for Warhawk alone. The horizon doesn't look particularly bad either. Fat Princess looks amazing, and MAG is at the very least intriguing as a curiosity since this hasn't been done on consoles before.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Djungelurban

15. Posted:

I fail to see how Sony is screwing with anyone by doing this really. I mean, so it won't be released on all consoles at the same time but this is hardly new. Sure, I agree that the timing might be a sore point here but take a look at the majority of the 360 (timed) exclusive RPGs out there and tell me that they aren't (timed) exclusive just because of the fact that Microsoft threw huge amounts of money at the companies in question. That, I would say, is worse.

And on the subject of 360 exclusives... What are they? I mean, apart from like Halo 3 (and for the record, I really hate FPS games). I mean, everything "good" for the 360 are either third party games or available for PC aswell. All the other exclusives are like "51st generic action crap from the left" and... Ehm... Actually, there pretty much is nothing but generic action crap on the 360... Oh right, Rare titles... And we all know how good those games seem to be these days... The only exceptions are those previously mentioned RPG's and hopefully most of them will get ported eventually, I still have hope for Star Ocean 4.

Edited on by Djungelurban

My backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mastersworddude

16. Posted:

I don't care for the PS3 or the Ghostbusters game so i am okay.

Edited on by mastersworddude

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401