Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Sony patents Touch screen controller

Showing 61 to 80 of 133

AuthorMessage
LordTendoboy

LordTendoboy

61. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

because sticking buttons on an iPad is a genius idea that no one could have though of without Nintendo.

Regardless of what the Nintendo fanboys would like to think, Nintendo wasn't being creative with Wii U.

Whoooosh! The whole point of the Wii U flew way over your head. Nintendo isn't making a standalone tablet. They are making a handheld / game controller hybrid that integrates seamlessly with the home console.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[strong]PSN ID...

AuthorMessage
Bankai

Bankai

62. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

because sticking buttons on an iPad is a genius idea that no one could have though of without Nintendo.

Regardless of what the Nintendo fanboys would like to think, Nintendo wasn't being creative with Wii U.

Whoooosh! The whole point of the Wii U flew way over your head. Nintendo isn't making a standalone tablet. They are making a handheld / game controller hybrid that integrates seamlessly with the home console.

lol. No. Nintendo saw how awesome popular the iPad is, and decided to stick buttons on it.

Nintendo marketing then went about it's business, and we end up with quotes like the one above.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Gamesake

Gamesake

63. Posted:

Untitled

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Bankai

Bankai

64. Posted:

I'll not lie. I'd like that.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja

65. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

...

Whoooosh! The whole point of the Wii U flew way over your head. Nintendo isn't making a standalone tablet. They are making a handheld / game controller hybrid that integrates seamlessly with the home console.

lol. No. Nintendo saw how awesome popular the iPad is, and decided to stick buttons on it.

But didn't Nintendo say they were working on the tablet-controller design before the tablet market boomed? While I can't bring up a source, I'm sure they talked about the very early development of the Wii U and specifically mentioned that.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
[strong][url=http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja]My Backloggery...

AuthorMessage
Slapshot

Slapshot

66. Posted:

@V8_Ninja I've got no recollection of that.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Bankai

Bankai

67. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

...

Whoooosh! The whole point of the Wii U flew way over your head. Nintendo isn't making a standalone tablet. They are making a handheld / game controller hybrid that integrates seamlessly with the home console.

lol. No. Nintendo saw how awesome popular the iPad is, and decided to stick buttons on it.

But didn't Nintendo say they were working on the tablet-controller design before the tablet market boomed? While I can't bring up a source, I'm sure they talked about the very early development of the Wii U and specifically mentioned that.

Even if that is true (I don't remember seeing that anywhere), I find it rather convenient that the exact design Nintendo ended up with looks like a small iPad, with buttons.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
3Daniel

3Daniel

68. Posted:

it looks more like the lower half of a DS with additional analogue sticks.

3DS FC 2878-9587-9759
3Daniel - 3DS tag/wiiu id/colors id
wawigi #1

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

69. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

...

Whoooosh! The whole point of the Wii U flew way over your head. Nintendo isn't making a standalone tablet. They are making a handheld / game controller hybrid that integrates seamlessly with the home console.

lol. No. Nintendo saw how awesome popular the iPad is, and decided to stick buttons on it.

But didn't Nintendo say they were working on the tablet-controller design before the tablet market boomed? While I can't bring up a source, I'm sure they talked about the very early development of the Wii U and specifically mentioned that.

Even if that is true (I don't remember seeing that anywhere), I find it rather convenient that the exact design Nintendo ended up with looks like a small iPad, with buttons.

Like how the Move controller looks conveniently like a Wii Remote? Hmm

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon

70. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Even if that is true (I don't remember seeing that anywhere), I find it rather convenient that the exact design Nintendo ended up with looks like a small iPad, with buttons.

Like how the Move controller looks conveniently like a Wii Remote? Hmm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap~

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
zezhyrule

zezhyrule

71. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

Like how the Move controller looks conveniently like a Wii Remote? Hmm

What do you mean? They don't look the same at all, see?

Untitled

The one on the bottom... has a giant rubber ball so yeah u__u

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake:...

AuthorMessage
Bankai

Bankai

72. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

...

Whoooosh! The whole point of the Wii U flew way over your head. Nintendo isn't making a standalone tablet. They are making a handheld / game controller hybrid that integrates seamlessly with the home console.

lol. No. Nintendo saw how awesome popular the iPad is, and decided to stick buttons on it.

But didn't Nintendo say they were working on the tablet-controller design before the tablet market boomed? While I can't bring up a source, I'm sure they talked about the very early development of the Wii U and specifically mentioned that.

Even if that is true (I don't remember seeing that anywhere), I find it rather convenient that the exact design Nintendo ended up with looks like a small iPad, with buttons.

Like how the Move controller looks conveniently like a Wii Remote? Hmm

I don't think I ever claimed that with the Move, Sony didn't take one look at how popular the WiiMote was, and decided to do their own version?

The underlying technology is different, just as the Wii U's technology is different to the iPad. I'm not saying Nintendo copied the iPad wholesale, but I'm rather surprised the Nintendo fanboys continue to insist Sony is an unoriginal company that copies the ideas of the other companies, when Nintendo just did the same thing, blatantly so.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
MachineLaw

MachineLaw

73. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

...

Whoooosh! The whole point of the Wii U flew way over your head. Nintendo isn't making a standalone tablet. They are making a handheld / game controller hybrid that integrates seamlessly with the home console.

lol. No. Nintendo saw how awesome popular the iPad is, and decided to stick buttons on it.

But didn't Nintendo say they were working on the tablet-controller design before the tablet market boomed? While I can't bring up a source, I'm sure they talked about the very early development of the Wii U and specifically mentioned that.

Even if that is true (I don't remember seeing that anywhere), I find it rather convenient that the exact design Nintendo ended up with looks like a small iPad, with buttons.

Like how the Move controller looks conveniently like a Wii Remote? Hmm

I don't think I ever claimed that with the Move, Sony didn't take one look at how popular the WiiMote was, and decided to do their own version?

The underlying technology is different, just as the Wii U's technology is different to the iPad. I'm not saying Nintendo copied the iPad wholesale, but I'm rather surprised the Nintendo fanboys continue to insist Sony is an unoriginal company that copies the ideas of the other companies, when Nintendo just did the same thing, blatantly so.

It does the exact same thing independent of the technology used, it's a ripoff and there's nothing else to it. The Wii U on the other hand has nothing to do with an iPad, and I don't see how any of the iPad uses fit into the controller. They thought about giving developers a chance of showing another window aside from the one in front of the player. I think the concept is pretty cool and innovative, and that just by trying to copy the iPad they wouldn't have thought about all the new things this controller can bring to games.

Even if you insist that Nintendo copied Apple, at least understand that they are giving it very different uses than the ones on the iPad, something that can't be said about the Move. At least Kinect was a similar approach done in a very different way.

-2012 The Nintendo Year-

Wii U <3
3DS <3

AuthorMessage
k8sMum

k8sMum

74. Posted:

none of these companies exist in a vacuum. of course there are going to be similarities in design, functions etc. they would be foolish to not jump on each other's ideas. none of them exist for gaming, but because of gaming. they are in business to make money. they are not our family or best friends. they are corporations who provide products that we (hopefully) will want to purchase. none of them are white knights and none of them are demons. they are businesses, nothing more nor less.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

75. Posted:

Besides, how else would one design a tablet anyway?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
turtlelink

turtlelink

76. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

Besides, how else would one design a tablet anyway?

How else would someone design a remote?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

77. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

Besides, how else would one design a tablet anyway?

How else would someone design a remote?

Without a stupid looking ball at the end

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

78. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

Besides, how else would one design a tablet anyway?

How else would someone design a remote?

Without a stupid looking ball at the end

Makes for a great rave stick, that or searching for late night blood splatter. But at least it's got a wireless nunchuck, something that I've always wanted for the Wii 'from' Nintendo.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
komicturtle

komicturtle

79. Posted:

Point is Waltz: You call Nintendo on things. But on others, you don't.

Be consistent with the points you make. Or how about this? Don't bring it up at all.

The fact that you rag on people for saying the same ignorant things you say really doesn't look good at all.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

80. Posted:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Point is Waltz: You call Nintendo on things. But on others, you don't.

Be consistent with the points you make. Or how about this? Don't bring it up at all.

The fact that you rag on people for saying the same ignorant things you say really doesn't look good at all.

Even if you're right, he wont back down and admit it. Instead he'll just write more walls of never ending text defending his opinion. He's always right, or at least he seems to think so.

Currently Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!