Forums

Topic: Sony Nintendo

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

ffXoverlord

I really think sony and nintendo are to different to be put together, and also the Wii/ ps controller idea looks hideous!

ffXoverlord

Bankai

Oregano wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

I don't want an Apple Sony. I want the creativity of Nintendo to join with the business smarts of Sony. That way we get interesting consoles, like the 3DS and Wii, but backed with smarter business plans and better online capabilities.

Err.... have you seen the financials of Sony? Especially in comparison to Nintendo...?

Financials =/= smart business.

Oregano

Well I for one don't count losing money for the last couple of years smart business...especially in comparison to a company who has only had two quarters in the red since it went public.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

irken004

WaltzElf wrote:

Oregano wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

I don't want an Apple Sony. I want the creativity of Nintendo to join with the business smarts of Sony. That way we get interesting consoles, like the 3DS and Wii, but backed with smarter business plans and better online capabilities.

Err.... have you seen the financials of Sony? Especially in comparison to Nintendo...?

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=211

The_Fox

Probably too much bad blood for it ever to happen.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Oregano wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Agreed. Nintendo's made some wonderful marketing calls, but their business methods are...questionable, to say the least. I can't say I'm too confident that they'll be able to keep the good times rolling unless they can figure out how to fix some of their problems (poor treatment of third-parties, poor online, among many other things). Sony, on the other hand, has it good. Maybe they aren't as brilliant when it comes to marketing their consoles, but otherwise they tend to have some real business sense, and I highly doubt they'll be going anywhere any time soon, whether it's the console business, or business in general.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Oregano wrote:

Well I for one don't count losing money for the last couple of years smart business...especially in comparison to a company who has only had two quarters in the red since it went public.

You have to remember that making a loss doesn't necessarily mean a company is struggling.

Big corporations like Sony have business plans that last 10, 15, 20 years. You can look at the immediate situation at Sony and read certain things into it, or you can look at what Sony is actually doing in the marketplace, in terms of acquisitions, product positioning and so forth, and where the company is headed.

Nintendo isn't an acquisition-happy company. Which is ok as long as theree is room to organically grow, but Nintendo's just about tapped out on its current market, and relies very heavily on the success of each product and game release to remain viable. That's actually pretty risky.

Because Nintendo is a relatively small and focused company, too, it doesn't have the resources of a Sony or Microsoft. In the corporate environment out there, it's becomming increasingly difficult to be a small, focused company. Those are being acquiried by big, broad-based companies.

I'm not saying Nintendo is a bad business by any means, but I honestly would not be surprised to see it acquired in the next 10-15 years.

Edited on by Bankai

Corbs

I still think Microsoft and Sony need to combine their strengths on a handheld game system. Maybe together they could start making a dent in Nintendo's dominance of the portable market.

Plain old gamer :)

Slapshot

Corbie wrote:

I still think Microsoft and Sony need to combine their strengths on a handheld game system. Maybe together they could start making a dent in Nintendo's dominance of the portable market.

This is the ONLY kinda merge I would be in for. I dont think it will happen though as the new rumors of PSP2 are that it has the power of the X360.

Sony = High powered expensive top end consoles that start off at a loss for Sony but end up profitable in the end. Its great for the gamers and works with Sonys buisness models.

Nintendo = cheap systems running on older tech creating great games on dated hardware usually. Mixing the two compaines together would be like chopping the legs out from under both companies. With Microsofts massive push into the casual market I think a Microsoft/Nintendo merger would be better than a Sony/Nintendo.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.