Forums

Topic: Sony MOVE is as accurate as a $100,000 surgical simulator?

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

Slapshot

http://www.pushsquare.com/16990/playstation-moves-accuracy-li...

Mine is already preordered so I will soon know. I know all the videos I got on Qore that showed realtime demos and tech demos it looked dead-on accurate.

One thing that really impressed me was with Sports Championship (Wii Sports Rip-off) was with Ping Pong, in Wii Sports Resort with Motion Plus it added some wrist twisting to add spin somewhat accurately, but to hit the ball it still is taking the swing the paddle (waggle) = button press in wich the on screen character then swings to hit the ball. With Sports Championships its actually like having the paddle in your hand. You can see the paddle move exactly with the controller to the ball and if your not on the mark will swing right past it. No swing = button press at all. Then it has REAL disc golf on there too wich is the main reason Im buying

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

sykotek

...my fear of surgery has suddenly increased.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Corbs

I knew it was damn accurate from the play I did at E3. It was far beyond the Wii Motion Plus, that's for sure.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

V8_Ninja

I'm not sure if I smell a lie or not...

EDIT: Then again, I'm pretty sure I do.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

sykotek

I just don't like the idea of surgeons playing games like Trauma Team with a Wii/360/PS3 controller popping in my head in case, for some reason, I end up waiting for surgery in the future.

Edit: Added video
[youtube:Ghb_ZXg4E-0]
This is from a ridiculous TV show my girlfriend is currently watching. At about 1:10, for some reason, combining that with surgery scares the $#!+ outta me.

Edited on by sykotek

JebbyDeringer

Sony loves to exaggerate everything. The original PS3 specs were ludicrous.

JebbyDeringer

Adam

The comparison is ludicrously over the top. It wouldn't cost $100,000 if Sony can put it out there for under $100.

The table tennis info is nice though. Resort's table tennis was certainly an improvement from Sports's tennis, but matches quickly became very boring, and I wasn't compelled to play Return mode over and over.

Disc golf seemed fine, though I've unfortunately not had the opportunity to play real disc golf.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

sykotek

@JebbyDeringer: The finished product will likely not be as impressive since part of the processing power will need to go to the software that handles capturing all that information.
@zezhyrule: Bring me back a Gray's Sports Almanac 2010-whenever when you come back.

Hokori

Oh well for me its not the Graphics or how accurate the movement is its about the games and how fun they are.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Stuffgamer1

You can say it's Sony's exaggeration, but that doesn't really make sense if it's a quote from an actual surgeon. Unless you mean to suggest that they paid the surgeon to say that, which seems a bit too conspiracy theorist even for me.

@Corbie: Y'know what? That's the first time I think I've heard you say anything about non-Nintendo E3 experiences. I'd kind of assumed you were too busy with Nintendo stuff to do anything else.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Corbs

I might have snuck in a little Kinect and Move in between my rigorous workload.

Plain old gamer :)

Slapshot

@Corbie... so Ive already bought the thing, mostly for Heavy Rain and as stated before the Disc Golf on Sports Championships (hint, hint I got a actual disc golf tournament this weekend ). If you dont mind me asking you.... are my statements on the MOVE accurate to what I got out of the video with the ping pong on Sports Championship? It did look as if it plays as close to the real thing as it comes, and Sony stated in Qore (PS3 exclusive vidz) that a actual pro in the sports could pick up MOVE and actually play the way they do in real life accurately in the game as in real life.

Im not knocking Wii Motion Plus at all, as Im still having a blast in Resort. The last get together we had ended up with several of us in tears and my little brother and me rolling around on the floor waggling the remotes to death in swordfighting until we couldnt breath. Its a blast but its also not what I expected it to be. Its just not the living sword feel I thought it would be. If MOVE really is like this then MOVE will actually be something extrodinary!

The_Fox

Of course it's hyperbole. It's nowhere near as accurate as those machines. They have to make the slightest microscopic movements no motion controlled game peripheral could replicate.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Slapshot

The Fox wrote:

Of course it's hyperbole. It's nowhere near as accurate as those machines. They have to make the slightest microscopic movements no motion controlled game peripheral could replicate.

Exactly... but the fact that a surgeon that uses the actual machines has compared MOVE to the accuracy of it it pretty dang outstanding. Im sure if you break it down to microscopic scale its NOWHERE as accurate but for the naked eye, I think that is what the doctor meant. Basically from what Ive seen on MOVE its WAY better than what I intially expected!

turtlelink

The awesome part is that its only like $50.
Plus the other "Nunchuck" for $30
I won't get the bundle. Really all i will use it for is LBP2 and Tron (if it plays like the Tron i played)

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Slapshot

The nunchuk is optional as u can use the ps3 dualshock instead.

turtlelink

slapshot82 wrote:

The nunchuk is optional as u can use the ps3 dualshock instead.

?
Wait so you hold the controller and the remote at the same time? Untitled

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Slapshot

Yeah the dualshock can be easily held in your left hand with the use of the left analog stick and the L1 and L2 buttons for analog movement. Granted Ill be grabbing my actual nunchuk controller with it and not using that set-up.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.