Forums

Topic: Sony being sued because Killzone: Shadow Fall MP is not 1080p

Posts 1 to 20 of 64

8BitSamurai

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-sued-because-killzone-s...

The suit, filed by a gamer by the name of Douglas Ladore in U.S. District Court in California yesterday, claims that gamers "quickly noticed and complained that Killzone's multiplayer graphics were blurry to the point of distraction." This is despite Sony having claimed the game would offer "'1080p' multiplayer graphics, a crowning achievement in the video game industry," and having even featured the 1080p figure on the game's box.

Ladore is seeking to prevent Sony from continuing to advertise the game as being 1080p, and is looking for damages--to the tune of more than $5 million.

Is this real life?

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths

5 million dollars LOL!

He's going to pay for all the legal fees to be rewarded a refund for 70 USD.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Zanark

5 million dollars? Makes one wonder how people even think of these numbers.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Kaze_Memaryu

I don't think this guy gets it. When the box says "1080p", then it means it supports 1080p quality, not the full resolution stretch.
Buuuut this America, and it's part of his freedom to be a jerk about it...

Edited on by LzWinky

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

kenzo

Thats not a 'p' in 1080p - as in 1080 lines progressive.

Its actually Sony poking its tongue at you suckers.

kenzo

Jazzer94

People are stupid I hope these idiots lose.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

19Robb92

The only winner of off this would be the lawyer.. I don't even get why the guy bothers suing them.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

RobbEJay

While normally I'd probably be all for a company receiving its just deserts for such actions, technically, Killzone is "1080P" even if its not what people might've expected, so Sony didn't exactly lie about it.

At any rate, Mr.Ladore kinda missed the boat on his lawsuit, considering he bought the game six months after launch, and appearently is just now suing three months later. His claim that they "tricked" 2mil. people into buying Killzone is flawed and ancedotal at best, since he obviously has no evidence to prove it. This seems to me he just wants his 5 minutes of fame, the guy just wants attention and maybe a quick buck. Or at least I hope so, the alternative is hes actually this naive.

Edited on by RobbEJay

RobbEJay

6ch6ris6

@MAB please give me the video link to that!!

@topic LOL

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Einherjar

For starters, this whole resolution debate is total bogus.
Sneak into anyones living room and set their consoles to 720p without them knowing, and most of them wont even notice it. Those that do notice and / or complain about it are tech enthusiasts who are not there for the game, but to rub their beep against all the high res, high poly graphiX...
Why didnt he already sue GTA V ? The multiplayer also paled graphically compared to the single player. Textures were downlampled, some vanity stuff in the backround was missing etc. But the box didnt read "WARNING - Multiplayer may look more beepy compared to the single player"
But stuff like that is the reason that peanut tins warn people that they MAY contain peanuts.

Whats next ? Sueing nintendo for the claim "Mario is back" because he was never really gone ?

Edited on by theblackdragon

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

NinChocolate

Someone needs to talk to a lawer about Mario Kart 8 only being 59 FPS. Could maybe get a few million for that one, who knows?

NinChocolate

CaviarMeths

Makes me wonder what sort of hurt feelings I can cash in for millions.

The other day I went to Subway and they were out of Parmesan Oregano, my favorite bread. That's gotta be worth at least $800,000 in emotional damage.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

6ch6ris6

Einherjar wrote:

Whats next ? Sueing nintendo for the claim "Mario is back" because he was never really gone ?

LMFAO !!!

i also sign the rest of your statement. tbh i think most people don't even notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps. at least i never have. years ago no one talked about that.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

HankLangley

LOLOLOL, Watch him win, that would be HILARIOUS!

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

CrazyOtto

I saw this a second after I saw the fish playing Pokemon article, I can't believe that fish a could be smarter than a human.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Spoony_Tech

What has this come too. In a world where we can already sue for just about anything now this is happening. First Aliens and now this. Lawyers are to blame for this and not the people suing. They will take anything to earn a dollar and a reputation.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

This is the problem with this generation of gamers. We've all gotten WAY too caught up in graphics, frame rate, resolution and the like that we've resorted to suing, raging, and boycotting over the smallest differences compared to what the companies state that game features.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SkywardLink98

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

This is the problem with this generation of gamers. We've all gotten WAY too caught up in graphics, frame rate, resolution and the like that we've resorted to suing, raging, and boycotting over the smallest differences compared to what the companies state that game features.

This doesn't really have to do with gamers, as (if you haven't heard of this before, I'd be really surprised) McDonald's was sued because it's coffee was too hot and it hospitalized someone. Anybody will sue anybody over anything.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Ralizah

Yeah, I'm sure Sony's legal team is shivering in fear.

People will sue anybody for anything, now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

LzWinky

Think about the greedy lawyers too...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.