Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Sonic Adventure 2 HD issues

Showing 1 to 12 of 12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

1. Posted:

I've been playing Sonic Adventure 2 HD like crazy all weekend, on my Xbox 360, and I noticed a few things aren't looking right (i've played a lot of SA2B on GC in the past that helped me notice :p)

Here are a couple things I've noticed wrong :

-When you collect chaos drives or animals, they scroll to the right side of the screen, and are supposed to be unseen at that point. For some reason, a couple of them still stick out on the screen where you can see them.

-On the level select screen, the part of the map with the ARK has a big nothingness on the right hand side of the screen. Also, I think Final Rush and Cannons Core, are in the wrong places.

-When someone uses a hint computer in two player treasure hunting, it comes out sort of mixed up.

-The title screen (Battle version) is off center. The dark characters are somewhat cut off and the chao are not in the middle.

-The menu screen themes are off center. It's almost like they are zoomed in too far.

-In the last story, two of the scenes for some reason, where really dark.

Has anyone else noticed these things or something similar??? Any ideas on what I should do? I don't want to redownload if it's going to erase my data.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

2. Posted:

Nope cause I'm still playing it the way it should be played. On the Dreamcast.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

3. Posted:

I wish the battle mode could of used cpu or online multiplayer instead of local multiplayer.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

4. Posted:

yeah I do wish they had at least online for chao.
The dreamcast one was great, but I think it got a little better with battle, and then this 360 release minus the issues I mentioned of course. The achievements give a little bit more motivation to play again, along with the leaderboards.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

5. Posted:

So does no one have any idea what may cause this issues or if they can be fixed?
Another thought that I came up with, is maybe it's the way I have my 360 set up for HD settings with my TV or something. I don't know.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

6. Posted:

Issues caused by porting. Nothing 1000 updates can't fix.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

7. Posted:

I've never played the original, but the only thing I'd change is the audio levels. It's hard to hear the character voices when music vocals are singing, at least on the PS3 version.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

8. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Nope cause I'm still playing it the way it should be played. On the GameCube.

True words.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

9. Posted:

All simply to do with converting the game to widescreen. They're not going to go away and don't indicate anything wrong with your set-up.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

10. Posted:

This has been sitting a while and this is still an issue for me (read the first post on this thread).

Like @Raylax mentioned, is this just a hopeless situation due to my tv??

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

11. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

This has been sitting a while and this is still an issue for me (read the first post on this thread).

Like @Raylax mentioned, is this just a hopeless situation due to my tv??

Nonono. Your TV has nothing to do with it. Sonic Adventure 2 was originally developed as a 4:3 game. That means HUD elements have to be moved to the edges of the screen for the widescreen version, or else they'll be floating near the middle (which would look odd). One problem is that HUD elements that move - like the list of Chao items - were originally programmed only to move far enough to be off-screen in 4:3. Widescreen is... well, wider, so they don't move far enough. Hence they poke out the side a bit. Lazy coding on Sega's part? Possibly. Depends largely on what access they had to the original source code of a 12-year-old game though, and budget / time constraints.

It's the same story with the image for the level map. It was designed for a 4:3 screen. There's suddenly a whole load of extra space to the right, so the blank area off its right edge is visible.

Hint computer issue is bad porting with a healthy splash of buggy original game.

Themes off-center are again a widescreen issue. The images were drawn for 4:3, 16:9 suddenly has a load of extra space so they have to zoom everything in or have great big black bars down either side.

Dark scenes, no idea. Porting issues, most likely.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

12. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

This has been sitting a while and this is still an issue for me (read the first post on this thread).

Like @Raylax mentioned, is this just a hopeless situation due to my tv??

Nonono. Your TV has nothing to do with it. Sonic Adventure 2 was originally developed as a 4:3 game. That means HUD elements have to be moved to the edges of the screen for the widescreen version, or else they'll be floating near the middle (which would look odd). One problem is that HUD elements that move - like the list of Chao items - were originally programmed only to move far enough to be off-screen in 4:3. Widescreen is... well, wider, so they don't move far enough. Hence they poke out the side a bit. Lazy coding on Sega's part? Possibly. Depends largely on what access they had to the original source code of a 12-year-old game though, and budget / time constraints.

It's the same story with the image for the level map. It was designed for a 4:3 screen. There's suddenly a whole load of extra space to the right, so the blank area off its right edge is visible.

Hint computer issue is bad porting with a healthy splash of buggy original game.

Themes off-center are again a widescreen issue. The images were drawn for 4:3, 16:9 suddenly has a load of extra space so they have to zoom everything in or have great big black bars down either side.

Dark scenes, no idea. Porting issues, most likely.

Right. Sorry I kinda worded it funny by blaming the TV :p.
I would just think they would have made considered the changes in most TV's since 10 years ago and maybe even tested the game out on a widescreen tv before releasing it, but I guess not. But hey, I don't work for Sega, so maybe that's more work then it sounds.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744