Forums

Topic: So... That PSP2

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

komicturtle

Are any of you looking forward to it?

As for me, I'm mildly interested but seeing how Sony hasn't been giving any effort on the PSP- or at least as much as they 'claim' to be, I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon when it releases. And I'm expecting it to be much more expensive than the 3DS and I know there aren't going to be many games that would interest me- until Ratchet&Clank and Monster Hunter shows up.

And I've been thinking about selling my 2 year old PSP slim- something I don't want to do but also want to because I just see nothing coming out that 'captures' my interest and the really sad support for Little Big Planet PSP which is the reason why I even got it in 2008 of Christmas (heard that they were making LBP PSP at that time).

komicturtle

bboy2970

I expect a PSP with better graphics.....Not terribly exciting but hey, that's Sony for you. Probably they will attempt to increase the exposure of the online shop components. Other than that though, I'm not expecting much and will not be picking one up until many many years down the road for cheap.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

komicturtle

bboy2970 wrote:

I expect a PSP with better graphics.....Not terribly exciting but hey, that's Sony for you. Probably they will attempt to increase the exposure of the online shop components. Other than that though, I'm not expecting much and will not be picking one up until many many years down the road for cheap.

Well, it's rumored that it's graphics capabilites are up to speed on 'earlier PS3' titles. And the dual analog sticks should make it akin- somewhat to the dualshock controllers. Just the fact that EVERYTHING is digital and takes form of the PSPGo (personally don't mind the design, I like the GBA-like design on the original variations of the PSP). Sony really has to DO something to really push people to the PSP2 if they want to compete with the 3DS.

And I expect when one 'beautiful' game is revealed, you'll be seeing "Yo, the PSP2 is going to own the 3DS", but I just see that as a repeat of 2004, where people said the same thing of the PSP vs DS, and clearly, the DS was and still is the winner overall. Much more appealing. And Sony needs to push support for this system, because they promised to promote the PSP 'so much with Marcus' last year at E3, and that obviously was not the case.

komicturtle

TTGlider

I think the backside trackpad could be very cool. And actually, I really look forward to seeing an even higher-resolution screen, perhaps actual 720p, in a gaming handheld. I'd say I'm about equally interested in the PSP2 and 3DS at this point. The rumor that the PSP2 would use solid-state for retail games rather than being download-only heightened my interest in the PSP2. As I don't have a PSP, the rumor that it will lose UMD backwards compatibility isn't a big issue.

TTGlider

CanisWolfred

I am. Only because I want Nintendo to continue having more competition. As always competition is good. The better they do with the PSP2, the more Nintendo will do better to ensure the 3DS does well, and that can only spell good fortune for the consumers.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

pikku

Mickeymac wrote:

I am. Only because I want Nintendo to continue having more competition. As always competition is good. The better they do with the PSP2, the more Nintendo will do better to ensure the 3DS does well, and that can only spell good fortune for the consumers.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.