Forums

Topic: shoudl i get a xbox 360 or a Laptop

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

Jadman950

I like world of warcraft and sims 3 but the xbox 360 has games i like but it cant surf the web

Jadman950

The_Fox

That's kind of a odd choice. If you're just looking for games, get the 360. But if you're going to need the laptop for other things (websurfing. etc) then maybe you should get a laptop. Just keep in mind a decent gaming laptop will run you more and have less options for customization than a regular computer.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Majora

A lot of 360 games can be played in a PC (Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, Elders Scrolls IV, Fallout 3, Portal, BioShock, Braid, Mass Effect...), even with a Xbox controller and a lot of them without a high requisites. If you have another console (I expect a Nintendo one), and need a laptop for other things like work, buy with no doubt a laptop.

Majora

Funky_Gamer

I would go with the laptop. Or just wait for the NEXT big thing to come out.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Spagem

Laptop

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Xkhaoz

If you really want to get into PC gaming, go desktop. Easier to upgrade fo sho.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

the_shpydar

Should i get a dog or a bicycle?

Seriously though, the two are not comparable.

If you're looking to get something just for gaming, then get a 360, since it's cheaper.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HaastMK7

Neither

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

RR529

If you're main concern is games, go for the 360 (probably cheaper than a decent gaming PC anyways). Also, Microsoft is bringing Internet Explorer to 360 this fall (and it already has a free YouTube app).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JTC-Pingas

Laptop. No point in wasting time with welfare peasant trash.

JTC-Pingas

SirSmugleaf

Well there is going to be a web browser on the xbox later this year, and it's a better gaming platform than a laptop...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

RobbEJay

What games are on the 360 that you like? Are they exclusives or multiplats? Is local multiplayer important to you? If its purely for gaming then a 360 would be the more affordable choice. Do you need a laptop to take to school or something because otherwise a desktop would be the better choice.They're more affordable compared to laptops with similar specs and you can upgrade them rather than get a whole new one, if all you want are games like Fallout, Mass Effect, or The Elderscrolls that are on both you can have the best of both worlds

RobbEJay

SirSmugleaf

Well remember that most laptops (except for dedicated gaming ones) aren't that great to run games on.
I have a macbook, for example, and it sometimes struggles to even play a relatively small game like Bastion!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

irken004

Laptops overheat easily, so it should be 360 vs gaming desktop. In that case, go with gaming desktop.

You can get full games like Bioshock for like $5 on Steam sales.

Tomires

I'd suggest a PC, if not for other things than gaming, then for specific genres that are simply meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard, most prominently FPS' and RTS'. You can also choose from a wide variety of emulators and from lots and lots of indie games. Games are cheaper due to frequent sales and devs get a better cut, because they don't have to pay 30+% to console manufacturers. And as a nice bonus, you can try developing your own game, too

Tomires

GazPlant

Laptop. I got my laptop for gaming a few years back, haven't regretted it

Twitter: @GazPlant

3DS Friend Code: 4553-9948-5652 | Nintendo Network ID: GazPlant | Twitter:

Chris720

Depends on how much your willing to shell out since decent dedicated gaming laptops/desktops over here go for around the £1000 mark. So if you want it for just gaming you should just go with a 360 since you can find Elite's for around £100-£200. But if you want something primarily for multitasking and internet browsing then maybe a laptop would be your better choice.

Ultimately it depends on how much you want to spend and what you want it for.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

SubBronze

If you already have a PS3, 100% go for the laptop, it is much more practical in the long run.

If you don't have a PS3, I would still say to go for the laptop as long as it has high enough specs for WoW and Sims, but most laptops these days can run them anyway. Just check the required specs for the games you want before you buy.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

moomoo

Guys...
He asked this over 3 years ago...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.