Forums

Topic: Sega Announcement on 3/28/2013

Posts 1 to 20 of 47

SammyOfMobius

As some of you already know, Sega is going to make a surprise game announcement on March 28th, 2013. What could it be? Nobody knows, and that hourglass-based sphere isn't giving us any clues either. All we know is that it's coming to PS3 and PS Vita. People are suspecting it could be:
-A new Sonic game
-A new Yazuka game
-A new entry to the Valkyria Chronicles franchise
-A new Virtua Strikers game
-A new Panzer Dragoon
-A new IP
What could it be? It's anyone's guess, really. I hope it's Sonic's next game. We'll find out in less than 3 days, so stay tuned! In the mean time, please comment below.
Link: http://sega.jp/20130328/

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Peach64

Even though I know it's never going to happen, a tiny part of me always hopes it's Shenmue 3. It's probably going to be the next Yakuza game.

Peach64

SammyOfMobius

I dearly hope it's a new Sonic announcement.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

CanisWolfred

I'm guessing an End of Eternity sequel, known in the West as Resonance of Fate.

I'm hoping it's a Shining or Valkyria Chronicles sequel, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

lightbringer

I'd hope for another Shining game too but unless Camelot somehow decided to work with Sega again on the Shining games, we're going end up with another mediocre action-RPG.

"This sword shall always be the sword of the oppressed. I swear it again now!"

3DS Friend Code: 1778-9775-6886

Platypus

It's Sonic Dash 2!

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

BenAV

I honestly can't even remember the last time I played a SEGA game that wasn't either terrible or mediocre, so I can't say I really care about what they have to announce any more.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

A sequel to Sonic 06

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

SammyOfMobius

Sonic 06 2? Um, no. Please don't ask Sega to make a sequel to one of the worst games of all-time. Either Sonic Adventure 3, Sonic Heroes 2, or just a new non-numbered Sonic game would be much better.

SammyOfMobius

@CanisWolfred Um, Sonic Adventure 2 was epic and awesome and so was Sonic Heroes. They both were fast and fun like the Genesis Sonic platformers, they didn't have floaty and awkward controls (even though daytime Unleashed gameplay is still pretty epic), they were classics, and they had everything a great Sonic game needed. Knuckles and Rouge's gameplay had lots of exploration even if they were very long and Tails and Eggman's stages were pretty neat. Sonic Heroes improved upon the concept because every character played like Sonic did with their own unique abilities and as a team they could pull off moves that Sonic couldn't do alone. But Sonic Adventure 2 had the best Sonic levels, even better than Sonic Heroes or any other 3D Sonic game besides Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Adventure. Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes were great games, don't hate on them. Hate on Sonic '06; that game actually deserves it.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

moomoo

@MultiMariosonic You're entitled to your opinion, but... those games have not aged well. At all. By modern standards, those games are hard to enjoy today (especially SA2).

Anyways, I'm hoping for Valkyria Chronicles news. I really want to get the 3rd one in English. Maybe it's getting put on PS3 and Vita?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

RR529

I actually enjoyed SA2 back in the day (mostly due to me & my friend screwing around in the Chao gardens), but I never really was a fan of Heroes (It just never seemed nearly as fun as SA2, IMO).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

moomoo

@RR529 Oh man, Chao gardens. Easily my favorite pet sims (even though they're self-contained in an action platformer game).

Also, with new systems coming, there's a solid chance we'll see a new IP. We usually see those at the beginning of a console generation.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

TwilightV

Skies Of Arcadia 2 and a rerelease of the original!

Edit: Anything from Shenmue or Space Channel 5 would be nice too.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

SammyOfMobius

I respect you guys' opinions about Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes. What I think about those two games doesn't have to be what you guys think of those games, and vice versa. So lets get back on topic. We only have 48 hours till the announcement! How awesome is that! We're almost there...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.