Forums

Topic: Rumor: Xbox successor codename is "Ten". Expected release Holiday 2012.

Posts 41 to 52 of 52

shingi_70

BenAV wrote:

I had the original Xbox and it's the least favourite console I've ever owned.
Never played it much at all.
I'm done with Microsoft as far as consoles are concerned.

So your allowing the first generation of a console spoil your entire conception of a brand.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ravage

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

I like that logo a lot. I love how the X is superimposed on the conjoined "O's".

But the name... "Xbox Loop"? It's just another name for "Xbox 360". 360 degrees = full circle = loop

The name means little. The symbol means a lot though. It has to be easily recognizable and visually appealing.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

BenAV

shingi_70 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

I had the original Xbox and it's the least favourite console I've ever owned.
Never played it much at all.
I'm done with Microsoft as far as consoles are concerned.

So your allowing the first generation of a console spoil your entire conception of a brand.

Unless they can provide something that looks exciting enough for me to feel like I must have it.
I've never once regretted not owning an Xbox 360.
I don't have a PS3 either, but if I was getting more money then I probably would.
Unfortunately, at the moment, I only get enough money to cover one home console and one handheld so I have to pick my favourite and stick with it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

yeah, unless you're obsessed with downloadable titles, there is basically no point in having a 360 instead of a PS3

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

yeah, unless you're obsessed with downloadable titles, there is basically no point in having a 360 instead of a PS3

Or your a techie and want tight integration between computer/phone/and console. Or your like me who want's a one box device and use my 360 as a set top box or to cut the cord with the services not available on the ps3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

komicturtle

If they come up with a name like "Loop", it will be successful if things fall into place. Easy to say and recognizable.

komicturtle

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Or your a techie and want tight integration between computer/phone/and console. Or your like me who want's a one box device and use my 360 as a set top box or to cut the cord with the services not available on the ps3.

that was important for having more fun games to get

no, no it wasn't

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that was important for having more fun games to get

no, no it wasn't

Like it or not next gen will not rely only on the games but services that the consoles have. If the end of this gen and just how content is Distributed now has told us anything. Look back a few years ago when Netflix and Hulu hit the scene they were considered hot stuff. Now everyone has them and just those two haven't got anywhere near killing the cable companies. Its not like anyone haven't tried. Boxxe, Roku, apple tv, and Google tv have all tried but are missing something. Its a combination of having to hook more than one box up and content providers blocking the Ip's pf these devices. Between that and Having an ecosystem that the other console Manufacter's can't match.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

the only things I cared about I can get on my computer. And they're better on my computer too most likely.

and yeah, telling me about non-gaming things on gaming consoles is the quickest way for me to not care AT ALL. Good games or go away.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Magi

kkslider5552000 wrote:

and yeah, telling me about non-gaming things on gaming consoles is the quickest way for me to not care AT ALL. Good games or go away.

Speaking as a person who utilizes his gaming machines for things other than gaming, I do appreciate that my xbox, ps3, and Wii can do other things like access Netflix and play DVD's and Blu-Ray movies. It's also decent cost savings because I don't have to purchase other machines (DVD player, Blu-Ray player, Netflix-enabled device, Hulu-enabled device, etc etc). I'm also thrilled with the possibility that Xbox may be offering some sort of satellite-like tv service in the future. The XBox (and PS3 I think) also make pretty decent multimedia servers and can store things like movies, tv shows, and music that I can view throughout my home over my wireless network.

The future seems to be leaning towards one all-inclusive box and, at least as they seem to be progressing so far, that's just fine and dandy with me. You're preference is entirely valid and I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying that, in general, the majority seems to prefer the Swiss-Army-Knife approach or Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Apple wouldn't be pushing all these extra features

Magi

The_Fox

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There is, but do we really want to dig this up?

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

shingi_70

Found a post on Neogaf that better articulates what I was trying to saw. (i'm a better speaker than writer thanks to debate.

My prediction is that the Xbox3 wont be geared towards gamers (and all youse gaffers will CRAH)

Oh it'll have a respectable processor, a decent GPU, and a healthy dose of extra ram, but the thing will be modern existing tech, not cutting edge. It'll be priced slightly lower, definitely less than $400 for the cheapest SKU, and be focused around using the Kinect (2.0?) as a living room centerpiece. It'll have a sizable HD focused around downloading media, exchanging pictures, but more importantly, purchasing living room apps. MS will attempt to do what apple TV could not and take over the living room using the xbox brand and kinect functionality as a trojan horse. They will attempt to start a new cheap app market centered around micro-content in the living room. It'll also attempt to replace cable as the standard provider for movies and shows. Gaming will of course be emphasized each year at E3 or other trade events, but really they'll be focusing more on ways to make money through digitial distribution of products other than games. The thing will have full cross compatibility with windows 8 and allow seamless media sharing between multiple devices. Windows phones and laptops will automatically sync folders you want to share between devices when within your home network. There will be apps that work on both phones and on the Xbox3 (via kinect). You'll be able to communicate and share content with other people on the xbox live network through their phone, computer, or console.

So does that appeal to anyone else.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.