Forums

Topic: Rumor: Xbox successor codename is "Ten". Expected release Holiday 2012.

Posts 21 to 40 of 52

Magi

Knux wrote:

Even if it launches next year, there is no way I am buying a new Microsoft console at launch. The last thing I need is another RROD.

They took the red lights out of the "Ten" and replaced them with purple, so now no RROD.

Magi

Raylax

It does what Nintendon't.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

shingi_70

Even If this does launch next year i'm still going to get a Wii U and just make due with the 360 for a year. Otherwise most of my big purchases would be Microsoft next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

komicturtle

Isn't the new Halo Trilogy set to be on 360? That's what was said. Surely, MS will keep the 360 for a bit before dropping support. Nintendo seems to want to keep the DS and Wii alive for a bit when 3DS and WiiU take over, as said by Iwata.

It'll be cool to see what MS' next system looks like and what it does. I'll be getting WiiU either way. Plus, I've said this before: I see MS struggling next gen. They rely too too much on 3rd parties and when Nintendo's new console gets all the 3rd party AAA titles seen on other platforms plus Nintendo's own exclusives, it may leave a big dent on MS. Sony will do fine, as recently they have been acquiring studios to make exclusive games on their platforms and we know PS3 gets the same 3rd party support 360 has.

MS really needs to start building and expanding their own gaming division if they want to survive or just do well. Kinect has potential but without their own support (MS hasn't been doing much for Kinect compared to other parties), Kinect will be stumbling. Surely, the nextbox will incorporate kinect to keep that appeal. It's just the software is a concern.

komicturtle

shingi_70

Oddly enough Microsoft has a rich IP and could kill a launch with one of every genre.

I could see them TPing Halo 4

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

komicturtle

Well, MS does have Age of Empires and Mechassault (which the games were also on DS actually), but those games havn't been made in a long time for 360 as far as I know. Plus, they have Rare.. shame they aren't the same and they are focusing on Kinect when they should also be using their rich properties (Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Kameo, Conker...) They got it but they refuse to use it. Which really sucks.

komicturtle

DarkLloyd

if true then i will be getting the vita, wii u and the new xbox next year lol man glad im a single person

DarkLloyd

shingi_70

BlackFira wrote:

if true then i will be getting the vita, wii u and the new xbox next year lol man glad im a single person

Im young and single too but my main purchases for next year are.

Lumia 800 (windows phone)
Window's 8 tablet
Cannon T3i
Wii U

Also on the Ip front don't forget

Black and White
Fable
Crackdown
Splosion man
Comic Jumper
fusion genesis
illomilo
Alan Wake

WAT!

kkslider5552000

KomicZ wrote:

Nintendo seems to want to keep the DS and Wii alive for a bit when 3DS and WiiU take over, as said by Iwata.

Well Nintendo apparently doesn't want the Wii alive before Wii U takes over so I doubt that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Looks like Rumors are lining up as Major Nelson has been tweeting about CES 2012 alot today.

WAT!

DarkLloyd

shingi_70 wrote:

Looks like Rumors are lining up as Major Nelson has been tweeting about CES 2012 alot today.

if its true then i have to wonder about halo 4 being a 360 game, we all know by now the ten but i prefer the 720 lol would be backwards compatible so the question remain is are they going to make a 720 version with probably nothing more then a tiny bump in graphics?

its going to be interesting espically for the advertisment since they are going to want to sell the next one very well

DarkLloyd

shingi_70

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

if its true then i have to wonder about halo 4 being a 360 game, we all know by now the ten but i prefer the 720 lol would be backwards compatible so the question remain is are they going to make a 720 version with probably nothing more then a tiny bump in graphics?

its going to be interesting espically for the advertisment since they are going to want to sell the next one very well

ten is just the codename with Loop being the rumored name.

WAT!

DarkLloyd

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

so Xbox Loop huh? the logo better be cool looking then of course if thats the case im going to call it Xbox Fruit Loops lol

DarkLloyd

shingi_70

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

so Xbox Loop huh? the logo better be cool looking then of course if thats the case im going to call it Xbox Fruit Loops lol

Untitled

WAT!

DarkLloyd

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

BlackFira wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

well thats an idea hopfully someone mocks up a game case with the rumour named

DarkLloyd

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

I like that logo a lot. I love how the X is superimposed on the conjoined "O's".

But the name... "Xbox Loop"? It's just another name for "Xbox 360". 360 degrees = full circle = loop

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

I like that a lot. I love how the X is superimposed on the conjoined "O's".

Never noticed that good find.

WAT!

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

I like that a lot. I love how the X is superimposed on the conjoined "O's".

Never noticed that good find.

WAT!

BenAV

I had the original Xbox and it's the least favourite console I've ever owned.
Never played it much at all.
I'm done with Microsoft as far as consoles are concerned.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.