Forums

Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken

Posts 101 to 120 of 138

Knux

It's more like Capcom wanted to milk the eff out of Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter rather than develop original Mega Man games. The problem is teasing the fans about MML3 and canceling it when everyone's hopes were high.

Capcom is making Sega look angelic.

Knux

komicturtle

See, and I don't dispute that Capcom is trying to milk their franchises. Then again, pretty much every company does.

My point is that people were for playing as Box Art Megaman back then, but now they got the chance, they're throwing a fit.

That's all I was trying to get at.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Chrono_Cross

If you disagree with Komic's points do some research so you actually know what's going on.

@Knux
That would be impossible.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

komicturtle

@VJ

And I don't care if people disagree or agree. It's just a shame people can't, like you say, do some of their own research and come to their own conclusion instead of following the leader. What I said was basically my opinion, based on facts and information I gathered :/

komicturtle

Chrono_Cross

@Komic
Right. Also it's common sense. If you think about it MML3 wasn't going to sell either way. It doesn't have the fanbase to support a profit. And it's all about the money.

Now if you want to get technical where the #$ is my Mega Man Universe? I have no idea what happened with all that but dang. That. Looked. Amazing.

Just for you.

komicturtle

We probably won't ever know... Maybe 10 years from now. Usually, people start to open up about stuff like that :3

komicturtle

LordTendoboy

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

@Komic
Right. Also it's common sense. If you think about it MML3 wasn't going to sell either way. It doesn't have the fanbase to support a profit. And it's all about the money.

Now if you want to get technical where the #$ is my Mega Man Universe? I have no idea what happened with all that but dang. That. Looked. Amazing.

Mega Man Universe certainly looked ambitious, like a souped up version of Mega Man Powered Up, but the art style was just ugly. The whole game should have been 8-bit, not some crappy hybrid of 3D characters mixed with flat backgrounds.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Chrono_Cross

I liked the visuals. They weren't 8bit or 16bit or anything we've before in 2-D. That's why I liked it. I also seen many stages that gave me a nostalgic adrenaline rush.

Just for you.

Tasuki

Just ordered the Special Edition on the Xbox 360 from Amazon. I cant wait for this one two of my favorite fighting game franchises go at it. Anyone else picking this one up?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Bass_X0

Knux wrote:

It's more like Capcom wanted to milk the eff out of Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter rather than develop original Mega Man games. The problem is teasing the fans about MML3 and canceling it when everyone's hopes were high.

Make up your mind.

Mega Man is the most milked series ever created in videogames. You could probably work it out at an average of four different games released every year since 1987 (at a guess).

And yet you complain when Capcom milks a series. You should be thankful by your own admission that Capcom has stopped milking one of their characters.

Either you want to be milked or you don't.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Ryno

Tasuki wrote:

Just ordered the Special Edition on the Xbox 360 from Amazon. I cant wait for this one two of my favorite fighting game franchises go at it. Anyone else picking this one up?

Na, I will wait till the Super version gets released.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CanisWolfred

Bass_X0 wrote:

Knux wrote:

Make up your mind.

Mega Man is the most milked series ever created in videogames. You could probably work it out at an average of four different games released every year since 1987 (at a guess).

And yet you complain when Capcom milks a series. You should be thankful by your own admission that Capcom has stopped milking one of their characters.

That's actually a pretty good guess. Mega Man had been around for over 25 years now, and he has over 100 games. A lot of his games are similar, too, and of course that's counting remakes and rereleases.Yeah, I'll admit he's been Milked. With that said, It's not black and white. Obviously Knux likes Mega Man enough to want them to, and at least a lot of his samey games are advertised as new instead of upgraded versions of preexisting games.

Personally, I'm more of a fighter fan, though, and I would have no qualms about picking up Street Fighter X Tekken day one, if I had the money. I'll pick it up next year, and if there's an Ultimate Edition, I'll pick up that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Yeah I will probably end up getting the Super-Hyper-Championship-Turbo-Deluxe-Ultimate-Supreme edition when that comes out as well but the extras that they are giving with the Special Edition is way to tempting. Besides I can always trade it in if another version does come out.

My Backlog

Linky_97

Sooooo.... What does every one think about this game??? I want it bad but i dont own any of the consoles that its being made for. I heard a rumor that its getting realised for the 3DS. What happened to that???

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

Tasuki

@Link_Belmont: I believe that was just a rumor that it was coming out for the 3DS either that or you got it mixed up with the Tekken game that just came out on the 3DS. I never heard from Capcom about getting released on the 3DS just the PS3 and Xbox 360.

As for enjoying it I like it alot. Its not a crazy button smasher like Marvel VS Capcom 3. If you are a big fan of the Street Fighter series than you will like this game alot cause it plays alot like SF even the Tekken characters, which messes me up sometimes cause I am use to doing the special moves for the Tekken characters like I do in Tekken and in here as I said they are more like SF.

I have only really done arcade mode and a few VS with my son so I have still to try out the online mode so I cant commit on that. Person if I were you unless you can get and the special addition bonuses are something you would like I would just rent this one and wait for a Supreme Ultra Dynamic Turbo Championship version to come out.

My Backlog

Kyloctopus

Hey, I heard that Megaman and Pacman come out tomorrow, is this true?

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Linky_97

@Tasuki No, im pretty sure that Ono him self said that he is going to make it. read this: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/capcom-is-considering-street-fight...

I think i will rent it and take it too my friends house and play it.(Cuz i dont own a PS3,PSVita or Xbox360)

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:

Tasuki

@Koops3: I think so but I am not sure we will just have to wait till tomorrow and see.

@Link_Belmont: Thanks for that link I never heard that before but if you read the article he said that he would like to see it on the 3DS but nothing is concrete meaning its all up to Capcom. And he also stated that he wasnt even sure if they would bring out the AE on SSFIV to the 3DS either. There is however a Vita version if you have one of those.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Linky_97

Read this too: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-is-no-reason-that-street-fig...

This was posted a while after the other one.

Wii U online games:
3DS Online games:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.