Forums

Topic: Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Not for Wii U)

Posts 101 to 120 of 122

DefHalan

SpookyMeths wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

Maybe they didn't pay anything as the Vita is doing decent in Japan, but they probably did a bunch of coercing to get to the west.

Enough to make this version sell 2 million copies?Cause that's what Capcom wants these days with their games.

That's what Capcom wants with their AAA games. This is not an AAA game.

Resdient Evil isn't AAA?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

SpookyMeths wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

Maybe they didn't pay anything as the Vita is doing decent in Japan, but they probably did a bunch of coercing to get to the west.

Enough to make this version sell 2 million copies?Cause that's what Capcom wants these days with their games.

How in gods name Resident evil isn't an AAA game?Cause this franchise isn't indie that's for sure.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Storytime7

midnafanboy wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

How in gods name Resident evil isn't an AAA game?Cause this franchise isn't indie that's for sure.

I think he's talking specifically about Revelations 2. If that's the case, then I kinda agree.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Ralizah

It's an episodic release, yes? There are games that fall between the AAA and indie extremes.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CaviarMeths

I was one of the 12 people who actually bought Siren: Blood Curse, so I'm speaking from experience here. An episodic survival horror game is not AAA. The complete season package is selling for $25. Capcom considers this game less valuable than the Phoenix Wright Trilogy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

SpookyMeths wrote:

I was one of the 12 people who actually bought Siren: Blood Curse, so I'm speaking from experience here. An episodic survival horror game is not AAA. The complete season package is selling for $25. Capcom considers this game less valuable than the Phoenix Wright Trilogy.

I think its a net result of the cheap console port of revelations doing well and how episodic gaming is doing well. For $5 i'll try the first episode and if like it i'll season pass.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CaviarMeths

shingi_70 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

I think its a net result of the cheap console port of revelations doing well and how episodic gaming is doing well. For $5 i'll try the first episode and if like it i'll season pass.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Siren: Blood Curse was a fantastic little game, so episodic survival horror can work very well. But this is obviously a smaller title in Capcom's view. It doesn't have an AAA budget.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DexInDaJungle

Not surprised there isn't a Wii U release, a little surprised that there isn't a 3DS one. Meh, was probably gonna get it on Xbox One anyway but still a shame for Nintendo only players.

Twitter:

Dezzy

DefHalan wrote:

Resdient Evil isn't AAA?

Yeah, I wouldn't call this AAA, not by modern standards. I bet the budget for this is absolutely tiny compared to something like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty. Which I'm fine with. I don't think big budgets were helping Resi at all.

DexInDaJungle wrote:

Not surprised there isn't a Wii U release, a little surprised that there isn't a 3DS one. Meh, was probably gonna get it on Xbox One anyway but still a shame for Nintendo only players.

I'm not that surprised about the 3DS really. For saying it's been out for so long and is probably the best looking game on the 3DS, and therefore probably one of the most expensive to make, it really didn't sell as many as it should've. Plus, given that it's obviously being targeted for the consoles, it'd be a lot more effort to downsize it for a 3DS port.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Punished_Boss_84

midnafanboy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

They want their games to sell that in their entirety, not just single platform sales. Besides Sony said on stage they're producing and publishing it, so it has no bearing on Capcom's presence on Vita.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

shingi_70

Game looks fun and overall its a great time for fans of episodic gaming right now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

MsJubilee

shingi_70 wrote:

Game looks fun and overall its a great time for fans of episodic gaming right now.

Could it get anymore cliche?I hope the gameplay is solid and there's at least some horror in this, and my god be better than Resident Evil 6.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

shingi_70

Well horror is literally the genre made upon clichés so it fits.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

complaining about RE being cliched is about as meaningless as complaining about Kirby being cute

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

dumedum

Could have been a nice game to market with the New 3DS.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

shingi_70

How has the series been westernized other than having a big AAA Hollywood style story.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

I tried playing Resident Evil 6 a couple of months ago and it is one of the most miserable experiences I've had playing a game. And this is from someone who isn't even that into Resident Evil outside of 4.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Never played six, and honestly I expect state of decay ruined other zombie games for me.

WAT!

Entei

I actually really liked playing resident evil 6. I played through the game in co-op with my brother and I think the reason we liked the game more that most people is that we didn't take the game too seriously, and playing it in co-op is more fun.

We're looking forward to playing resident evil revelations 2 because it has a focus on co-op play.

Entei

CaviarMeths

RE is like the NCIS of horror games anyway.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.