Forums

Topic: Reasons to own a 360.

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

King_Boo

First off, I want to say I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. But something has been on my mind for awhile now, I want to know the reason for owning a 360. Everything I've been able to come up with as a reason I seem to just as easily turn it around. Exclusive games like Halo and Gears of War end up on the PC, and can even be played with an Xbox controller. I think there are other exclusive that don't go to the PC so that is a selling point. The PS3 has stronger graphics, though PS3 versions of game aren't often made to look better, also another reason I guess. And the online functionality that you have to pay for is an all around draw back in my eyes since I have no need for Facebook, Twitter, Netflix or the like. To pay to have access to the store seems just wrong, and since most Xbox games only offer online multiplayer that seems like a trap into Live if you want that function of the game that you can get for free with Wii and the PS3.
I don't own a 360 so I don't know exactly all the functionality that is granted to you so I just want to know why it is that you would use a system that has almost a guaranteed chance of failing and a constant added cost for a function that is free elsewhere?

Edited on by King_Boo

Full name King Boo the Nefarious
3DS FC: 5241-1931-6226
PSN: King_Boo922
Nintendo Network ID: KingBoo
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922

Adam

I can't believe anyone would want to on a 360.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Meta-Rift

I've been wondering the same thing since it was released, and I can't come up with anything.

Meta-Rift

LzWinky

I don't want to on a 360

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Punny

Well there's....uh.......
Oh! There's....ummm.......
You see there's errrrr.......
I've got nothing.
Except for Xbox Live and a library of first-person shooters.

I'm back (for the moment)!

retired_account

I have plenty reasons to off a 360.

retired_account

King_Boo

Sorry about that, I always forget to check the spelling of the topic.

LzWinky

Let's see, why do I want to own a 30 ton piece of junk that may crash on me? ...

Hmmm...

Lz checks his PS3

It makes a good doorstop?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

King_Boo

I would never dare, they'd flame me for hours with stupid logic.

imapterodactyl

WhoKnew wrote:

The only reason I got is exclusive XBLA games.

But is that worth it? Probably not...

Limbo is amazing. I was upset to hear it's apparently not coming to PS3. At least I can still play it on my roommate's X-Box though.

imapterodactyl

The_Fox

Joe22 wrote:

Exclusive games like Halo and Gears of War end up on the PC, and can even be played with an Xbox controller.

Flawed logic, as many there are plenty of gamers that dislike the hassle of PC gaming.

Joe22 wrote:

The PS3 has stronger graphics, though PS3 versions of game aren't often made to look better

Eh...Maybe? It's really close enough that it's hard to say for sure.

Joe22 wrote:

. And the online functionality that you have to pay for is an all around draw back in my eyes since I have no need for Facebook, Twitter, Netflix or the like. To pay to have access to the store seems just wrong, and since most Xbox games only offer online multiplayer that seems like a trap into Live if you want that function of the game that you can get for free with Wii and the PS3.

You;re wrong there; you've never had to pay to access the store. Plenty of 360 games offer offline multiplayer, especially the bigger titles (Halo 3, ODST, Gears of War, RE5, Borderlands, etc.)

Joe22 wrote:

I don't own a 360 so I don't know exactly all the functionality that is granted to you so I just want to know why it is that you would use a system that has almost a guaranteed chance of failing and a constant added cost for a function that is free elsewhere?

Now this statement is pretty interesting. It suggests the whole thread was created not out of curiosity, but rather a chance to post a slam. What a surprise. Anyway, the newer models have been much less likely to suffer from the problems of the earlier models (which didn't have a "nearly guaranteed chance of failing").

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Hokori

Skittles. JK there are good games for 360 but not as many for me as on wii or ps3

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

CanisWolfred

X...B...L...A!!! What more reason do you need? Cheap games with demoes for each, sweet sales if you go for the Gold Subscription, and some of the best games that even outrank disc games, and many of them not available anywhere else, or at least they're the best versions if they are. If you really must have a disc game, look online for exclusives that don't get enough attention. The big blockbusters aren't very good, IMO.

Also, the online fuctionalities of the Xbox 360 are superb. Some of the best if you're looking to play with friends. The PS3 and Steam ain't got nothing on Xbox Live. It's worth the fee, IMO, coupled with the rest of the benefits.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

A reason can be to have a pin that says...
"I'm a survivor of the red ring"

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.